PDA

View Full Version : The Chrome Horn #1 for a reason

jfp711
08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I just checked out another message board, & I had to laugh about all the bit**ing and crying and arguing about the mansfield race and the rain. I Love to come here with I.M.O. real modified fans that talk about racing & the love for the divsion rather than sitting around like a bunch of morons showing thier ignorance with stupid posts. I'm really glad people like Fran ( flawless ) the hodges and others got this board up, it's hands down the best.............. Thanks for doing a great job..... Joe

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Joe, I would like to thank you for the compliment.
We started this to add more support to the modified touring series'. Much like Newsday and Daily News is to New York news. We don't want to be in a competition with any other venues though, as the newspapers are, but just bring the news to the public in an easier, more user friendly way. Big pluses with TheChromeHorn are that we keep all Whelen Mod news on the front page where you don't have to search for news. Another plus is we are all easily available and treat all as friends and family, which we are in a way, with modifieds as our common ground.
As for forum complaining, it's just the way people are nowadays I guess. Would be nice if both sides were looked at, what was wrong and why it did. Most can pick on things but really don't understand why they happened. Guess it's easier to pick than compliment. Constructive criticism is good, but as I said, should be both sides. We have done very little editing posts here, so that to me is a big plus and shows what type of people we are involved with.
For just turning 9 months old, things have gone very well and we are pleased with all so far. Next year some expanded coverage will be added and I have already created a 'flash' based player for next year which will have a upper window for live running orders for races and a lower window for chat with no refreshing involved. All I have left is to write a program to convert car numbers to numbers and drivers name for the display of the running order. Just throw in car numbers and it will display automatically. All real time, no delays or refreshing pages, therefore no overload issues, which we have had twice this year. Also please keep in mind, Linda & Norm of Precision Automotive and Ted Baxter of Hampton Jitney had a HUGE part of this site happening with their sponsorship support. They are the ones who keep us going and fantastic people to boot!!!!
And thanks to all new members, existing members and guests who visit and post in the forum, without all of you too, we wouldn't be here!!!

Precision Auto
08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I agree: From fans of racing to TBax - to the Hodges - to Fran - to all at The Chrome Horn - and most of all - to Freedom of Speech - you rock.......

Linda Case :cool: :cool:

Photog1
08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with all of the compliments above!!!

I may not post a lot, but I do read often!!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work,
Hazel

:applause:

Jaws
08-29-2007, 01:02 PM
MODS ARE GREAT!!!

Who would disagree!!

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree: From fans of racing to TBax - to the Hodges - to Fran - to all at The Chrome Horn - and most of all - to Freedom of Speech - you rock.......

Linda Case :cool: :cool:
And what about me???? :*-( LOL!!!!!

Precision Auto
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Richie: I thought when I said to "all at The Chrome Horn" that it included you and JA. Apparently I did not know the rules!

Therefore, I salute you: :cheers: :applause:

Linda!!!!!!!

jfp711
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I hope I did not offend anybody by omitting them in my original post, I know it take's a lot of hard work to do what ALL YOU GUYS & GALS do so there for, please accept my apologie for just throwing a couple of names out there. It was not my intention to overlook what anybody does to keep this GREAT BOARD running................ Joe

LongIslandJam
08-29-2007, 05:46 PM
No offense taken... We at TheChromeHorn.com and RacerHub.com do not have egos. We just love to cover racing and enjoy sharing our experiences with everyone.

On behalf of RacerHub, I am glad everyone here enjoys our site and our forums.

Thank you for your loyal support,

bucket67
08-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I just want to echo what others have said.Kudos to everyone who makes this a great place to get modified news.Unlike other forums,here you're able to speak your mind and voice your opinion without being accused of any wrong doing by the powers that be...To all here at the chromehorn keep up the great work.:cheers:

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I hope I did not offend anybody by omitting them in my original post, I know it take's a lot of hard work to do what ALL YOU GUYS & GALS do so there for, please accept my apologie for just throwing a couple of names out there. It was not my intention to overlook what anybody does to keep this GREAT BOARD running................ Joe

No way... I was just teasing Linda above....
Why....cuz I can.....

Teds Race Tours
08-29-2007, 07:38 PM

RGee.

You are the Glue of which TCH is held together. A great great man worthy of recognition in the Long Island Motorsports Hall of Fame.:lol:

I also like the Avatar and Signature options here that are no longer available at other sites. TCH and Racerhub are the measuring stick. Hampton Jitney Looks forward to a long relationship with TCH.:)

Precision Auto
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
:wave: TBax and Axel: We still have to come up with our Top-5 bets for this year. I'm not sure if I should go easy on you guys or not!! :lol:

Linda

P.S. Richie - pick on me? Yes you can.......:help:

chrome horn
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm glad everyone is happy with the way the site is progressing. Like I said when WE started the site, we aren't trying to re- invent the wheel, just given fans another option. I'd like to think that every site has it own little thing that makes you go back to them. Whether it's this site, MSS, racersbored etc., we are all fans of the modifieds and we need to support each other, WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE MODS!!!!. I thank everyone for supporting us and see ya at the track.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Whether it's this site, MSS, racersbored etc., we are all fans of the modifieds and we need to support each other, WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE MODS!!!!. I thank everyone for supporting us and see ya at the track.

AMEN brother....

Precision Auto
08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I'll second Fran's post......................:cheers:

Linda

Axel
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
:wave: TBax and Axel: We still have to come up with our Top-5 bets for this year. I'm not sure if I should go easy on you guys or not!! :lol:

Linda

P.S. Richie - pick on me? Yes you can.......:help:

I do have a new pari of lederhosen, but I have no hope in hell of catching up... so that will not be part of this years bet.

Linda-- I owe you an email, but life's been nuts. I will try catching up soon!

To all at TCH--- kudos. Great site and great banter. Keep up the excellent work!

uticamike
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
What I like about the "Horn" is that it's tolerant of all the Modified series in
the northeast. The moderation is also balanced well. I was booted from MSS
for a "private" post between myself and another member. The lady &$%#@ over
there did me a favor it seems which lead me here. Glad we have Howie and
Fran here to keep up the first rate photo's and many from the MSS also have
found a home here. I'm glad to be part of it and hope to have a long life here.
Keep up the great work all.

jfp711
08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
WOW .....1st Fran we agree once more, something must be wrong here lolololo, 2nd Uticamike that dipsh** from the other board kicked me off also, for some pretty stupid stuff so don't feel to bad brother I've been following the mods since the very early 70's and I do not claim to know it all and she just found out what a modified was 2-3 years ago and is now an expert on the division, cracks me up.... oh well thank god for TCH.

broz
08-30-2007, 08:44 AM
The Horn RAWKS!

For someone here in Texas, the IS the ONLY place to get reliable information about "The Tour"! And the pictures put me in the front row every race :cheers:

You had a vision, it was realized and now it's here Buddy!

The Chrome Horn
voted best Racing site on the "net" :cool:

Teds Race Tours
08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm glad everyone is happy with the way the site is progressing. Like I said when WE started the site, we aren't trying to re- invent the wheel, just given fans another option. I'd like to think that every site has it own little thing that makes you go back to them. Whether it's this site, MSS, racersbored etc., we are all fans of the modifieds and we need to support each other, WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE MODS!!!!. I thank everyone for supporting us and see ya at the track.

Fran.

You are the Glue of which TCH is held together. A great great man worthy of recognition in the Connecticut Motorsports Hall of Fame.

Modman75
08-30-2007, 10:00 AM
WOW .....1st Fran we agree once more, something must be wrong here lolololo, 2nd Uticamike that dipsh** from the other board kicked me off also, for some pretty stupid stuff so don't feel to bad brother I've been following the mods since the very early 70's and I do not claim to know it all and she just found out what a modified was 2-3 years ago and is now an expert on the division, cracks me up.... oh well thank god for TCH.

Believe me guys are not alone in your feelings, but lets not turn this into the mess that seems to thrive over there lately. It's not a coincidence that we are all over here now..... lets enjoy it!!

Let me add to everyones kudos to the site. It is nice to be able to discuss events with poeple who have a realistic outlook on the modified world. Thanks to EVERYONE involved with the site... admins, sponsors and posters alike!!

gomodsgo
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
:wave: I just like Howie :applause:
.... it's the only reason I am here. LOL

MandyB
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I love you all. We're one big, happy family. You can't get any better than that. (Or at least I hope you can't.)

Thank you to all who make this place run like prestige and clockwork. :applause:

jfp711
08-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I just like Fran lolololololol...........

Teds Race Tours
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
:wave: I just like Howie :applause:
.... it's the only reason I am here. LOL

Howie and Mary are the Glue of which TCH is held together. A great great couple worthy of recognition in the Connecticut Motorsports Hall of Fame.

Precision Auto
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Howie and Mary are the Glue of which TCH is held together. A great great couple worthy of recognition in the Connecticut Motorsports Hall of Fame.

I like TBax because he's held together by glue. You know, like a Wizard of Oz character!! :lol:

Bob T. Racer
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, even an air head like me knows you guys are great!

stefanikfan
08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I do have a new pari of lederhosen, but I have no hope in hell of catching up... so that will not be part of this years bet.

Linda-- I owe you an email, but life's been nuts. I will try catching up soon!

To all at TCH--- kudos. Great site and great banter. Keep up the excellent work!

Hey Axel,
who wears a pari of Lenderhosen, men or women?? Hopefully woman....I've never heard of a pair of those!!! LOL...

You planning on making it north to the "old" 300?

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan.:cheers:

stefanikfan
08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
On a more serious note,
I love the Chromehorn, great site Howie! I love what you and everyone at the Chromehorn do. Keep up the fantastic work everybody!

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan.:cheers:

ThE sHaDoW
08-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok, group hug before I throw up. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Chris
08-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Birds of a feather flock together.:wave:

chrome horn
08-30-2007, 09:56 PM

AHHHH> Shadow, the voice of reason:lol:

"..... lets enjoy it!!"
Modman75, Thanks

RGeeProductions
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM

The best post yet!!!!! LOL

Linda Case HAS the Glue of which TBax is held together. You know, the kind very young kids use that's water soluble.

chrome horn
08-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Rgee, you forgot edible too!!!!:disgusted

RGeeProductions
08-30-2007, 10:00 PM

The best post yet!!!!! LOL

Linda Case HAS the Glue of which TBax is held together. You know, the kind very young kids use that's water soluble and edible.
(Thank you Fran, LOL)

Howie
08-30-2007, 10:14 PM
We all have our stories and I'm sure mine are as good as any, but I really hate to put them on here. I like Modman 75's thoughts. Lets go with his idea and keep it fun on TCH. Thanks Modman 75.

We got to Martinsville about 5PM. Went to Clarence's for supper. On the way back to the motel we hit a pouring rain for about a half mile - exactly as we were passing the track. Not an omen, just a coincidence. BTW - Gas is $2.49 a gal.

stefanikfan
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM

Nice.....Hey sHaDoW, you still interested in that invite at thompson in September? I'll have room fir ya! How 'bout that grill? If you wanna bring it, throw it in the truck!

Shoot me an email if you'd like:cheers

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan:cheers:

chuck2810
08-31-2007, 06:34 AM
We all have our stories and I'm sure mine are as good as any, but I really hate to put them on here. I like Modman 75's thoughts. Lets go with his idea and keep it fun on TCH. Thanks Modman 75.

We got to Martinsville about 5PM. Went to Clarence's for supper. On the way back to the motel we hit a pouring rain for about a half mile - exactly as we were passing the track. Not an omen, just a coincidence. BTW - Gas is $2.49 a gal.

See Howie, I have now posted... Kudos to the work you ALL do and lets all work together to keep it positive and uplifting.

Have a great time in Martinsville, see you next time the Mods come to the Midwest...

Chuck

ThE sHaDoW
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
BTW - Gas is $2.49 a gal.

Why is gas there so expensive there? I pay $2.41 for reg.

RGeeProductions,

I'm glad you saw the humor in that, as that was the intent.

ThE sHaDoW
08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Nice.....Hey sHaDoW, you still interested in that invite at thompson in September? I'll have room fir ya! How 'bout that grill? If you wanna bring it, throw it in the truck!

Shoot me an email if you'd like:cheers

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan:cheers:

I might have that covered, but I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the offer. I have your cell, so I'll give ya a ring.

Jaws
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM

Man do you ever stay home?? lol. How about next week you stay in Conn.?

Remember get one of those pink dogs at the track!

Teds Race Tours
08-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Man do you ever stay home?? lol. How about next week you stay in Conn.?

Remember get one of those pink dogs at the track!

If you take one of those pink hot dogs, and mix it with peanut butter, you can make the glue which holds things together at TCH.

RGeeProductions
08-31-2007, 11:48 PM
I gotta run to the bathroom.....BRB
I have had one of dem hot dogs.....

Howie
09-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Even after all these years, the pink hot dog and I don't get along.

Things may be changing though. Years ago I think Bones Bourcier said it doesn't matter how they spell barbecue (BBQ or Bar-b-que or what ever) down south it is unfit for a Yankee's stomach. We had the Bar-B-Q (that's the way the servers said it was spelled) before the parade tonight and it was good with no after effects. Maybe I will try a pink hotdog at the track. :disgusted

Tooner
09-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Just want to add my thanks to everyone at The Chrome Horn for another great source for Mod info.

PS. Howie, if you can stand the BBQ and the hot dogs at M'ville, then you might be ready for a pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich on your way home in NJ :)

chrome horn
09-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Howie, DON'T DO IT!!!!! In the words of Ed Flemke Sr. " 5th Avenue and a Coke."

W. J.
09-01-2007, 08:11 AM
No pink hotdogs for me, I've got a long drive home the next day!!!:lol:

gomodsgo
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Gotta bump this back to the top and say THANKS RICHIE!!!!!!!!!!

Making the avatar work will make a certain someone VERY VERY happy.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Precision Auto
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
GoModsGo: Love the new avatar..........that Richie is some creative....

Linda :applause:

RGeeProductions
09-12-2007, 08:52 PM
What avatar!!!!!
That one is a cheap copy!!!! LOL

uticamike
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
An SK avatar, who da thunk it? :applause: