PDA

View Full Version : 50 laps

jemalfano
08-20-2007, 04:41 PM
What a race by Alfano on Sat. I give 2 thumbs up. He really has that car working great this year, to come from the back of the field. Back in June, when he came out for one race he was the 2nd fastest. Now he just show everyone what he & the car can do. I hope to see him come back????

W. J.
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
:( You might want to reconsider what you've said here, in light of the official outcome. :(

bulldozer
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Nothing for nothing he did put on a great show.He ruffed a couple of people up but thats short track racing .He never dumped anyone and everyone keep there cool.Too bad he got dq'd.Definatly the run of the night.

wayne
08-20-2007, 05:18 PM
what was the infraction??

The Bullfather
08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Tires I believe, if someone can confirm. It was a great race to watch and to see Ken come from the back, he moved every car out of his way, never did he spin anyone! We were all going crazy on the back, no one could believe Kenny could work over a car that was that fast! Good run. Hopefully he can pull it off again without being Dq'ed.

Rubbin&Racin
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
:disgusted Old Tires is what they DQ'd him on, not juiced but old, never heard of that and I heard he ran quite the race and was willing to let them tear down whatever they wanted to ck, seems a bit unfair to me but thats just my opinion....Julie, good run for Kenny and you keep writing what ya feel about your favorite driver.

jemalfano
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
As for the question of the dq....... it was for "unapproved tires"..... said tires were Hoosier F-55 tires on the left side of the car. Was told the new tires that are being run are a harder tire this year. The renamed 1055 tire. After a call to Hoosier Tire East, I was told it is the same tire, just with a new numbering system instead of a letter. Plus, the tire with the stamp F-55 was the tire the season started with, and is now stamped 1055. So the "unofficial tires" are the same tires every Late Model is running. Plus these tires were official enough to pass tech to start the race and the other two races I ran this year. Guess it matters what year you bought the tire to make them "official"

Kenny Alfano

randomrodder
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Sounds to me like you have a real legit protest there. I don't mean to argue with them but to provide the proof.

It was one heck of a run, I'll give you that much. Good job!

nobandwagonhere
08-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Are we all serious here?:help: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

j-rod
08-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Just for the record, the ''old'' f-55's are about 3 tenths of a second slower, because they are about 10 durometer points harder than the ''new'' 1055 tires. I just wanted to clear that up. I dont know who was or wasn't using f-55's, but if someone was on them and was that fast, it would be amazing.

Turbo
08-21-2007, 07:55 AM
That car was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a car that hardly races anymore to come through that field was amazing!! And had the old f-55 tires, which are 10 points harder! Definitely put on a show out there.

Charlie's Angel
08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know anything about tires. But I do know that it was a very exciting race to watch. The end of the race had us all on our feet. Too bad for the DQ but really great racing!

Jaws
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Great job Kenny.

Put on some "Official" tires, go win a race and stick it to the man!!!:)

jemalfano
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
It was the run of the night with Alfano,NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!! In his wife's eyes he won.
Julie

Rubbin&Racin
08-21-2007, 04:53 PM
:applause: Good for you Julie and so you should feel this way and be proud of the way he ran, no one should take this away from you. Kenny is a winner on August 18th for a lot of people that saw him drive, and come from where he did, so my hat is off to you both. As for the tires, I still don't think it's fair, they did pass post race tech. With all that is going on at the track and car counts so down, you think Riverhead would have said, "Wow look at this guy drive, he came from the back." No, instead they take the win away from him, and let me tell ya that Kenny made quite the impression on a lot of people that night, and this would have been wonderful publicity for the track. But no, to take the win away from him because of the tires, when maybe Riverhead is just upset because he didn't spend the money for new tires, and he could win and show everyone that you can win on old tires. Whatever everyone's opinion is on this, in my eyes and a few other people's, this was Kenny Alfano's night, this was his win to share with his family and sponsors. Kenny, all I can say is don't pack it in and not Race at Riverhead, you hold your head high and show them what ya got. 14 Late Models, 12 Late Models, if Riverhead keeps this up, soon there will be No Late Models. Remember when the field was full of Late Models? Not any more, and that's a shame.

:)

rae234
08-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Nothing for nothing he did put on a great show.He ruffed a couple of people up but thats short track racing .He never dumped anyone and everyone keep there cool.Too bad he got dq'd.Definatly the run of the night.

Fast cars pass...not dump people!

nobandwagonhere
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Just wondering...why didn't he time trial?

Turbo
08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Fast cars pass...not dump people!

Cars that don't pass tech after the race for unapproved tires sure can pass cars easily. :rolleyes:

rae234
08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
No one is going to tell me he didn't dump anyone on his "great run" to the front! What about the 34 car? He nailed him! Never tried to pass!

Turbo
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I did see something happen out of turn 2 with a few laps to go.

rae234
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Glad someone else was watching the same race.

RacinRob
08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Did the 34 car spin out? NO, bump and run...last time I checked, the bump and run is a signature SHORT track move? Guess you guys wanted him to sling shot past him in the draft at Riverhead Raceway.

rae234
08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
That was no BUMP! The 34's rear wheels came off the ground, and yes, he did spin into the infield..however he saved it..not sure how.....he was blasted!

Rubbin&Racin
08-26-2007, 05:53 PM
:) Kenny, nice to read that you ran last night and started 12th and finished 4th. We were hoping you'd run and show them what ya got, keep it up, and you're gonna get that win you deserve. Hey remember the night years ago you flipped it and came back what, 2 weeks later and won? You have it in ya, so drive it like ya stole it and don't look back. Short track racing, Bump and Run, they did plenty of that at Bristol, Tn last night.;)

W. J.
08-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Very nice run for Kenny last night. He did it on tires he bought, in part, from former Riverhead Late Model standout Mike Mortimer, who has no further need for the tires, as he now runs elsewhere.
Starting 12th in a 14 car race, and finishing 4th is quite an accomplishment, especially the way that race turned out. Only Jack Orlando gained more positions than Kenny.

Turbo
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
WJ , I seen him on sticker tires in practice ready to go out one of those times, were those tires bought brand new from the great late model drivers or did he buy a brand new set from the tire shed? He did run great, good job on the finish, not taking one thing away from the guy because he did one hell of a job with the finish!!! great run! :applause:

W. J.
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Those were stickers he bought from former Riverhead Late Model competitor Mighty Mike Mortimer, and current competitor, Roger Oxee.

Rubbin&Racin
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
:applause: KUDOS to Mighty Mike and Roger Oxee for helping Kenny out, what great guys you are, this is why we love our Late Model Family and our Racing Family. What a nice thing to do...thanks guys. Mighty Mike you know we miss ya and we wish ya never left, best of luck to ya, a real class guy and lots of fans that love ya. Kenny keep racing! Love y'all.
:wave: :)

W. J.
08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I've been reminded of one thing I forgot to mention. We have pictorial proof of the tires Ken used in last nights race, compliments of Mike Mercurio, our Jam photographer. Check out his photo array from this weeks show.