PDA

View Full Version : Old Timer's Day 2007 @ The Himes Museum

EDGEnterprises
08-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Hello Everyone.

Old Timer's Day 2007 has been canceled at Riverhead Raceway due to the lack of interest of the Cromartys.

At this point, Marty Himes, of the Himes Museum,chas invited each and everyone of you to the Museum Sunday, August 26th, 2007 @ 10am. There will be a meet and greet of the Old Timer's, Diecasts/Toys For Sale, and You Can Browse the Museum.

An alternate venue is being put in place at this point. We will inform each and everyone who attends the OTD @ the Museum on Sunday. We look foward to seeing you all there... Rain or Shine.

You can find the directions @ www.thehimesmuseum.com or you can call Marty at the Museum @ 631-666-4912.

Thank You for your continued support... And Let's Keeping The Memory of Racing Alive!:)

hollywoodmic
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
"Lack of interest of the Cromartys" just can't let it go Bryan. You couldn't just get on here and invite everyone out to Grandpa's house for a great day. No, you have to get your dig in. Just let it go, and try to be a little more mature, more people may be interested in your venue if you didn't continue to come on here and try to make yourself heard, everyone got the point in every one of your posts, the Cromartys are the "devil", in your eyes. Perhaps with the donations you can buy your own racetrack instead of complaining about theirs where they let you have OTD for free the last 6 years. Good luck on Sunday and with the future of OTD, I hope it all works out because Marty deserves it too.

I couldn't help myself, trying to look back through old posts of yours. The JAM has been around for 5 years, yet I couldn't find one Thank You post from the Himes Museum, for giving you the use of Riverhead Raceway to keep "Racing History Alive." Bryan, if you can find those Thank You posts from you guys, I'd love to see them, at that point I'll apologize. If there weren't any, remember it's a two way street. Again, I love OTD, and I wish you luck, but sometimes you have to look in the mirror.

EDGEnterprises
08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Those Thank You Posts were on the Orginal JAM Board from OTD back in 1999, 2000 & 2001... We were always thanking the Cromarty's year to year, and continued to thank them for all they did for us. At this point, there are no Thank You's needed...

Old Timer's Day will go on... And we'll try to make it bigger and better! Thanks for your support through the years.

hollywoodmic
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
JA or WJ see if you can find them so we can see the public Thank You. If your going to bash them publicly, you should Thank them publicly. I for one would love to see that. Again good luck Sunday.

allhailunc
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
And I'm called childish?:lol:

SuperShafts
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Hollywood careful with that wall

hollywoodmic
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Unc, is that directed at me, if so don't be so vague. Say what you're feeling. I'm a big boy, I can take anything you have to offer, it's your opinion.

Shafts I'm a little confused, what wall??

allhailunc
08-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Directed at no-one yet directed at everyone. Everyone involved, you included, have their opinion. Bryan said what he felt and so did you. It's just amazing that in many many cases that which is actually "petty" in nature becomes so full blown that it cannot be handled without bad feelings. Hollywood, I have always respected your views, whether or not agreed upon, as have you with mine, and I can truly appreciate it. At times I have not agreed with things that Bryan has posted in the past, as have many many others on this board, yet I think Brian is coming from the heart with what he has had to say and I have to respect that, too. It is truly a shame that pettiness gets in between freinds and drives them apart (boy do I know that all too well. :lol: )

RGeeProductions
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
is truly a shame that pettiness gets in between freinds and drives them apart(boy do i know that all too well:lol: )

And I know this ALL TOO WELL too.........

allhailunc
08-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Yes you do, RGEE, and I know that which has transpired cannot be brought back, for that I apologize.;)

Charlie's Angel
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I think you are all great guys and are very passionate in your views about the Cromarty's and the track. I understand why Bryan is so upset. As I also understand what Steve is saying as well. We all love the people when things are good and going our way, and not so happy with them when things aren't going the way we want it to. Just the same as we are with God at certain times in our lives.

Perhaps in time, when things calm down and the Himes family find a new place to hold their OTD, they won't be as angry. It's just human nature to feel the way they do. We've all been there before!

As for the Cromarty's, I also understand where they are coming from with the business end of it, as I, too, run a business. I'm sure they love racing as much Marty Himes does. It's not a matter of their lack of interest as it is the money coming into the track, or lack of money in this case. I'm sure it takes money to run electric, pay employees, run water, etc.

I do hope that Sunday's event at Himes Museum goes off wonderfully for all involved.

hollywoodmic
08-24-2007, 02:23 PM
All I was trying to say was Bryan could've come on here and been the bigger person. He could have written his post and said all the right things. Instead?? That was my point. I understand he's cut and bleeding, but I got that from his previous 10 posts. OK now I need to move on, otherwise I'm just as bad. Good luck to Marty and his family. If I've learned one thing in life never burn any bridges, you never know when you may need Riverhead Raceway.

Unc good reply, cute though how you bring up "petty" issues. lol.

LongIslandJam
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Thread closed.

This is getting into stuff far away from topic.

PS: The forum posts that we have on record only go back to 2005.