PDA

View Full Version : News 12 Long Island .com

Rich Mergl
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Today has a poll. Do you think there should be a MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX on LONG ISLAND. Yes votes have a big lead as of WED 1:30 PM.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
105 - pro
22 - against
@ 1:45pm
Not sure when they posted this but I will keep an eye on it and post results tonight.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Glad you posted this.
In 15 minutes there are 8 more for it vs 1 against.....
Lets blow this poll!!!!

Tracy87BB
08-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I guess you have to be a subscriber to access the poll...:(

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
No, poll is on right side, second from bottom.
I am not a member and see it.
News12.com Poll
Do you think there should be a motorsport park on LI?

News 12 Poll (http://www.news12.com/LI)

The Bullfather
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
no, I just was on, look on the right side and just vote. they never asked for subscriber info from me.

Tracy87BB
08-29-2007, 02:06 PM
OK guys, I'm on and there is no poll on the right side of my page. My page says "Are you a cable subscriber who receives News 12?" No poll...:confused:

RGee, even when I click your hyperlink, I get the same page without a poll on it...

W. J.
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
They were at Levy's press conference today in Hauppauge, too. Look for coverage on the 5 PM edition, if you have cable. If you can't wait, I just sent JA the story, it should be up soon.
Mr Levy, I'm sure, would vote FOR in the News 12 poll. That should tell you all about his press conference.

Rich Mergl
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I had to long on at first with my cablevision ID #. That happens once in a while to me.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, that is interesting as I heard the conference was Levy, motorsports and Gumman. Levy is county and has nothing to do with Grumman so this should be good!!!
BTW: The numbers for the motorsports are rising FAST now....mmmmm

Tracy87BB
08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Rich Mergl, thanks for the tip but for me it's no good...I don't have Cablevision. I was hoping to get around that and vote anyway. Not this time, I guess...oh well.

valin187
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
as of 2:28 pm its
yes- 136
no-29

SuperShafts
08-29-2007, 02:26 PM
I would like to thank everyone who got there on that last minute notice i gave you....

Denise i told news 55 to interview you and the kids, i was caught up with talking with people so i don't know if they did.

Thank you all for showing up, we looked awesome ..

WJ you disapeared kid i wanted to speak with you a bit more.

They are also interviewing my guy Alan tonight on L.I. talks 7pm

Tell everyone to call in..

I will post the link to the vote on all the boards i deal with

The Bullfather
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Things are looking to turn a huge corner here huh? Awesome!

W. J.
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Supershafts,

I had to get home to write the story. Levy's Wi-Fi isn't up and running yet, sorry, lol!

Levy's behind building a motorsports facility, but is leaving the final decision to the Town Council in Riverhead. And so we wait some more, but with more hope in our hearts.

CIN
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes: 159
No: 36

Hey Marty, Ready for some bantering back and forth on the News12 forum. Same old people saying the same old garbage. Someone has to educate the public that this will not be built with Taxpayers money and only will bring in money to the economy.
Here we go again. Did Levy have that same "grin" on his face while talking about this? Wanted to be there but keeping a roof over my kids heads is just a little more important than Political Bull...

We really do have to keep at them though!

CIN

SuperShafts
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
http://www.news12.com/LI scroll down it's on the right side of the page and vote...

Then hit comments....please do not get into a childish name calling match with the fab 5 of the news 12 forum...there mentally dead and there is no trying to educate them....but it will leave one to wonder how they say we have the best education system

Did you see my post in the Motorsports on L.I. thread on their board for all those ready to start calling us trash and rednecks, I gave them a history lesson...

randomrodder
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Gee that's a shame that our elected official won't take a stand for the people that voted him into office? Isn't that his job afterall? Or am I missing the boat on representing the people.

W. J.
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.news12.com/LI scroll down it's on the right side of the page and vote.
They won't let you in if you're not in their 'club' (Subscribers only)! Still glad I'm not a 'member', LOL!!!

SuperShafts
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Your not missing much WJ, their forum is full of mentally challenged people.

W. J.
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Much like those who own and run the company, LOL! :lol:

cuzzzy59
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
as of 6:45, 371 yes& 88 no:)

EnduroFromDE
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
results for poll as of 7:55p.m.
yes---420----82%
no----95-----18%

racerwife
08-29-2007, 09:09 PM
As Of 9:15 Pm. Wednesday....

521 For
111 Against

SuperShafts
08-29-2007, 09:35 PM
The Long Island talks segement has me beside myself at this time...Why Alan sat there and let that guy run the show and make all kinds of bs statements with half truths and untruths is beyond me..

The truth is they didn't even realize they had the property till it was brought up to them with a proposal for a motorsports park, as shown by the original copy, seen earlier in the hands of Don, who was interviewed earlier that day prior to the press conference....but Alan sat by and didn't interject...

In Levy's Suffolk County address, he used an entire paragraph from Top Gun's proposal on the property in Yaphank. They didn't realize was there...which was made prior to his winning the county seat...

The man sitting next to Alan lied

When I informed Doug Geed of news 12 of this, and have in fact the proof, and he never used it when he countered Levy in the last interview we had....why does news 12 bother to do things if they don't bother to bring it all out...I showed them the proposal, the date the highlighted paragraph, and not one question as to "why did your county address mimic this paragraph...why didn't you at that time bring up affordable housing...why did you have town meetings and make people believe what you were going to do...and do nothing"...I gave Doug the questions, everything he needed...wonderful reporting..if he worked for me, he'd be fired for doing a poor job....and now Cardinale and his insane bs excuses of the zoning is not that easy...

00 RBDJ
08-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Marty,

They didn't interview us, Kenny Hyde was interviewed by News12, but it wasn't shown. It was no problem bringing the cars. I just hope that it helped.

Denise

00 RBDJ
08-30-2007, 12:16 AM
As of 12:22am the poll results were

688 yes
133 no

SuperShafts
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey you guy's being there was great, if anyone is to blame it would be the lack of real reporting...I have to say News 55 was much better...a little late at night and im curious as to who and how many seen it...but i thought it was much better...

I couldn't get thru to long island talks....they took my number and said they would call me back, and let me tell you i would have made cardinale and that suffolk county comm look like fools with there nonsense...

No one ever including the civics out in RH complained about Jets...and they can be dangerous taking off and landing all day and night, and doing practice carrier touch and go's.....but the zoning is a problem there for cars within walls...is he serious? Then the mental patient with the call of noise and the calverton nat cemetery...if one of them gets out of there grave to complain about noise i will GIVE them my house, my business my cars and clothes i have and on my back and walk around naked...
The planes didn't bother calv nat cem...but cars will....
I can't believe some of the insanity i heard last night...my wife is in shock i didn't have a heart attack last night...

Im going to get a hold of News 55 and see if i can get an interview with them, there is just to much lies and make believe issues they are making..then the guy that called in with the traffic from the balloon fair sunday night....that was due to SCPD shutting down WF in both directions for an accident on the SB side with a truck, that guy needs to do his homework..

00 RBDJ
08-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I did see news55, mostly because my kids wanted to see themselves on camera:lol: Yesterday, Dorethea went up to Ed Deniski and asked him about a petition and he said that it wouldn't work, they would just put it aside. He said they need to be flooded with letters. I do have a suggestion though, what if you typed a letter, pretty much the same as the other thread about wanting racing, and make copies. Explain the importance, write suggestions on what to write and where to send it, and put them on windshields throughout the weekend. Maybe someone out there with a printing comapany or a business can donate the copies and you can get a few thousand. You have 3 weekends left at the track. I honestly did not know anything about the project, since my kids own the TV:lol:, until I started reading the forum. So there maybe people that do not know what is even going on..Again just a suggestion

Just remember its a holiday weekend and there is alot of shopping in the Riverhead outlets, target, walmart, etc. for the start of school, so if anyone decides to do a letter and copies, it is a great weekend to distribute them...

SuperShafts
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
What we have been doing is handing out copies that would say I ______ am a registered voter and i ________ support the tg or rex corp plans for a motorsports family park in _________ or _________ and then had the people either mail them or fax them...

We also made versions with levy's picture and a X thru it saying no motorsports no levy and we are registered voters and then when dopey foley came out and said he would rezone the yaphank property from heavy ind use to residential we faxed him a few hundred of no motorsports no foley....

We have atleast about a few thousand already in cardinales office being mailed in and faxed along with other e-mails and stuff....so don't believe his bs about he doesn't a see a large following i know for fact we mailed about 2700 letters

SuperShafts
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.news12.com/NewCDA/poll/pop_poll?region=LI&id=17404

CIN
08-30-2007, 01:04 PM
As for Calverton National Cemetery...
I know one person out there that would absolutely love to hear the roar of race engines and the smell of racing fuel...and has his racing jacket and gloves with him....

It's all the same bull we were feed before. It's election time and they are playing to the crowd. Again. But I will be voting this year and guess who I am NOT voting for.

SuperShafts
08-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Levy, cardinale, foley and i forgot his name......

unowho243
08-31-2007, 02:03 AM
This is awesome its looking good guys!

randomrodder
08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Cowboy, what we see and what they, zoning board) do are entirely two different things many times. Before anyone goes off on me, that doesn't mean we shouldn't stop pushing for what we want. It's the only way we will get it. What i am referring to are the poll numbers. They sure look great but in the eyes of people that are against a track, they will find dozens of reasons the numbers read as they do.