PDA

View Full Version : How was it ?

racing#s
09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
So what's the word on the death defying escape artist show ?
How was it ?

The Bullfather
09-02-2007, 09:13 AM
He almost had to defy death from the crowd.....

In defense, I guess he is usually on a stage, with an audience in front of him. His audience this night was all around him. Tough crowd.:)

DriveitinDeep
09-02-2007, 09:31 AM
He was almost as bad a Finan's jokes! LOL

randomrodder
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
He was almost as bad a Finan's jokes! LOL

Close call there.:lol:

Teds Race Tours
09-02-2007, 09:47 AM
He did something that you would think that a magician would do. He made me disappear right after the modified race.

RGeeProductions
09-02-2007, 10:08 AM
He almost had to defy death from the crowd.....

In defense, I guess he is usually on a stage, with an audience in front of him. His audience this night was all around him. Tough crowd.:)

Peter, Rich and I WERE right next to him like a normal audience would be and nah, wasn't what I believe or the track believed it would be.

Wheel Racing
09-02-2007, 10:38 AM
It's too bad that they committed to him early in the season with scheduling, because the Spectator Drags have taken on a new popularity and were missed. I know the track likes to try new things to attract more of a crowd, but some of these acts just aren't what they advertise. I know some tracks have live bands and that wouldn't be so bad. I am sure some local bands would play for free and then bring some of their following. If you have a couple bands set up after the races are over, the fans would get a show and the bands would get exposure and cost the track very little to bring in a different fan base.

RGeeProductions
09-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Great idea Neal, BUT noise curfew issues and Glenwood would not go for that.

Ka$h25
09-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Really? Is it any different then the DJ's that come the last couple weeks? They can play till what, like 12?

RGeeProductions
09-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Really? Is it any different then the DJ's that come the last couple weeks? They can play till what, like 12?

Yes, really!!!
Noise curfew in Riverhead is 11pm.
Like running races. You can finish anything started by 11pm but not start after 11pm.
This has been done, but if someone complains from Glenwood, the police would be there to quiet it down.
Just because it's done doesn't mean it's right.
I just looked up Riverhead Town code for racetracks; yes there is one just for racetracks, and it states, 10:45pm not 11pm, for racing. As for normal noise, it's 11pm.

Wheel Racing
09-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Great idea Neal, BUT noise curfew issues and Glenwood would not go for that.

Maybe an intermission type thing, like the guy last night in between races. Just a thought. I actually prefer a full night of racing myself.

RGeeProductions
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I am into just the racing also but some 1/2 time entertainment would be ok too.....
And a band on a flatbed would be kinda kewl...Drive in, plug in, play, unplug, drive out....

top row crew
09-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Please, no more carnival acts, more racing please.

J.D.
09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I Think that was a BIG STEP DOWN from the MONSTER TRUCKS.:confused:

nobandwagonhere
09-02-2007, 07:11 PM
:help: :help: :help: "Escape Artist" huh?.....If you want to impress me then "Escape" the booing crowd:help: :help: :help:

It was worth a shot on the tracks part, but very corny. JMO.

Jaws
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
He did something that you would think that a magician would do. He made me disappear right after the modified race.

Wow, now that's a "huge" feat!!!

The Bullfather
09-02-2007, 09:50 PM
One person you have to give credit for is Bob Finan. Bob did a great job keeping the crowd going during the artist performances. If he wasn't on the mic and trying to get the crowd into it, it would have been really bad scene with the fans! Bob is one of the best there is around the northeast. He always has wonderful words to say, when someone passed away, he'd make you feel like you knew the person. He's got his lame jokes, but it's comical just hearing them and you're waiting for the groans. Does good play by play on track action. He keeps the crowd interested during the times when theres no action and keeps the kids and families into the non- racing acts. From fireworks to demos to other forms of entertainment. He does a good job. Keep it up Bob!

unowho243
09-03-2007, 01:31 AM
I agree Pete, Bob Finan is definitely one of the best in the business.

Teds Race Tours
09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I agree Pete Bob Finan is definitely one of the best in the business

IMO, Bob is 2nd only to Ben Dodge in the announcing dept. I have been to over 80 speedway, and have heard hundreds of announcers, so that is quite a compliment. We are truly lucky to have him.

Scotty Wolf
09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Bobby is one of the best. The guy at Waterford is very good and there was a woman at Tioga Speedway, she was very good too. (Sorry, I don't remember there names). Thanks Bobby for all these years, keep up the good work.

maestri fan 1
09-03-2007, 10:00 PM
The only announcer that I have ever heard that I think may top Bob is the announcer from Thunder Road Speedbowl. You want to talk about an announcer who makes the crowd laugh hysterically and is also great at play by play racing, that is the guy, let me tell you.

SuperShafts
09-04-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't understand the reasoning for that type of side show with a speedway/racing venue as the main event

Speedway/Racing....escape artist :confused:

Speedway/Racing....Monster Trucks crushing cars...:drool:

Spectators with their trucks trying to crush cars :drool:

Speedway/Racing....Automotive type stunts :drool:

Speedway/Racing....opera, dancing, music (before or after) :help: , ballet, mimes, comedians :help: (other than track announcing W/A's) just doesn't work....

The Bullfather
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
hmmmmm mimes might work at times! lol

randomrodder
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
hmmmmm mimes might work at times! lol

How about during interviews? LOL. What was that you said Bill? Let's try it one more time..........