PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the 17x

bulldozer
09-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I really want to be the first to congratulate the 17x Jon Ellwood on I believe his first championship. I know it's not over yet, but with the car counts, I think all he has to do is roll onto the track the next two weeks. John and crew have had an awesome year. Staying out of the wrecks and finishing top 5 almost every week. You have driven smart the last 10 weeks and have earned the championship. Can't say more about the crew since the car has held up all year. I have never had a problem racing with you besides 5 years ago, my first year,LOL. I think I tried to do the roll over on top of your car. It's easy to say bad things about people behind their backs, and talk about what they do and what they must have because they are fast, but I tell you straight out honest,you are one of the fastest cars and you do DESERVE the championship. I know everyone is competitive and everyone wants to win every week and I'm the same way. The funny thing is, Im happy that you won, I wish it was me, Furrdogg,kevin or Tom A., but you know what, you deserve it, so congrats. I'm just happy and lucky enough to live my dream to race. I feel like the luckiest person on earth when I'm in the car. To win a championship would be the icing on the cake, but if I don't, oh well, I'll still be happy and have a smile from ear to ear every week. So congrats to all of you guys, I'm not the bad guy you think I am. 81 :applause:

W. J.
09-03-2007, 11:04 AM
I want to add my early congratulations also. Everyone on your team deserves a pat on the back, and a tip of the hat for the job you all did this year. A little 'magic touch' :wave: almost every week never hurt :lol: , but you guys did everything right, and your championship is well deserved.

DODGE99
09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
It's not over yet ... still mathematically possible !!!:wave:

Ka$h25
09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
It'll take a combination of some great driving by Kevin and some unfortunate luck from the 17x, but not really impossible. Either way, I think the 99 ran a great season himself, 8 top-5's in 11 races. The Jam says he missed a race, but I don't recall it, was I not there or is it a Jam mistake?

W. J.
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
The 66 was black flagged out of a race and DQ'd early in the season.

RacinRob
09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
We all know Kev can drive...don't count him out yet!

Turbo
09-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Congrats to Ellwood and the rest of the 17x crew on a great year!!

Kevin missed the first race of the season because the car (motor?) was not ready in time.

JBonsignore
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
It's a shame Kevin missed the first race, it would be a close points races, but also how many times has he been caught up in other people's mess and still came back to finish in the top 5, for example this weekend.... also like to have seen if the 66 didn't miss week 1, get wrecked week 2, and get DQed week 3 (:disgusted ) where he would be in the points right now! I bet he would be challenging for that championship and be the highest rookie in points since some #22 back in 2005.

Either way, both have had awesome seasons. :applause:

Justin Bonsignore

Ace
09-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Congrats Jimmy Jon on your championship! You drove great this year and very smart the past few weeks with the championship in sight. If it wasn't for the overheating opening night, you could've clinched weeks ago.:applause: :cheers:

Is Buuuuuuddddyyyy THERE?!
WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tracy87BB
09-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Now that it's OFFICIAL, congrats to John Ellwood and the entire #17x team on your championship.

woodbutcher
09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Great job buddy

JBonsignore
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Congrats Jimmy Jon, can I have a shirt this week? :wave:

DODGE99
09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I agree ... you and your guys did a great job all season, and I had fun and learned some things racing with you this year... so congrats and enjoy your 2007 Charger Championship!!!:applause: