PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs Moving to TOYOTA

Rich Mergl
08-31-2007, 10:55 AM
MSN today reporting it will be announced next Wednesday that they are moving to toyota in 2008. They must be desperate to get into VICTORY LANE and paid a hunk for gibbs to move from Chevy.

tstiles
08-31-2007, 11:42 AM
chevrolet has the most wins in cup racing. wonder why they would go japanese ?

Jaws
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
chevrolet has the most wins in cup racing. wonder why they would go japanese ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thay have a lot of money selling us cars that they can throw around.

When do you think a Chinese car company will join NASCAR> They have a lot of our money too.

allhailunc
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
:lol: i wanna run my Hyundai:lol:

randomrodder
08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thay have a lot of money selling us cars that they can throw around.

When do you think a Chinese car company will join NASCAR> They have a lot of our money too.

As soon as they can develope one that will slowly kill us while entertaining us. Something a bit more potent the carbon monoxcide.

randomrodder
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
:lol: i wanna run my Hyundai:lol:

That's Korean and my wife wouldn't give up her Sante Fe unless she was getting another one. Absolutely trouble free. Ok, so it did need a starter.

Ace
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
I can't believe Toyota signed a powerhouse in JGR. That is great news for TRD. The teams and drivers they have for this year weren't the best but now they got Smoke(I may have to change my signature now LOLLOLOL) Hamlin and Busch. Can't wait for '08!
WWHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

W. J.
08-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow, Joe Gibbs sold out the fans, too? Oh well, now I may not even have to record the Nipponese...er Nextel Cup races. But at least I can stay warm, burning my Tony Stewart souvenirs! Even better, there is a new Lowe's by my house, so no more trips to Home Depot!!!

Teds Race Tours
08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
MSN today reporting it will be announced next Wednesday that they are moving to toyota in 2008. They must be desperate to get into VICTORY LANE and paid a hunk for gibbs to move from Chevy.

Man, this is one truly conflicted Tony Stewart fan.:mad:

debbie33
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Being a Tony Stewart fan I am at a loss. I am not going to stop being a fan because he changed brands I am just concerned about his perfomance rating next year. I wish Gibbs the best and maybe they will turn the whole Toyota thing around. I think Toyota was after Gibbs power more than anything. They say where there is Smoke there is fire so go get them next year Tony.

tstiles
09-01-2007, 10:27 AM
hold it . if gibbs goes to toyota , that mean toyota power plants. i dont think anybody in the gibbs shop is rice burner certified. dont you think toyota power is weak? i mean christ! they cant even make the show. wtf? .

randomrodder
09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Here's where we go from mechanics to techies. Beam me up Scotty.

RGeeProductions
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
hold it . if gibbs goes to toyota , that mean toyota power plants. i dont think anybody in the gibbs shop is rice burner certified. dont you think toyota power is weak? i mean christ! they cant even make the show. wtf? .

[FONTANA, Calif. (AP)]clip from full article out 13 hours ago
Busch, who has driven Chevrolets for Hendrick since he first raced in Cup in 2004, said the discussions before he signed with JGR included talks with Gibbs' chief engine builder Mark Kronquist about the possible change.

"Actually, when we were talking about the Toyota stuff, they brought Mark in because I had a bunch of questions about the motor stuff," Busch said. "You know (Toyota's) got a lot of questions in that area with the motors because they've got, supposedly, the top end power but they don't have the bottom end and stuff like that. They've had not too many reliability issues, but a couple.

"Mark alluded to me that they feel like their package that they have in the Chevrolet engines, especially with the new R-7 stuff, that they can translate that into the Toyota stuff and, hopefully, have a pretty good piece come January."