PDA

View Full Version : Delange Young Guns Return To Lancaster

RGeeProductions
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
This Saturday night the DeLange Racing Modifieds will return to Lancaster Raceway Park for a 50-lap feature. The Young Guns are eager to race at their home track. Erick Rudolph of Ransomville finished sixth at Lancaster on August 4 in the #45 Original Pizza Logs Modified. Bobby Holmes of Lockport made his last start at Lancaster on July 7 in a 75-lap Race of Champions Modified Tour North Region event, finishing 12th. Rudolph will be doing double duty on Saturday, also racing in the SST Sportsman division.

Last Saturday night Rudolph competed at Lancaster in the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman. Starting seventh in the 20-lap feature, he had moved up to third at the halfway mark, right behind the race leaders. Contact between the two cars in front of him on lap 11 dropped him back to fifth. He raced his way back to third without the help of a caution flag but ran out of laps.

“We were right behind the leaders when trouble struck,” Rudolph explained. “A couple of cars jingled up in front of me and I had back off. It’s only a 20-lap race so it’s hard to recover from something like that. I needed a caution to catch back up and I didn’t get one. I had to use up all the time remaining just to catch the leaders. I think I was about a full straightaway behind after it happened and got it back down to five car lengths at the end. I’m not disappointed with tonight, but it’s been awhile since I’ve won a race here and we need one. I’ll have two chances this week.”

The next Race of Champions Modified Tour start for the Young Guns will be a 125-lap North Region event at Oswego Speedway on Saturday, September 1. This will be an important race for the DeLange drivers, with Rudolph currently tied for the North Region point lead with Pete Brittain and Holmes just 31 points back in fourth. After that the DeLange Racing team will focus on preparations for the 57th Annual Race of Champions at Oswego Speedway on September 22. The 2007 racing season is closing in on the finish line and each remaining event takes on added importance.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing