PDA

View Full Version : John Blewett III fatally injured at Thompson

Chuck Schartzer
08-17-2007, 09:08 AM
John Blewett III was killed last night at Thompson Speedway during a WMT race. He and his brother Jimmy were running 1st and 2nd and on a lap 107 restart, got together with Jimmy's car on top of John's and a nerf bar on Jimmy's car hit John in the head. My condolences to the entire Blewett family!

intense1
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
SAD news, indeed...John was always exciting to watch at Flemington. He was also THE man to beat, whenever he climbed into a Mod at Wall.
He could win anywhere he raced.
Along comes Jimmy, and he immediately becomes one of John's fiercest competitors. I was too young to remember much of John Blewett(dad), but from what I understand, he was tough too.
A talented racing family.
The only thing more exciting than one Blewett on the track...was two.
Deepest sympathies to the entire family.

richardpetey
08-19-2007, 05:10 AM
A fitting tribute to John Blewett III was held at Wall Township Speedway tonight...............................:applause:
His family and friends were in attendance and JBIII's memory and life were honored by thousands of fans..............................:angel:
Many tracks in the NE had similar programs as a token of respect for JBIII and his family....................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

White Lightnin
08-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Was anything done to honor JBIII at Mountain last night?

The Frog Lady
08-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes we did pay tribute to him last night at Mountain Speedway with a moment of silence as well. He will be sadly missed by all.

~Ginger

Mike Fields
08-19-2007, 08:19 PM
There were tributes from Seekonk all the way down to Bowman Gray. Although we didn't have a chance to watch the Busch race from Brooklyn, MI as we were at the Memorial at Wall, we understand that many of the Busch cars had 'JBIII' decals on them.