PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Motor Speedway.

Teds Race Tours
08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I know, I know, taxi cabs. But, for those of you who aren't going to Mansfield HAVE to watch the Bristol race tonight. Not because its Cup and Not Because its Bristol, but because of what they did to the track. They completely tipped up the old concrete and put down new concrete. Its about 3 feet wider than the old, and I believe it has some progressive banking to it. The Busch race last night was one of the BEST RACES I have EVER seen. You know the old saying about buying the whole seat, but only using the edge? That was me last night. They were racing 3 wide at Bristol. There was even one time they were 4 wide with the top 3 cars and one lapped car fighting for the lead. If they can make Bristol a 2 and a 1/2 groove track, they can make any track that good. Now is the time for a Modified race at BMS since it now looks to be a Great Racing surface. Check it out for yourself tonight, you won't believe what you see.

Bonestock
08-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm with you.
On the bus.

Precision Auto
08-25-2007, 01:17 PM
TBax: Norm and I also watched the Busch race and it was "by the seat of your pants" racing at times.

Can't wait for tonight..........:applause:

Linda

Teds Race Tours
08-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Bonestock. I'm glad you are on the bus. I'd hate for you to have to run along side of it.

Linda. The best Busch race I have ever seen. The Cup Race wasn't as good, but only because the 9 + 99 stunk up the show. The passing and side by side racing from 6th on back was tremendous. Bruton did a great job make his popular track even more fan friendly.