PDA

View Full Version : Nice Tribute/Article on John Blewett III

Axel
08-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Mike Twist wrote a very nice article about John Blewett on Speed51. The article can be found here (http://www.51sportsracing.com/2007_stories/Mods_WMT/Blewett_Obit.html)

phillie
08-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I put this together this morning....if anyone would like a better quality one just email me....

Mike Fields
08-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Alex, that's one of many good articles, and I'm certain there will be many more in the coming days.

Tooner
08-17-2007, 03:14 PM
There will be a Memorial Tribute Service at Wall for fans and friends of John Blewett III Saturday night, August 18th. They will be bringing his #76 out on the track in a special "final lap" after it gets dark, and then will park it in the grandstand area for fans to leave cards, letters, flowers, etc. for the family. The Funeral services will be private, so this is a chance for all John's fans and friends to say their farewell to a great racer. Races will now start at 6pm instead of 6:30pm.

Everyone at Wall Township Speedway joins all the other racers and fans in offering their condolences and prayers to the Blewett Family, friends, crew, and fans of JB III...

ModTourMan
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Alex, that's one of many good articles, and I'm certain there will be many more in the coming days.

Two nice articles here in NJ. Both the Newark Star Ledger (Saturday) and the Asbury Park Press (Monday) ran front page lead stories about this tragedy. The Ledger wrote a respectful article and featured the now familiar and beautiful photo of John and Jimmy taken at Wall at the Tour race this past spring.
The Press article was also nicely done (with a bit more of a local feel) and focused on the Saturday evening tribute at Wall (with photos).