PDA

View Full Version : Leader Dumped Nothing Happens?

bulldozer
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I know the 10 has had his fair share of bad luck and unfortunate spin outs. The 10 complained and brake checked Doug Wholey after Doug accidently spun him for the lead. They left Doug in his spot, just like Scott this week. But Scott was the first one to yell, curse, and put down Doug.. The 50 lapper comes and he spins Doug Wholey out on purpose because of what happened the week before, bending Doug's front clip. I asked Scott afterwards and he tells me he did it on purpose for the week before when Doug accidently spun him. What would've happened if Doug got hurt? You really gotta stop and think about what you do on the track. Now this week Scott spins the leader out and it's ok? I didn't hear you this week Scott. Now if Rob is thinking like you, he would wreck you on purpose right? I hope not, I think Rob is better than that.. If you didn't spin Doug out on purpose last week, I might think this week was an accident, but after last week, who knows? Enjoy your win. :disgusted

Jeff T
08-26-2007, 11:55 PM
It seems as if the precident has been set by the officials when Doug spun Scott and was allowed to keep the win. I guess it's up to the officials to change the current ruling.

Golf Guy
08-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Chris you keep using the word "accident" when Doug spun Scott. My guess is Scott didn't think it was an accident?

tstiles
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The day the 10 got spun by Doug, Scott was pushing like a dump truck in every corner. Doug waited many laps, giving many love taps before the contact. Doug, as well as the top 3, were all faster than the 10 that day. And the 10 was holding the field up. It was a no brainer, Scott was going to the back that day. He didn't have the best car that day.
On another note, none of you race for a paycheck, we all have to go to work on Monday. Would you want to be the one to take a child's father from him by wrecking him because of what happened a week ago? Come on. Don't forget.... you could kill someone with that car.

bulldozer
08-27-2007, 02:29 PM
That is the problem with some of the calls at Riverhead. I'm not saying the officals are doing a bad job, but they have to know when it's a racing accident or on purpose. What happened Saturday was probably a racing accident, but after the 10 intentionally takes Doug out the week before, it makes him look bad. I got taken out the week before and got hit head on. They keep the 47 in his spot, which is fine, because I don't think he did it on purpose. But what I'm saying is when I race this week, should I take out the 47 because he cost me money in damages, or should I be a real man and just whup the crap out of everyone and win the race? I'm going to win the race. I'm not trying to repay the favor to the 47. Just like when the 14 spun Doug, it was a accident and I don't think he should've been sent to the rear. That's my point, the officals make one call to the 14 and not to the 98 or the 10. Same thing with the 6 mod and the 44 mod. The 44 gets loose off the turn and the 6 taps him, in my eyes not on purpose. It was just a bad deal for both of them. Then the 15 gets together with Andrews and nothing happens to the 15. We really need a race car driver like Robin Vollmoeller or Frank Saladino helping make some of these calls. They know when it's a racing accident or on purpose. I would say 95% of the spins aren't on purpose, just short track racing. The other 5% you can tell when they take someone out. 81

Golf Guy
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Chris I 100% agree with you. I don't have the answers but as a race fan and sponsor I think like you said we need some. Can't remember a season, with as much anger amongst the drivers in all division, as this one. On a side note- even though I am in last did you see who had the most points in the stock car challenge this week. Fear the turtle baby!

Turn2Guru
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
The only problem with your officiating idea is, once you put this into the hands as a judment call, the team or teams that the call was made against will cry favoritism, and again be mad and hold grudges. Same deal you have now. What they need is a rule that is solid and unbendable. First off, the officials should have communication with all the drivers. At least one of the team members that has access to the drivers radio should be mandatory to monitor the officials channel. Any call being made for any driver should be heard by every team out there. This way there is no confusion with, "he said, she said." Second, if you are second and touch the leader and he/she spins, you go to the back, no questions asked. If the leader is driving all over the place blocking the track, the officials can now come on the radio with a message to the team for the leader, pick a lane or we will black flag you. Mirror driving as some drivers do is aggresive driving in it's own right. This way the second place team can now alert thier driver who is getting frustrated trying to pass clean, that the officials have warned the leader and he/she should be giving you a lane. Any altercations that look like they could explode at any time can now be shut down by the officials being able to talk to ALL teams at once. This way if a driver is warned and he ignores the warning, every other team out there knows of the warning and then the officials cannot change calls, no one can argue with the officials that they are not doing anything about rough riding. It should work to the advantage of both sides. The Officials will have a lot less "in your face" confrontations with teams demanding what is going on, teams can defuse their upset driver by letting him/her know that something is being done about a bad situation, so no more taking it into your own hands. And last but not least, unless the officials are reviewing a good quality video tape of the race, there will be no reversing of calls and setting people to the back 45 minutes after the checkered flag has flown. If they ever go to a video tape review system to resolve problems with upset teams, you take both drivers involved into the viewing room, and the official and the drivers view the incident in question, see what really happened, not what the teams think happened from the stands. Most of these fights are over things that didn't even happen the way people think they did. I was at Albany Saratoga Speedway a few weeks ago and they had video tape review of a questionable call and when reviewed the wrong call had been made and the second place car that had been black flagged for rough riding was called back out of the pits and returned to second place for the restart. All teams were happy with the call, even the team who were supposedly ruffed up for second place, because they knew it was looked at and that if they still complained that there was video proving that what they think happened didn't. Might just work here, too. Video will also help the girls in scoring if there is a big pile up, the technology is available and not that expensive to get anymore. If you're worried about time for reviewing questioned calls, how about the time we waste with drivers that keep returning to their spots after being told to go to the back? Then stopping three or four times questioning the call. Might just work...

bulldozer
08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I agree, video taping is an awesome way to tell if it was the right call. Maybe one day we will have the technology. I am fearing the turtle. lol

RGeeProductions
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
There already is video taping available.
Capt Video!!!!! All races.
Too simple huh???

modified_fan
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Video taping? I suppose we all can dream. Fixing the scoreboard is beyond the technological capabilities here.

Let's just all try to get along and enjoy what we have while we still have it.

On small tracks........stuff happens. There is not enough real estate on the oval for it not to.

Its just too bad we all can't respect and enjoy each other more.

catfish
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Now, now, the scoreboard probably just got hit again by the weekly lightning bolt from the storm every friday.

Tower Man
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
With all due respect to ALL the officials, I believe part of the problem here is this, other than Smokey and Robin and Elaine, not one official has ever raced or built or owned a race car. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Decisions would be made on fact, past experience and maybe a reflection of what they would have wanted done if they were driving.

Not every accident is on purpose and not every dump or crash is on purpose either. Stuff happens!

The problem is there are no parameters set from the beginning. Now it's up the drivers to hand out the discipline. But when you do and get penalized, as a wise old man used to tell me, "TAKE YOUR MEDICINE AND BE QUIET!"

2-4-6-8