PDA

View Full Version : Truck Race at Mountain - Oct. 20

Lad3der
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
On Saturday, October 20th, Mountain Speedway will be hosting a truck race in conjuction with the Nelma race held that day. Here is a little bit out of the Nelma press release...

In addition to the 100-lap Late Model capstone event, Mountain Speedway will feature a 75-lap Street Stock Showdown and a Pro Truck Challenge. The Street Stock Showdown will feature Street Stocks from throughout the Northeast, battling for $1,000 to win. The Pro Trucks will consist of pick-ups featured at tracks such as Lake Erie Speedway, Riverhead Raceway, Wall Township Speedway and series such as the All Star Trucks and the Pro Truck Tour.

Stay tuned for more info on the event. I hope that we all can attend and make it a fun race. Plus, it gives you a chance of racing outside of Riverhead.

wayne
08-24-2007, 05:09 AM
We'll be there!!

W. J.
08-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I think any of you who go will be glad you did. Last year, 5 trucks ran the race, and it would be great to see more, as this is a nice track to race at. Ask your fellow LM drivers, I'm sure they will tell you the same.

tstiles
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Is it a fact that the other venues let their trucks have bigger power and less weight compared to Riverhead's trucks ? Anyone know for sure?

W. J.
08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
The problem,Terry, is that there are a few different types of trucks running. Though all look alike on the surface, once you get underneath and inside, the differences are many, with weight and HP being primary.
This is also true of 'Late Models', but for NELMA, the rules are written in such a way as to allow anything from a Riverhead Charger to a Mountain Late Model be competitive for the purpose of the race, with minor changes to try and 'even thing up'.

LongIslandJam
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
And WJ, following that philosophy, the same will be applied to trucks.

The Bullfather
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Kinda of an outlaw series that is run during the World Series of Racing at Thompson.

LongIslandJam
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Yes, very similar.

wayne
08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I personally don't care, as long as I'm racing somewhere, and somewhat competitive. I'd still like to get one of our rain out dates back!!

W. J.
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
LOL, gee Wayne, how do you make it through the Winter, LOL???

Lad3der
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I will be there racing this time, not like last year, where I sent my truck and had a fill-in driver because the fiance had to plan our engagement party the day of the race. So no worries, let's hope for more than 12 trucks that they had from last year. (Riverhead, Wall, ARTS trucks where all there.)

wayne
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Ask my neighbors.lol

badone07
08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Is there going to be a trophy and proper feature/event winning sticker this year? :wave:

edit... bah, nevermind. :lol:

W. J.
08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Ask my neighbors.lol
I get it. Depending on the weather, you race a leaf-vac or a sno-blower, right, LOL???

TBR 42
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
All the Trucks from TEDDY BEAR RACING, 5 Sr. 42 Jr. and The rookie 95 Erin will be making the trip to Mountain for this year's race.

LEAD LAP
08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Wait a second. Haven't some people written of Mountain Speedway as a waste of our (the Riverhead teams) time ?
I'm referring to Rob Bader's post a while back, 'Adios Mountain'.
Has anything about the way the place is run changed ?
If the racing was going to be legit, then it may be worth the trip. But it would be a waste of time to experience the same nonsense that they went through.
Perhaps, Rob, you can fill in the Riverhead Teams as to what to expect.

Thanks.

RacinRob
08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Just to clarify, that was pertaining to their enduro division and not the normal Saturday night divisions. I was at King Of The Mountain last year and I have to say it was a crisply run event with nice people. I HIGHLY recommend making the trip I raced @ Mountain a handful of times and had a blast....awesome track to race on, with lots of racing room.

wayne
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, it's definitely a cool place to run at!!

furdogg
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I think it would be a good idea if they had a Charger race too. They keep inviting us to run with the Late Models, but that's kinda like spittin' in the wind.

W. J.
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
The Chargers are invitied to particpate in the NELMA race, so the idea that they would run separately isn't going to happen. It would mean inviting similar cars from other tracks, also, and they or you would still have to make changes to conform to a set of rules set up to try and make it fair for all. The changes necessary for a Charger to compete are really not much different from the "Funkamster Flash" race held a few years ago at Waterford, and some very competitive (modified) Chargers made some good showings that day. Ask Chris Turbush and Rob Tribuzio if you need to know more about how that went.

LongIslandJam
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Also to note, Jim Yamelski won in the Late Models with a Charger-like car a few months ago.

badone07
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
For the most part, the trip out this way might be worth it, if the purse/winnings were on par with the Street Stocks & Late Models. Or even enduro cars. :rolleyes: Sorry, but exchanging "Thriller" (less than $200 winner)winnings for all the appearance expenses is a losing cause. Apparently there is even less available than last years. Also no evening before, practice session. Don't know for sure exactly what WE will be doing yet, but good luck to whoever attends. Maybe been to Mountain twice this season. Nice place to race, but I've spent my weekends driving from here to Riverhead just about all season.

LongIslandJam
08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
The evening practice was sacrificed for a full Saturday. It was felt that if the show started later, there would be more people in the stands and thus a better chance of getting you guys some recognition and maybe some sponsors.

In the morning, it is tentatively scheduled to have plenty of practice for Late Models, as well as Trucks and Street Stocks.

intense1
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Badone07,
I spoke to Danny yesterday and explained to him, that if a sponsor could be had, the purse would increase. I am sure J.A. will agree with that. I also know what the trucks race for now($$$) at R'head.
There is no entry fee, like there is for the LM and SS race that day.
As for the Friday nite practice, last year, it didn't pay to open the gates and on top of that, teams can do the trip the same day and not have to add the expense of lodging.
My suggestion is to come and have a good time...If you are racing for the money, you may want to look for something else to do.

LEAD LAP
08-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks, Rob. I know it happened to you guys in the Enduro's, but I though it was typical for all the divisions.
We'll try to make it, $$ permitting. The fact that there's no entry fee is a plus.
I guess they still use transponders for scoring, right? That's something I'm sure we'll have to rent from the track.
Anything else that we have to prepare for, rules-wise, or can we run the way we're currently set up? (We know about the rear end gearing).

Lad3der
08-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I believe we can run the way we are now with our rules from Riverhead, except the rear gears. Yes they do use transponders for scoring. I hope you can make it. From the talk about it, it looks like a good turn out.

badone07
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks JA & Mike. :) I gave Danny the number but we both had running around to do and never finished the discussion. Could've been an early trick or treat, since there was only mention of the "local" street stocks purse. Especially when tires have to be bought in advance besides other things. He can decide on his own, now that he knows what the deal is, or anyone else for that matter. No forseen surprises. Since I won't be racing for money myself, it'll be a toss up between the 50/50 and Numidia. Thanks again. :)

BTW... Happy Birthday Mike.