PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Dynamite on your 1st Late Model championship

bulldozer
09-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I want to be the first to congratulate my Dad, the 2007 Late Model champ. All he has to do is roll onto the track this week. He amazes me more and more every week of every year. 56 years old, and still in my eyes, the best driver at Riverhead Raceway. 11 top 5's, three wins and a 12th in that race he was winning when his wires burnt up with 12 to go while leading, and it was a double point night. I know there were low car counts, but to be that consistant everyweek is amazing. I mean, of those 11 top 5's, 9 of them top 3's. I remember when my Dad won his 3rd Charger championship in a row, people were saying if he is so good, then why doesn't he move up and go Late Model racing. Well we did. Won rookie of the year last year, fouth in points, most top 5's. Unlucky break on another double point night last year, or we could be looking at 2 in a row. I would like to thank the 'Hurricane' for making this all happen. Without Doug, there would be no championship. It really was a team effort from Uncle Ray, John, Roger, Buddy, Matt, Mark, 'Hornet', Kevin, Dave, Larry, Lori, Mom, Heather, Steve T, Candy, Bruce, Poppa O and myself. I hope everyone on this Turbush/Wholey team is proud of what we have accomplished. Enjoy the party this week. 81

unowho243
09-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Great Job Dan it was well earned!!! :applause:

blunderbust8
09-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Great Job Danny:)

Tower Man
09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Bulldozer, don't worry about low car counts. The old man still earned more points than anyone else.

Congrats to Dan and Doug.

wayne
09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Great Job, And Well Deserved!!

vsmidge68
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Way to Go Dan!!!:applause:

Ellen Denniston
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Congrats, Dan, on another championship!:D :wave: :cheers: :) :cool: :applause:

trigger22
09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
See Danny, it's a good thing I didn't pick you to win every week. :) Alex still wears your championship shirts down here in NC.
Congrats on yet another championship.

Frank and Judy Bonsignore

JBonsignore
09-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Congrats Grandpa Turbush, how many championships are you at now? But hey, now it's time to have Doug get you a Mod and come play with us, so you can be the rookie and we can reverse the roles of the ole Charger races!;)

jb

nobandwagonhere
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
1 more for the record books Mr. Turbish! Great job Congrats!

bhubbard
09-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Congrats Danny, and yes I agree, you are one of the best drivers at Riverhead Raceway.

Turbo
09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Congrats on a great year!! Hope watching you after all these years can help me be as good as you are out there!! God knows I've been watching video tapes of every race since 1987 analyzing every mistake or every great move but those shoes are way too big for me or the 81 to fill!!! :cool:

Big thanks to Doug Wholey and the whole crew that works on the 8, 81, and 98 cars for stepping up when needed. Without them, we wouldn't be where we are at now. :applause:

Charlie's Angel
09-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Nice job once again Dan. As I've said before to you ... "you can drive anything!" Congrats!

W. J.
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
As an aside here, if Dan drove an "illusionist/magician", would that then finally be race related, LOL!:lol:

Hey Dan, how about spectator drags? There's still a couple of weeks left! Then, of course, there is that roll-over contest. Ever done that (on purpose, I mean)? ;)

Congrats on the Championship, you drove well and earned your way to the top in LM's. Pretty cool, two old guys out of the last 3 years!

turn1cowboy
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
yeeeeeee haaaaaa BIG DANNY!!! Way to show them how it's done. We can't wait to celebrate with you in victory lane.

Ace
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Dyamite. All I can say about the guy is each year he impresses me more each year. To win the Charger championship the last 3 years he raced the division then moved to Late Models and have the most top 5's as a rookie and an unlucky break in one DP, you could be looking at 5 straight championships. This year with 12 top 5's in 13 races, with 9 top 3's, that is incredible, the only time out of the top 5 was when he was leading the DP on lap 35, a burned wire cost him yet another win. Dynamite, here's to an AWESOME year.:cheers:
CONGRATS to the G.O.A.T. :applause: :applause: :applause: