PDA

View Full Version : Modifieds are not in Nascar 08 on the 360 and PS3.

btgoss
08-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Hello All,

Not major news I know. However, if any of you had planned on picking up the newest release of EA's Nascar 08 racing game for the next generation game consoles, please be aware that the Modifieds are NOT included in the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of this game.

If you want to race on the Whelen Modified tour you will have to purchase the PS2 version of the game.

I actually buy this game, it is not a sim by any stretch, but it is fun and I was hoping the modifieds would have been included in the 360 version. It is too bad they are not, they had started to really get the look and feel of the cars down on last years version, and the new power from the 360 might have really made this a "must have" game. But the HD gaming goodness is not going to happen. Sure the game still includes the three main Nascar series, but again, our favorite red-headed step-child is kicked to the curb.

You add that to Cablevision not having HDNet, so all of us cable subscribers miss seeing the Tour LIVE and in HD from Ohio this weekend, AND the Old Timers day being canceled... well it has been a banner day for b*tching.

Jaws
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello All,

Not major news I know. However, if any of you had planned on picking up the newest release of EA's Nascar 08 racing game for the next generation game consoles, please be aware that the Modifieds are NOT included in the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of this game.

If you want to race on the Whelen Modified tour you will have to purchase the PS2 version of the game.

I actually buy this game, it is not a sim by any stretch, but it is fun and I was hoping the modifieds would have been included in the 360 version. It is too bad they are not, they had started to really get the look and feel of the cars down on last years version, and the new power from the 360 might have really made this a "must have" game. But the HD gaming goodness is not going to happen. Sure the game still includes the three main Nascar series, but again, our favorite red-headed step-child is kicked to the curb.

You add that to Cablevision not having HDNet, so all of us cable subscribers miss seeing the Tour LIVE and in HD from Ohio this weekend, AND the Old Timers day being canceled... well it has been a banner day for b*tching.

THe game stinks without the mods IMO..

Fios customers have HD net.

LennyCosta46
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
I have the game for PS3 and think it is really good, even without mods. And HAHA, I get HDNet by me!!!

Ka$h25
08-25-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm just glad there is finally a nextgen version. Real bummer about the mods though.

btgoss
08-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Damn your eyes Mr. Costa.... I say DAMN your eyes...

Seriously, tho, did you get a wheel for the game as well?

I am thinking about getting Forza 2 and a wheel for the 360 as my next game purchase...

tstiles
08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I bought the wheel for my computer. Does anyone know where I could sim with local racers? This wheel is collecting dust. lol Thanx in advance.

N.Y. racing
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Forza 2 is the best online game out there for any system.

Picked nascar up for PS2 so I could play 2 player, I got to say this game sucks should have bought it for 360 I guess, How are the graphics in the 360 version ???

Kamikaze.
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Yea i think both the Forza Series and the Gran Turismo series are the two best.

I am not surprised that they did not include mods in the game, but i figured they would have left them out of the PS2 version as well, but i see now that that is not the case. Nascar 2005 is the most recent game i own for PS2 and the mods are modeled decent although they look very fake, as well as having numbers like 120 and 180. I think its ridiculous that they couldn't just get a list of drivers from the tour and model their cars from pics of the most recent races. I know its hard for them to model mods because there are so many throughout the US but to do the majority of the contenders of the tour would have beens satisfying. But ah well, maybe someone should email EA games and tell them to rethink leaving the mods out.

Ka$h25
08-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Its also much easier to generate random models using pre-made templates and numbers. To recreate each drivers cars would actually take weeks, even months. I think it would be worth it to us but they already take enough heat for releasing the games in mid summer so I'm sure delaying it even more is on the bottom of their "things-to-do" list.

ECT-Outlaw
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
NR2003 is strong and at www.eastcoastthunder.com will be running the Mods soon...

EA GAMES ARE FOR KIDS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kamikaze.
08-27-2007, 07:06 PM
And ive always found that Sierra games are more realistic in handling then the EA game series. EA games are more of games you play for the fun of it while people who race N2003 run it for the enjoyment of nascar.