PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to the Classic

gomodsgo
08-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok folks....... I'm making my first trip to Oswego, and it just so happens to be on Classic weekend.

Lets have some good, bad, and ugly stories so I can be ready for it.

gmg

Howie
08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
The cars are kinda small (no bodies), they go very, very fast and the wings are missing so you won't be able to tell who is who. (The car leading the feature is probably Chris Perley). The supers sure are fun to watch though. :applause:

CynthiaTork
08-23-2007, 08:01 AM
The unwinged cars on Sunday, have bigger bodies & tail sections than the winged cars of ISMA

Jaws
08-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Oswego is one fast track. If you sit on the coverd front stretch, bring ear plugs, its loud.

School is started at Oswego state so the town is jumping plus the thousands for the race weekend.

Plus the wether is still warm.

If its the same as years ago you can pay extra (?) and watch the races from the infield which can be fun.

Have a great time.

Tooner
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
You gotta have an Oswego hot dog.... and stay out of the bar outside the first turn unless you have bail money, (just kidding).

Bring ear plugs if you sit under the covered grandstands.

uticamike
08-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Bring your bowling shoes. Stop by the Mod #14 pit and say hello to Uticamike.

gomodsgo
08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
um.... I don't bowl. Can I bring cookies and stop by and say HI?

Groundpounder
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
The backstretch stands will be open all weekend, right? I f&*^ing HATE the frontstretch stands there. There really isn't a whole lot I like about the place other than the actual racing (which usually kicks @$$). Since the new management took over a few years ago, it's become one of the most fan-unfriendly places I've ever been to.

The only other time I ever went to the Classic, Tim Snyder won his 1st ever Supermod race. Hopefully this year will be as good as that one.

GP

WillyKJr
08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Oswego and The Classic are an experience. The kind that makes you want to go back. The area is buzzing, the track is definitely sketchy but full of nostalgia and the racing is always good. Don't just go and park your butt in the stands for two days. Take it all in. The fans are great, the atmosphere is great, the weather is going to be great and you can enjoy that joint in many ways.

gomodsgo
08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I have a couple of great "tour" guides..... gp and torkie I am sure will take great care that I get it all in.

I really can't wait!!!

Howie I'll catch up with you at Thompson.... I got something for you.

gmg

gomodsgo
08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Was just told that Mike Ordway will be shoeing a car for the ISMA show and the show on Sunday.

WOO HOO!!!!

uticamike
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks GP and GMG for stopping by our pit to say hello. Since our race went
sour(blown lower rad hose) Linda's cookies were the high light of the night.
Hope you guys enjoyed Classic weekend. We're going to Thompson and can't
wait............for the racing?? naw...............more cookies.

gomodsgo
09-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey Uticamike.... Thanks for the hospitality... it was great to meet you and look forward to see you and the 14 crew at Thompson.

Don't tell gp, but I'll bring some more cookies!!!

Have a great week, and see ya on MY modified Mania Show. LOL

Howie
09-04-2007, 08:44 AM
"COOKIES?? ME WANT COOKIES!!"

gomodsgo
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Hey howie... you want cookies too? LOL Guess you better find the 14 RoC car..... cause I'm not going to be able to sneak cookies past mary. LOL

CynthiaTork
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
That was a nice rookie stripe gomodsgo was wearing during the Classic on Sunday. Wait till she learns of the sophmore initiation!

gomodsgo
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
huh... I believe it was gp's second trip to Oswego, and he had no sophomore initiation..... so, bring it, I'm ready! lol

uticamike
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM
GMG, make sure GP watches the Sunoco Mods and if he doesn't behave make
him watch the Tommy Mods too. That'll keep him in line.

gomodsgo
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Now that is funny stuff right there. :applause: :applause:

Groundpounder
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Mike, there ain't no way in Hades that I'm watching no stinkin' "sunoco mod" race. period. I think I will watch the TIS mods out of curiosity tho.

Howie
09-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Mike, there ain't no way in Hades that I'm watching no stinkin' "sunoco mod" race. period. I think I will watch the TIS mods out of curiosity tho.

And now we know the answer to "What Would Richie Do?"...LOL :wave:

uticamike
09-06-2007, 11:58 PM
The Sunoco Mods put on a great show last year. I'll watch em for ya.
Mods at Tommy, cold beer and chocolate chip cookies. Nirvana!!!