PDA

View Full Version : Legends?

Jaws
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I saw a few pic's of Legends cars at Riverhead Sat. night.

Could the track be ready to let them return, its been a long time and they are perfect for the track.

Why is it they have not raced here in so long?

We used to have 50+ cars based here on LI.

EDGEnterprises
08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Since they are not NASCAR Sanctioned, they were not allowed to race under the NASCAR insurance. They had to bring in their INEX insurance. No idea why they couldn't have kept them their using the two different insurances, or even if that was the main problems...

Probably one of the coolest, interesting divisons the track had. They put on a great show, and brought a large amount of people and the car count was huge.

Hope they would bring them back, haven't seen a Legends race in years!

Golf Guy
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Legends looked awesome. Sat and spoke with many people who would love to see them back.

racing#s
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
They sure were fun to watch, like go-karts in steroids...lol.
I remember #98 ?, McNamara, he kicked butt.

oldracer
08-27-2007, 12:39 PM
The reason they were tossed is because the track wanted Ten Grand from the Long Island Legends Dealer. Either he had to find a sponsor for the division or go in his own pocket for the money. This entitled the dealer to set up in the pits with his parts truck every week. Jack Bagshaw was the first dealer on L.I.,and he swung it with a sponsor.The next guy couldn't do it. Every body was buying cars and parts from Paul Weisel in Pa. by then anyway, including myself. I ran one for six years. The INEX insurance was sufficient at every other track I ran at.

Scotty Wolf
08-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Bring them back, great side by side racing.

racerwife
08-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I spoke briefly with a few of the drivers/crews Saturday night. There are details to be worked out on both sides, but a good possibility in seeing them return in the next year for some shows. Don't know anymore than that, but it would be nice to see them. Those that were there Saturday night had nice looking equipment... more than that, they seem like very nice people.

Jaws
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Since they are not NASCAR Sanctioned, they were not allowed to race under the NASCAR insurance. They had to bring in their INEX insurance. No idea why they couldn't have kept them their using the two different insurances, or even if that was the main problems...

Probably one of the coolest, interesting divisons the track had. They put on a great show, and brought a large amount of people and the car count was huge.

Hope they would bring them back, haven't seen a Legends race in years!

Wall runs them (Nascar), and they have some pretty good races, Riverhead is the perfect track.

unowho243
08-27-2007, 10:18 PM
bring em back!

RickFigure8
08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
They are not Nascar sanctioned, and thus not insured. Back when they ran here, one of the team owners paid the yearly insurance for the division. At some point he decided he had had enough, sold things, and got out of it, and that was the end of the legends at Riverhead.

Rick

CRog00
08-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Even though the Legends were only an exhibition race, I thought it was the best race they had all night. They have great side by side racing and they all run in a pack. No one ran away from anyone. They should definitely bring them back.

Kamikaze.
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Even though the Legends were only an exhibition race, I thought it was the best race they had all night. They have great side by side racing and they all run in a pack. No one ran away from anyone. They should definitely bring them back.

And the drivers are very friendly on the track and will give positions very easily, which lowers the cautions counts, rough riding calls, and provides green flag, side by side racing that is enjoyable to watch. I think that's why I liked the Legend Car division so much, that and the fact that they look like Modifieds from the 50's and 60's.

Dwight Clock
08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I have no reason to doubt anything that has been posted here. However, I paid a visit to Riverhead in '95 and saw the Legends. I was told then that there were far more problems with arguments after the races with them then any other division and that eventually played a part in them leaving. Whether that was true or not I hope they return as they put on a great show everywhere. In addition to Riverhead I have seen them at Wall, Evergreen (now Mountain), Concord N.C., Anderson IN, and Mt. Lawn IN. I love them.:cheers:

fred card
08-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Bring the legends back, great group of guys. All need a chance to prove great racing can happen at Riverhead. I know Jim and Mike are doing the best to help make it happen. thanks jfc25 racing

Jaws
08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I have no reason to doubt anything that has been posted here. However, I paid a visit to Riverhead in '95 and saw the Legends. I was told then that there were far more problems with arguments after the races with them then any other division and that eventually played a part in them leaving. Whether that was true or not I hope they return as they put on a great show everywhere. In addition to Riverhead I have seen them at Wall, Evergreen (now Mountain), Concord N.C., Anderson IN, and Mt. Lawn IN. I love them.:cheers:

It had nothing to do with that Dwight, strictly $$$

They have lots of cars and that would put people and money back into the track.

For years they did not care how many fans entered the front gate, they had lots of money coming in the back gate.

Now with 13 Charger, Late Model and Figure 8's every week, the back gate has suffered.

They need more cars and bodies in the pits.

turn1cowboy
08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
legends means more cars in the pits witch means more $$$:applause:

surfx
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Glad to see the positives posts about the Legend cars. I was one of the drivers there saturday night and had a blast being back at the track,Im still smiling from the race!! The officials, other pit crews and fans that came to talk to us after the show all seemed glad to see the cars there again and everyone treated us great. Hopefully the spectators enjoyed our exhibition race and we get invited back again. Thanks to the track and everyone that was involved in getting the Legend cars invited there saturday night. :D

Mike Malone 25x legend

speed16racer
08-29-2007, 08:23 PM
The legends always put on a good show. It would be great to see them come back to Riverhead.