PDA

View Full Version : Twin State Speedway

Howie
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
TSS track owner Dennis Fleury announced Friday night at the drivers meeting that Twin State Speedway would no longer be a NASCAR track come 2008.

Mike Fields
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM
So much for a "Flash" race there next season....

Teds Race Tours
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
TSS track owner Dennis Fleury announced Friday night at the drivers meeting that Twin State Speedway would no longer be a NASCAR track come 2008.

Thats a shame, as that will probably be the best WMT race in 2007.

gomodsgo
08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Well it was a hard decision, but when you pay Nascar each week their "cut" of the purse you pay to your drivers, and then they turn around and only give you $1100 for 3 nights of THEIR sponsors that you MUST have at your track, you have to think it's not a profitable situation.

Stinks cause I SO wanted to have another WMT race there. :*-(

Groundpounder
08-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, there have been WMT races at tracks that weren't part of the weakly series. It just hasn't happened that often. With the difficulty they've been having filling the schedule, I think TSS could have a race next year if they wanted. I definitely see how the economics don't work out for the track very well. Send nascar a big 5 figure check in the spring, then 5% of the purse you pay out to all your nascar classes every week. That's bad enough, but to tell you you have to give 3 of their corporate sponsors exclusive nights at your track and essentially only pay for one (at a rate that should be a big discount at most tracks), that's just way too much. I'd say that if more tracks push back or leave the series that they'd get the message, but I'd probably be giving them too much credit. They'll probably just scrap the weekly series if that happens. JMO

WillyKJr
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Ya know....it's kinda' disturbing how the Tour was created to help Mods and the local tracks to promote a "special" show and now it has become an albatross for these folks. I love the Tour and short track racing equally but I can't see how this is going to have a good ending. NASCAR is plain looking for too much from folks that can't run their business that way.

Seems to me that NASCAR should get their straight sanction fee to display the name, leverage core benefits (like insurance and safety) and other pluses associated with being under the big top but let the tracks make money their way. They know the demographic for their area, they know their overhead, they know their goals. Not NASCAR. As long as it is aligned with the NASCAR rule book and corporate standards the tracks should be responsible for making or breaking the deal on their own. The track wants a Touring event because they think it will help their business then they need to figure out how to get it done so the drivers, fans and themselves walk away happy and eager to do it again.

For a non-sanctioned tracks maybe a straight sanction fee for the event and again the promoter figures out how to come up with the purse to make it happen or not happen. Seeking sponsorship of the event and busting your hump is always an admirable quality when dealing with racers.....

Just my delirious two cents.