PDA

View Full Version : While I'm updating...

CJfilms
09-04-2007, 12:19 PM
While I work on updating the site today and getting the photos up on line, I just had something I wanted to say...

I will be posting up images on the NEETS site from Duane Garrison's #666 4 cylinder. Duane took a VERY hard hit to the driver's side of his car...

If you did not see the incident, you will be able to tell from the photos why this is such an important issue.

If Duane did not have a roll cage, he may very well have had to have been pulled out of his car by EMS. The stock body panels are crushed in around the roll bars. Had those bars not been there, Duane's arm or leg could have possibly been tangled up in that.

This is just a reminder...why NEETS is so focussed on safety. We want to keep racing cheap for the racer's, but being safe on the track is priority #1! Our tech inspector was very satisfied by the safety measures taken by the racer's at this event...I am glad to hear good things as such.

The last thing you want to do before you get behind the weel of a race car is out weigh your own safety with spending money on simple things that will save you.

CJfilms
09-04-2007, 03:15 PM
OK!!!

Things are looking like we are ready for the next race!

Registration is open, the info page is up, and you can start asking all new questions, starting right now!

GO!!!

www.neetsracing.com

CJfilms
09-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok, here is the page that I would like everyone to read...

http://www.neetsracing.com/links/safetyfirst.htm

This is, again, why NEETS is concerned about your safety...

EnduroFromDE
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I know NEETS is all about being inexpensive, but think how much a hospital stay is just for one night. It SHOULD be a rule that at least one bar be put on the drivers side and pass. side if you have a co-driver. It's not that hard to install, and you do not even need to know how to weld.
If you go to www.SappRacing.net , that's my website, and click on the "How To Projects" near the top, and scoll down to were I talk about safety, I explain how to build a simple side door bar. I know Duane had a lot more than the one I had, but one bar is better than no bar!!