PDA

View Full Version : A Prayer for John Blewett III

The Bullfather
08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Keep a prayer for John Blewett III, taken to the trama unit at Thompson.

chrome horn
08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Bull father, I edited your post because nothing has been confirmed. I'm hearing it does not look good, but let's wait for a formal announcement. Until then everyone keep JB III in your thoughts and prayers

PitGirl35
08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with John and his family...

MandyB
08-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm praying for the best. The Blewetts are in my mind...

Jaws
08-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Our prayers are with John and his whole family.

chrome horn
08-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Wtnh 8 in Connecticut is reporting that John is listed in serious condition at this time at Hubbel Hospital

Precision Auto
We are keeping John, his family and friends in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.......

Linda and Norm Case

Teds Race Tours
Our Prayers and Thoughts are with the Blewett Family. Jennifer and Ted Baxter

RGeeProductions
08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the Blewett's.....

ModTourMan
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Keeping the prayers going here in NJ.

Tooner
08-17-2007, 12:03 AM
All my thoughts and Prayers are with John III and his family and friends tonight. Especially jimmy.

Mike Clayton

RGeeProductions
08-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I hate this.....
I have just recieved word that John Blewett III has passed from the injuries he sustained.
My prayers go to the entire Blewett family and I hope they can get through this tragic time.
SHAWN COURCHESNE STORY (http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-thompson0817.artaug17,0,6811231.story)

chrome horn
08-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Truly is sad. Another young talented driver and human being taken too soon from the world. John, we'll miss you. To his family and friends, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

ModTourMan
08-17-2007, 12:25 AM
God Bless you John Blewett III.

PitGirl35
08-17-2007, 12:29 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family

phillie
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
this is horrible....God Speed JBIII

Precision Auto
08-17-2007, 12:39 AM
To John's family, crew members, friends - in and out of the racing community - and to Jimmy, know that you are in our hearts.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

michael wood
08-17-2007, 12:44 AM
We will miss John Blewett. I pray for his family and all his friends and crew,
and brother Jimmy, i pray for him.

god speed

RGeeProductions
08-17-2007, 12:50 AM
There might not be any 21 Gun Salutes. No Purple Hearts. No Burial at Sea. There will be flags at half mast anywhere there is a modified fan present. Thursday August 16th, 2007 is not a day to celebrate. Not by a long shot. Today is a day that we will all do what we have grown far too accustomed to doing. Saying goodbye.

I am not here to eulogize John. I did not know him personally, and that’s not my place. I am here, like many of us, who are feeling every emotion known to man right now. Not sure what to blame. You can’t put blame in times like this. It is just the nature of auto racing. It is so cruel that our sport can be so treacherous at times. It is Such a thing of beauty when all goes right. But as great and as high as our sport can get, it can’t begin to touch the lows that we all suffer from at a time like this. At a time like this I wonder why anybody would want to race. Why would anybody want to risk their life for this game of ours. We’ll all be asking that question for quite a while.

I can’t begin to write a piece honoring the life of John Blewett III. I’m sure that in the days that follow, others will write words worthy of praise for John. All I can do is join everybody else in our extended modified family and send along our deepest prayers for John’s Family and Friends.

Please join me in celebrating the life of John Blewett III. I think it would be a great way to honor John by having everybody on all Modified message boards utilizing some sort of John Blewett III avatar. I think that is a good place to start by honoring a man who lost his life by simply doing what we all know and love.

God Speed John, You are already sorely missed.

Anonymous

zoomcat
08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
God Speed John, my thoughts and prayers to your family and friends and especially to Jimmy.

Axel
08-17-2007, 05:17 AM
I was hoping for good news this morning and I am deeply saddened by this terrible news.

Godspeed John.

To the entire Blewett family, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

God bless.
-Alex

Rabbit504
08-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Thought and prayers with the Blewett Family and friends.

66modifiedfan
08-17-2007, 06:56 AM
What more can I say. Johnny is one of my favorite modified drivers. You will be missed dearly! GOD BLESS everyone in the Blewett family. :(

I will miss you.

LongIslandJam
08-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Very sad:( :*-(

John Blewett III will be missed...

On behalf of RacerHub, TheChromeHorn.com, and LongIslandJam.com, i send my deepest condolences to the Blewett family (especially his father and brother Jimmy), friends, and fans. We will miss those baby blue eyes at the track.

May JBIII rest in peace and may he have fun racing with the legends up in Heaven Raceway, because he's definitely earned himself a spot...

Howie
08-17-2007, 07:33 AM
It truly was a sad night last night. I'm still having a problem accepting what happened. John you will be missed and we will think about you for a long time, thanks for the memories. Our prayers are with Jimmy, Crystal and the entire Blewett family and all of his friends and fans. RIP...JBIII!!

CynthiaTork
08-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Certainly not the news I came looking for this morning. It is indeed sad that such a young person was taken from from us so early. Best wishes to the family and friends.

gomodsgo
08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
godspeed JBIII. My condolences to his family, friends, crew, and fans. You will truly be missed.

KyleMac45
08-17-2007, 07:52 AM
My prayers are with the Blewett Family- Racing will never be the same

jfp711
08-17-2007, 08:07 AM
What a sad day for modified racing, my thoughts and prayes go out to the blewitt family, what a lost. Showtime I love you buddy, be strong glad we were able to speak this morning, we are here for you and the whole family.......... Joe

Linda
08-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jimmy, Crystal, Shelly, Janice, Mr. Blewett and the entire Blewett family and close friends. I feel so bad for Jimmy..our thoughts are especially with him. I am a huge fan of both Blewetts and for both of them to be involved in such a horrific accident is just beyond words. Godspeed John and RIP. Rick, Linda, Brittany & Mercedes. Jake Marosz # 9 & Wade Cole #33 :*-(

Sandra
08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett family at this time. I applaud the other drivers for the class act that they were last night. Mike Stefanik showed what a true champion he was.

KyleMac45
08-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Wall Speedway on a Saturday Night will never be the same because we will not be able to John and Jimmy fighting for the lead, or see Johns big smile when he wins...

Kyle McGowan- Long time John Blewett III fan and very good friend

StevePro
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I just don't understand why these things happen. I feel terrible for Jimmy and the entire Blewett family. I'm at a loss for words. I can't believe it happened again with the tour at Thompson. It felt like we were all one big family last night. The looks on the faces seem to make time stand still. Thanks for the memories John. You were so much fun to watch. We will all miss you.

Steve

Rentawrench
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
To the whole Blewett Clan & Cyrstal, Our Hearts & Prayers to you.

John we Love & miss you Already

Mike, Gracie & Kim

witchin8
08-17-2007, 10:11 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Jamie Williams
08-17-2007, 10:11 AM
R.I.P JBIII You will be sadly missed.

froggy22
08-17-2007, 10:42 AM
:( you are in our thoughts and prayers.. you will never be forgotten JBIII.

raceaddict24
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Like everyone else, thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family and friends. Its always hard to accept something like this in the racing community, he will be missed on and off the track by all.

fattdaddy61
08-17-2007, 05:58 PM
We Also Agree on the call that was made by Mike Stefanik and the other Drivers not to complete the Race last night in John's Honor. It is with Heavy Hearts that the #09 Bobby Grigas Team wish to Express Our Deepest Condolences to the Blewett Family.

Steffy
08-17-2007, 08:01 PM
We send our utmost sympathy to all involved. God Speed John.
Michael & Julie Stefanik

BOWATCHER
08-17-2007, 08:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett Family as well as the TS family.

Brian Hawks
08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I didnt know Jimmy or John personally. Only heard stories through Brian Crammer. He admired both.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family. We lost one heck of a race car driver, and from what I understand, one heck of a man.

Thoughts and prayers also go out to Jimmy, Words can't express how hard this must be on him..

-Brian Hawks

Reidonly
08-17-2007, 09:59 PM
So sorry to hear this. It's always a sad day when someone in the racing community is taken too soon. :*-(

Chris
08-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Another blow to modified racing, he will truly be missed. My condolences to the blewett family. Saturday night at Wall will never be the same again.

chrome horn
08-17-2007, 11:32 PM
When I compiled this over the winter, I never thought it would be used as a memorial TCH Blewett's/ (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2006/features/blewetts/)

I'm still at a loss for words. God Bless John and the Blewett familly

RGeeProductions
08-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Wow... Thanks Fran, I had forgotten about that.
John III and Jimmy (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2006/features/blewetts/slides/1993%20-%204828740-R2-030-13A_5.html)
The Blewett Family (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2006/features/blewetts/slides/1993%20-%204828740-R2-034-15A_5.html)

GBierce
08-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Our Prayers & Thoughts Are With The Blewett Family.

broz
08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
From myself and the entire family of Jr. Ambrose we send our sincere condolences.
My dad has fond memories of running against the Blewetts at Wall and wanted the family to know his prayers are with you.

The Bullfather
08-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Thompson International Speedway August 9th, 2007. I have the week off and head up to Ct. I walked into the pits and begin my journey to finding the Eddie Partridge rig. As most times I've seen John Blewett III he was over looking his modified, this time his #5 SK ride when he and his brother arrived. It was a smile that just beemed excitment and joy. He seemed to live and breathe racing.

I talked with Jimmy two weeks before the tour race at the Baldwin/Charlie J/Evans Memorial race. I was able to do a Pitbull interview with him 2 years prior. We talked about many things, but in the video he talked of how much his brother was his hero. His memories growing watching his brother racing and all he wanted to do was the same thing that brought a smile to his brothers face. He came from such a strong history from his father racing all over the northeast.Wall Stadium seemed to be his home, till he had to hit the road and Islip and Riverhead became his home among other tracks, when New Eygpt was paved, Stafford and Thompson. Seeemed there was a race every night of the week. John III wanted to do the same thing. He was able to make a go of things and Jimmy wanted a piece of the pie too.

While talking to Jimmy, we wanted to do a Pitbull the night of the tour race with him and his big brother John. Due to The Evernham race taking place at Wall that night, John had to be where he was needed. I was looking foward to seeing the two brothers smiling and laughing telling stories growing up at the tracks. Jimmy and John meeting the first time on the track, their famous battles on the track and their big grins as the bumped each over all over the track. No matter what the out come was, they always loved each other. I will forever rememeber seeing John with the huge smile of his looking over his machine, with his brother by his side. I will rememeber seeing John and Jimmy together laughing in the pits at Thompson. This was his life, this was his family!
Godspeed John Blewett III

BlingxBling
08-18-2007, 02:14 PM
My condolences to the entire Blewett family. John will certainly be missed.

DLia
08-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Just want to say Thank You Johnny. Thanks for the friendship and memories, the insight you gave me, and all the help you offered and provided. You were an amazing driver, but more importantly much more of an amazing one of a kind person. It will never be the same without you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the whole Blewett family. JB IV is out there racing today just the way you would of wanted him to.
RIP bud,
Don, Donny and the LMI crew

LAP66
08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
There are no words to descibe how we feel right now.

To Grandpa, Junior, Jimmy and the entire Blewett family, we are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the team and a part of your lives.

To the rest of the crew, you are all the best of the best, stay strong.

John......you were a great friend and you are loved and missed more and more with each day. Thank you for so many great memories.

Lisa & Dave
aka........Blewett Motorsports North

zoomcat
08-20-2007, 01:48 AM
When I compiled this over the winter, I never thought it would be used as a memorial TCH Blewett's/ (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2006/features/blewetts/)

I'm still at a loss for words. God Bless John and the Blewett familly

Very nice Fran

mrhotrod
08-20-2007, 07:20 AM
John, you'll be missed greatly by all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family.

Goldy
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
The sun rises today and it’s another day I’m left continually thinking about JBIII and the events of Thursday’s race. I’m trying to find some solace, but it’s been very difficult to find any comfort – I’ll continue to try though and more importantly – I pray for John’s family.

The last several years I’ve been admiring John’s success in a Modified. To me he was an unassuming hero, a fierce competitor and a tremendous talent.

As I walked the pits prior to the Bud 150 – I walked by John who was sitting on a nerf bar – I looked over in his direction and was immediately stuck by his brilliant blue eyes – I thought of asking for a picture but I didn’t want to interrupt him – in retrospect, I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded.. Instead I snapped a picture of his car.

This has been a devastating and tragic event – I pray that time, faith, courage and understanding will help heal everyone’s shattered hearts.

My thoughts are with the entire Blewett family, their friends and fans – and fans of Modified racing who will feel the void left behind by a talented driver and a quality man; one who was quietly building a racing resume worthy of praise and admiration.

God Speed John – rest in peace.

Chris Goldsnider

stefanikfan
08-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I awoke on Friday morning and turned on the local news as I normally do. The first news story I heard about was about John. My wife burst into tears and I was in total shock. I had to work Friday and was away all weekend and couldn't reflect on how I felt though the thought of JBIII was not with us anymore rolled through my mind all weekend. I spoke with Raceaddict24 on Friday and he informed me about what had happened.

Now, Monday evening, I've had time to reflect, I am deeply saddened and very upset and I feel for the whole Blewett family and our thoughts and prayers go out to them. I've read all the posts in this thread and I find myself welling up with tears now and again. I am just a fan and I didn't know him personally but we are a close knit family and when as tragidy like this strikes, it saddens us as if a family member is lost, and it pulls us together. I can't imagine a tour race without him, he made it just that more exciting. John was as tough as nails to be sure!!

I also would like to thank Mike Stefanik and Eddie Flemke for parking their cars out of respect, you are true gentlemen!!

Race on JBIII....We'll miss you!

Rob,aka,
Stefanikfan.