PDA

View Full Version : Retiring or scared?

SuperShafts
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I think the return of jeep has them nervous...

I gotta find out what happened with Don too...

He was supposed to talk with them last night..

W. J.
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I asked Jim Maggio about the 'rumor' of Don being banned. It is just that, a rumor, there is NO ban. His absence last night was self imposed, so let's not get going something that's unfounded.

RGeeProductions
08-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I think the return of jeep has them nervous...

And I was wondering who is getting nervous?

SuperShafts
08-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Don said he was going to go and speak with them, he had told me he was screamed at and told not to return anymore...by the official that approached him last week at the track during the incident...I doubt he made it up, especially that he called me twice in a week asking if he should show up or not...
I told him to at least call and see what they say before taking 1 person's call as the ultimate answer....

Anxious here, definitely not nervous...

W. J.
08-26-2007, 03:58 PM
I told him to at least call and see what they say before taking 1 person's call as the ultimate answer....

Which is why I took the initiative and spoke to Jim Maggio directly, got his answer, and posted it here. End of story.

SuperShafts
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I'll make sure he knows about it WJ, thanks kid

SuperShafts
08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Don say's he'll be back this week...... aaaannnnnndddd he doesn't want tommy (vette) to put the car in storage...

Don said he wants to race the vette... Without it losing control and using his birds front fender as traction to keep him from losing it for it to win...

tstiles
08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Is it true that every time Don gets challenged by another spectator, that contact is made from him with the person who is opening the can of woop a$$ on him?? That's what it appears to look like.

P.S My money is on Tommy W. ( all motor, no juice) and I'm sure he will come right out of retirement if need be. lol

SuperShafts
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll bet.....I've got $50 the Jeep wins against both...

Actually I said I'll spank them with my Jeep....

Then Don stopped in the shop and said come on down....

So I guess you may be onto something...

I'll take Don vs the 'Vette

tstiles
08-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I will take the action on the 'Vette vs. the multi-colored Pontiac any day of the week. lol

SuperShafts
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
We've got a friendly $25 on the 'Bird vs. the 'Vette.

racinroc49
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Why should that Firebird be allowed to race regular street cars? Are you people in the stands too drunk to see his tires? Those tires are not street legal and neither is the nitrous he has being pumped into his motor..... just a couple points I thought spectator drags is for the sportsman who wants to take their street car on the track and have fun, not when (censored) set up their car to beat every other car out there ........ all this is beside the point of he's the only one to make contact with anyone??? Anyone got an answer?

SuperShafts
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Well the tires might be a sore spot...but they are DOT approved...You can buy some too..

I use them on my cars, not the Jeep though..

You can use n2o on the street to also, everyone does.. Who knows who has it or doesn't have it, and if that is even true?

Nothing stopping anyone else from doing it....the 'Vette isn't factory stock..and isn't even running DOT tires...how come no complaints on that...

Just leave it alone, otherwise I have no reason to come out and try....

Besides, I'm not complaining, had a few 2nds and I'm not complaining...

As for the contact issues...Don has never pinched me down, never touched me... I don't pinch anyone down or use the side of there car to make the corner..

The subaru incident was a clear pinch you down move and he lost it and rather then chase the car up he kept it pointed down to keep Don from passing...if you can't, you can't, don't block....in doing that his rear came around and he ran into Don.....

SuperShafts
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I've got a question....

Are you the IROC that was beaten by the red bird?

art11758
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a question too. Anyone know why the Ford pickup that won the first pair out didn't come back? You know which one I'm talking about full bed extended cab with that kickin' powerstroke diesel in it.

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Some of the truck guy's don't like playing with the cars do to lack of visability.. That's what 1 of the truck guy's said anyway...

I could understand that issue having a CC myself...if I knew I could run the jeep and the CC if they'll let me...run back and get the truck in...lol talk about doin double duty.

racinroc49
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes, the 'Vette is not legal and you heard it yourself. The Wild Child said, "I'm not racing this out here anymore to give other people with real street cars a chance".
I want to see Don do a run on regular street tires..... then it'd be fair racing. That's all I ask, one run on regular tires.

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
You can use the same tires the red bird does...or even BFG radial sneakers..

I want a shot at the vette with the slicks on... I do not believe that statement.... "I want to give someone else a chance to win"
So then when he beat Don, why didn't he park... What chance did anyone else have... Oh what was that, 2nd again, but this time it wasn't a red bird in the checkers..

Bring the 'Vette with the sneakers on, I'll take the chance on it.

W. J.
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I found that truck thing to be a curious, too. My thought was they just wanted to race each other, and that was that. Maybe someone knows the real story. If so, please let us know.

art11758
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
IIRC the guy with the green pontiac years ago had hoosier street tires which made him untouchable at that time. Y'know how it goes, if ya really wanna win, you do what'cha gotta do. No regrets that way.

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
He still has Hoosiers on that Pontiac.

Yeah, if you really wanna win, you can use other tires....

I understand racinroc's.... frustration maybe.... think of the win without the sneakers...all the more fun.

tstiles
09-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Mr. Shaft, I have a msg directly from Wild Child. Hhe says "He hopes your car isn't as fast as your mouth... and would you be willing to do it for pinks? ( let um hang ) in front of the whole Saturday night crowd?" ...... the 'Vette was absolutely retired. And just remember rubbing is racing. From Tommy W.

QUOTE=SuperShafts;86279]You can use the same tires the red bird does...or even BFG radial sneakers..

I want a shot at the vette with the slicks on... I do not believe that statement.... "I want to give someone else a chance to win"
So then when he beat Don, why didn't he park... What chance did anyone else have... Oh what was that, 2nd again, but this time it wasn't a red bird in the checkers..

Bring the 'Vette with the sneakers on, I'll take the chance on it.[/QUOTE]

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Im not backing out, but I don't run for pinks since anything can break at any time and cause an upset that normally wouldn't be...and with my charging system as quirky as it is i'll leave pinks out of it.

If you can't race me without contact....that's sad

I raced Don and were always close and he is close with Don...so it'll be close...but i have 2 eyes that work clearly and i don't need to rub, hit, bash, jump the strip and use the side of a car to pass...

If he can do the same, money is always an option i like to use as a interest increaser.

So if he accepts we can negotiate

tstiles
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Mr Shaft, I spoke to Tommy... he said he does not need your money.
Im not backing out, but I don't run for pinks since anything can break at any time and cause an upset that normally wouldn't be...and with my charging system as quirky as it is i'll leave pinks out of it.

If you can't race me without contact....that's sad

I raced Don and were always close and he is close with Don...so it'll be close...but i have 2 eyes that work clearly and i don't need to rub, hit, bash, jump the strip and use the side of a car to pass...

If he can do the same, money is always an option i like to use as a interest increaser.

So if he accepts we can negotiate

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Ok..so then it's a grudge match?

the Jeep vs the vette...

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Mr. Shaft, I spoke to Tommy... he said he does not need your money.

You can stand in for him....

tstiles
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Don't kill the messenger.

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I'll tell you what, you can run your enduro truck

The # 4 truck vs the Jeep

no contact

tstiles
09-18-2007, 03:32 PM
if you can get it to happen, i will do it . How much?
I'll tell you what, you can run your enduro truck

The # 4 truck vs the Jeep

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 03:35 PM
WJ or JA...

Can we have such a grudge match for the 1st run or last run after the spec drags final...

What are you looking for tstiles $25, 50?

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
We need a track rental day.. yeah I know, they already told me no...

Someone work on them with that, all that time closed till next year....

RGeeProductions
09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Maybe, since you have so much time for this, go to Riverhead Town's website and look up the racetrack code. Yes, there is a separate code for race tracks. It may answer some questions for you.

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow you guy's really dropped the ball in 1987 to let them get away with that bs....

I guess i got a new problem to fight if we get lucky tomorrow.

A measly 28 days for the prime months....

So then from october thru march it's every day then...between 11am and 10:45 pm

So now see if i can get track rental days within oct thru march...and ask them how much

W. J.
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Nothing against anyone posting here, or the subject, but this has deteriorated into what should be PM's, and I'm closing it.