PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN SCREAMER Enduro-$1500 to win!!!

intense1
08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Entries are now being accepted for the "HALLOWEEN SCREAMER" Championship Enduro set for Saturday, October 27.
...$1500 to win!!!...
150 laps-4 cylinders
150 laps-6/8 cylinders
(double points)
Printable entry form is now available at www.mountainspeedway.com or can be obtained thru the speedway office or by calling (570)384-3215.
***NOTE***
Starting positions will be determined by the order that entries are received so return your paid entries ASAP!!!

visit www.mountainspeedway.com under "Mountain Madness Enduro Series" for rules and info.

Richie
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
This at Riverhead or Mountain??

intense1
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
This at Riverhead or Mountain??

Mountain...

richardpetey
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Is the $1500 guaranteed regardless of the amount of cars registered?....................:confused:
How much is the entry fee?...........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
08-21-2007, 10:33 AM
$1500 to win with 50 cars entered - top 10 finish positions will be paid with 50 or more cars entered - top 5 finish positions will be paid with less than 50 cars entered

We are expecting over 50 cars in each class so get your entries in early!!!

Petey-NO refunds for DQs.;)

note: less than 50 cars...purse will be pro rated.

N.Y. racing
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
How much is it to register a car, bring it in the pits, and race it ??? I know the form says $100 bucks to register the car, but the one time I went to Mountain, I found out you have to watch out for the hidden charges.

intense1
08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Entry Fee= $100
Pit Pass for 10/27= $30
Transponder Rental= $12
(You will need a transponder bracket, if you don't already have one)
Transponder Bracket= $10

The rush of racing on the 1/3 mile oval...4,5, and sometimes even 6 wide...for 150 laps...rain or shine...in true enduro fashion...until one driver emerges the victor...
PRICELESS!

intense1
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Entries already received
10 Big Cars
9 Small Cars

Get those entries in ASAP!!!

intense1
08-25-2007, 11:07 AM
As of 8/24:
16-6/8 Cylinders
9-4 Cylinders
Already signed up!...Get those entries in ASAP!!!
Remember...Starting positions determined by the order entries are received.

tstiles
08-25-2007, 03:35 PM
mike, i asked you for an answer on that issue we spoke about when there were 15 big cars regestered. i hope you get back to me quick , i dont want to be last on race day because of you. lol just kidding! did you talk to pappy??? .

intense1
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
4/6 cylinder enduro trucks may run with the 6/8 cylinder cars, with the following rules:
Any truck running a locked rear, must run same size tires(height, width, rim size) on all corners.
Any truck running an open rear, may run different height tires on any corner.
ALL trucks MUST maintain minimum 6 inch frame height(ground clearance), measured from lowest part of frame rail.
All other Riverhead 4/6 cylinder enduro truck rules will apply.
Any questions, call the speedway office at (570)384-3215.

00 RBDJ
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know what the min. age to run the enduro is?

racenut38
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
14 in pa 16 at Riverhead

richardpetey
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
At Mountain, you just have to be old enough to reach your wallet..............:help:
Always green racing.....cash register in every corner..............:rolleyes:

intense1
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
You wanna play...you gotta pay.
Maybe Old Uncle Petey can't run with the Big Dogs anymore:disgusted

Come on out to Mountain on October 27, your not scared...are you???

Parking is always...FREE!:applause:

as of 8/29:
19-6/8 cylinders
13-4 cylinders

2 Lucky winners will be taking home alot of CA$H!!!
Get those entries in ASAP!

richardpetey
08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
If your going to the Halloween Reamer hoping for your big break.....................:drool:
Give up the masquerade, its only money they will take.........:*-(
Are you really running with the "big dogs"?.......its hard to tell...........:confused:
Is it the flying fur or the awful smell?...................:(
Will anybody see the big dough, right now its only talk..............:disgusted
Instead of busting my horns, lets see if they can walk the walk.............:eek:

sk8077
08-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Untrue are the the comments you might hear...:*-(
Mountain speedway has payed what they advertised all year :applause:

I've been to past enduros where the advertised price was never payed or didn't even come close to what it was advertised. But the madness series has delivered so far EVERY TIME this year. I know my entry is in for the big race...

intense1
08-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Put up the dough,
And off to MOUNTAIN you'll go,
on October 27,
It'll be Enduro heaven,
To the winners, $1500 GUARANTEED,
So maybe you should quit smokin' that....
NO...better yet,
The "SCREAMER" is picking up speed!!!

As of 8/30:
24-6/8 Cylinders
14-4 Cylinders

Shaping up to be Enduro racing's PREMIERE event, here in the North-East. So, keep those entries coming!

richardpetey
08-30-2007, 11:04 PM
You've started the "reamer" ghosts just a whirling.............:rolleyes:
And some of the remarks have simply been Sterling............:-B
This back and forth banter has been just a promoters fountain...........;)
But I've been to "Enduro Heaven" and it wasn't at mountain............:(
I get my high from racing and its people, anything else is untrue................:cool:
If anyone needs advice on vices, I'll send'em to you..............:help:
Enduro racings premiere event in the NE, no way!.................:disgusted
When you get all the NEETS members together again.........that'll be the day...........................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
08-31-2007, 10:14 AM
ALL Enduro drivers, clubs, organizations, and series are WELCOME at this BLOCKBUSTER national event!

CJfilms
08-31-2007, 02:14 PM
ALL Enduro drivers, clubs, organizations, and series are WELCOME at this BLOCKBUSTER national event!

Oh realy? So would you like NEETS to host it for you?

intense1
08-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Joe,
I am flattered by your offer, but I will respectfully decline.
Mountain Speedway already has an Enduro series...The ABC auto parts and car crushing "Mountain Madness Enduro Series".
Our sixth and final event of the season will see the finest Enduro drivers on the East Coast, many of which have already signed up, to compete for the $1500 top prize. Enduro racers from tracks all over the North East are already in preparation for the "Halloween Screamer", twin 150 lap events for both the 4 Cylinders, and the 6/8 Cylinders.
Along with the guaranteed $1500 to the winners, comes the prestige and more importantly...the bragging rights of being...the best of the best.
The Halloween theme will only add to the festive atmosphere, to make for a great day, and to create an annual fall classic event that folks will talk about for years to come.
And for all those Enduro drivers...from various clubs, tracks, organizations, and series...when you are at Mountain Speedway, you are part of the...MOUNTAIN MADNESS family.
So to all the newbies...WELCOME!

CJfilms
09-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Wow Mike, it sounds like you guys really have a show put together....

I like the layout, 4 and 6/8's, the purse, the $100 registration...where did you ever come up with the ideas? :-B

I tell you, the guy who must have originally put all this together...wow, he must be quite a guy!

Keep up the good work, Petey!:applause: :applause:

W. J.
09-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Even from my hotel room in NC, I can tell where this thread is going, and it's not pretty. Can we can the rivalry and just all enjoy the fact that enduro racing has grown to the point where there are many venues for enduro lovers to race and watch?
No matter what the format or who came up with it, this is just a good thing for enduro racers and if you've got an opinion, fine, but that opinion should also reflect a gladness that this segment of auto racing has become what it is through the efforts of many people.;)

EnduroFromDE
09-01-2007, 12:46 PM
But what about that fine print???
That is $1500 guaranteed if you get 50 car or more, correct.
What is the car total right now???
I do feel the car count will hit the 50 only because the other tracks, except for NEETS, enduro races are over. Riverhead and Big Diamond will be done for the series by this time. Hopefully NEETS's car count will again rise to the 70, 80, and 90 plus car count that are the norm. And Joe, I'm surprised it is a 150 lap race, not a 131 lap race. And then change the name to the Frankenduro!!! Or maybe 200 laps and call it the Mutha's. But wait, is there not already a series that has this???

intense1
09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
To the winners, $1500 GUARANTEED
As per, the management of Mountain Speedway.

sk8077
09-01-2007, 03:18 PM
To the winners, $1500 GUARANTEED

As per, the management of Mountain Speedway.

:applause: Kudos to the Mountain Madness series for this decision. Glad to see its guaranteed and not a "pro rated" winners share on number of cars entered. Shaping up to be a great race!

richardpetey
09-02-2007, 05:08 AM
We can stop the verbal needling and in-fighting................:rolleyes:
Its no longer a pro-rated purse and we got it in writing..........:applause:
As far as the best of the best thats still up in the air..............:confused:
Dr D., Peaseman, Timmy, Fitz, and others would have to be there...........:D
So 2/10! If you can pull that off, have no fear..................;)
You'll have my vote for enduro promoter of the year...............:cheers:

CJfilms
09-02-2007, 08:34 AM
You're leaving out the most important driver on that list...Uncle P!!!!

Without him, it's not an enduro, it's just another ordinary race!

richardpetey
09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Joe C.! Thanks for your kind words, I guess I should gloat............:rolleyes:
But, I believe, people who toot their own horn get a sour note...............:(
I'd love to take a place next to the " Enduro Elites".........:drool:
But no one would know me if it wasn't for NEETS..................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Crazy Horse
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
AT the soup bowl the car counts are LOW... :*-(
that's not an ENDURO as we all know... :disgusted
there seems to be GOLD flowin from the fountain... :cool:
if you want an ENDURO, head to the MOUNTAIN :cheers:
So bring on the BIG names and make it a GO... ;) ;)
It's all about RACIN and MOUNTAIN has the SHOW... :D :cool:

ENDURO RACIN... IT IS
WHAT IT IS

richardpetey
09-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Its true the dogtrack may not be much desired..................:(
But any port in a storm because of what transpired.............;)
I'm still upset that the NEETS family has been split apart...........:disgusted
Hoping and praying that someone will put it all together and make a fresh start................:applause:
So I'm making a mercy call to the parties involved.............:angel:
Get NEETS back together and get this problem resolved.............:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

luvracing
09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Everybody welcome?? Mike when we were there last you talked to Robin about our cars with both side bars and he explained how they were put on and wouldn"t be able to come off without taking the body off. I believe you told him I know your cars" no problem". Rules came out (NO passenger side bars).I tried working with other series about rules so drivers could go back and forth between series. I tried to change and fought for some changes and we explained that to you at the time. You seemed receptive.
Now in tech. My son drove one of our cars and was dq'd for springs that we offered to take out of the car and were told no you are just dq'd. That is after over half hour looking at the car. The motor compartment, RF, LF and RR suspension all looked at, but not the LR where the spindle was broken by contact from the techs son (We came to find out). WE MADE A VOW NEVER TO COME BACK AND HAVEN'T.

We watched you drive a 200SX and do really well. Robin gutted one and did really well. It comes down to driver, that you know as well as the rest of us, it doesn't have to be worked on, just ability, luck and be there at the end.

EVERYBODY WELCOME?? I DON'T THINK SO.

intense1
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi Elaine,
A DQ does not, by any means...mean that you are NOT welcome. We have made some adjustments to the rules, over the course of the season, as tech has felt they were needed...and will continue to do so. I think the concept of Enduro racing was to "gut" a car, and "go" have some fun. But, many cars began to show up with more and more bracing, reinforcement, and suspension modifications. We already have a Saturday nite division (4 Cylinder Thrillers) for these type of cars.
From what I see, Enduro racing is changing a little. The day of the $50 clunker is gone, as scrap prices have increased. Racers that find a "good" car, do what they can to outfit it for survival. Our seasonal sponsor was purchasing 3 to 4 wrecked cars from racers at the first couple shows. Now, he is lucky to get 1. Another thing that many racers seem to NOT realize is the fact that we run in true Enduro fashion, by leaving the dead cars on the track. I mention it at every drivers meeting and still I get drivers who stall on the track, and try to push their cars to safety. Speaking of safety, that is always a #1 concern. Unfortunately, the added expense of safety items, roll cages, etc....will affect car counts.
As for entry fees, the cost of operating any speedway for a specific event is NOT cheap. I don't need to tell you that, as you and Robin are very aware of it, I am sure. And there is no guarantee that you will even make the green flag. Being able to go the distance comes from preparation, and that only comes from experience.
One question, why a passenger side rub rail???...I don't think it's necessary for true enduro racing. It prevents tires from being cut down...which is a part of the game. (Drivers side=safety...I understand that)
The "tech man" you are referring to, is no longer an official (partly for this reason).
And, I do remember a post by you, after the Frostbite enduro, about how you checked the springs when you got home and one of them WAS a little different.
I always enjoyed seeing (and racing) with Robin, Shawn, and your whole group. I hope you change your mind about coming up and visiting Mountain Speedway, for one of our fall events.
And, you or anyone else, can always contact me in the speedway office, with any questions or concerns. (570)384-3215.

intense1
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Mountain Speedway is proud to announce that the "Long Island Boyz" will be sponsoring trophies for the "Halloween Screamer" twin 150 lap championship Enduro events.
A special thanks to Dominic Ranieri, Robin Schweire, and the rest of the "Long Island Boyz"(and Girlz) for coming on board, to help the ABC auto parts and car crushing "Mountain Madness Enduro Series" complete the 2007 season, in style.:cool:

RacinRob
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Cut down tires part of the game?!!?:confused:

ex04bb
09-05-2007, 10:54 PM
In An Enduro, I Would Say Cut Down Tires Always Have Been Part Of The Game. Usually, Half The Cars Go Out Because Of Flats. At Least That Is How It Used To Be. Car Counts Have Gotten So Low, That Sometimes It Doesn't Even Feel Like An Enduro(Riverhead).

rydogg97
09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I would like to reply to the statement about passenger side rub rails. I think it is a matter of driver comfort and safety in their minds. I realise that enduros have changed having run them at Riverhead, so I think rules need to change also. If a pass. rub rail will save tires, so be it, and quite possibly by saving that little bit of money, you might make more money, which is what I see to be what you are worried about as I read thread!!!! Tech also should be fair across the board as well. What's good for one should be good for all! :D

intense1
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM
As of 9/18:
28-6/8 cylinders
18-4 cylinders

Calls coming from all over the northeast...more entries on the way!

intense1
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
On Sunday, Oct. 28 (day after the Halloween Screamer) Mountain Speedway will be having a Fall Swap Meet and Racers Flea Market from 9 am-1 pm at the track.
In the spring, there was a lot of bargaining going on and many great deals to be had.
Vendor spots just $10!!!
FREE Admission to browse/buy
Cars, Parts, anything racing related.

For more info call the speedway office at (570)384-3215.

tstiles
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I sold my truck , but I will bring something. Good luck to the new owner of my #4 truck.

intense1
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Will it be a 3-seater??? LOL:)

Golf Guy
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Is there a truck race?

intense1
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
4/6 cylinder enduro trucks may run with the 6/8 cylinder cars, with the following rules:
Any truck running a locked rear, must run same size tires(height, width, rim size) on all corners.
Any truck running an open rear, may run different height tires on any corner.
ALL trucks MUST maintain minimum 6 inch frame height(ground clearance), measured from lowest part of frame rail.
All other Riverhead 4/6 cylinder enduro truck rules will apply.
Any questions, call the speedway office at (570)384-3215.

No, see above

intense1
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
:applause: Back by popular demand, Spectator one-on-one Drag Racing as part of the "Halloween Screamer" Enduro event on October 27.
Check www.mountainspeedway.com or call (570)384-3215 for more info.

intense1
10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
This Saturday!!!
Rain or Shine...However, weather is looking better as latest forecast is AM showers with partly sunny skies by noon. Chance of rain is 30%.
Don't miss the BIGGEST enduro event of the fall season...BE THERE!

pitbull113
11-02-2007, 03:03 PM
boy i missed the bickering at this place. you guys act as if you invented enduro racing. enduros have been run long before neets was around. you boys should come to sunny florida where we run for $5000-$10,000. later :wave: i'm hitting the pool. :D

intense1
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
It's the ABC car crushing Mountain Madness Enduro Series...and no, we did not invent enduro racing, we PROMOTE it.

Jeff Walls, the 2007 MMES champion in the 6/8 cylinders, will be representing Mountain Speedway at Ocala Speedway on Thanksgiving weekend for the 10K to win enduro...with a FWD 6 cylinder.

Good luck to Jeff down in sunny Florida. :cool:

richardpetey
11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
NEETS no longer runs their series at Mountain Speedway....................:disgusted
Maybe someday, someone will have the foresight to bring them back...............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

woot lawrence
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey Steve, the pool in November? Must be nice! Set me up with a car and I'll come down. Let me know when you are ready to come back to Riverhead for a race, I may have an extra 4cyl for you.

pitbull113
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Woot, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. Unfortunately, after I wrecked the BMW, I haven't had a chance to build any new cars. Hopefully by next season. We have a cold spell now (78 degrees today, but 50's at night ), so the pool's out for a bit. :wave:

EnduroFromDE
11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Now that's an enduro!!!Good luck Jeff. If you looking for a pit crew, I can sure use a vacation!!!