PDA

View Full Version : Dale-the movie

Duke22
09-04-2007, 07:29 PM
If you get CMT, I get it on Directv #327, they're showing Dale-the movie tonight at 8pm. Right now they're showing his last win at Talladega. To me, cup racing hasn't been the same without him.

W. J.
09-04-2007, 08:54 PM
For anyone who missed it tonight, it is on again Wednesday and Thursday nights from 8PM - 10:15PM, (Probably loaded with commercials for the extra 15 minutes, knowing CMT) so you'll still have a shot at it.

randomrodder
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Wasn't too bad on commercial breaks.

Wheel Racing
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I was never a big fan of his,but the movie was nicely done

Rubbin&Racin
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Awesome movie about Dale and his life. Still miss the man, seems like yesterday, still brings tears knowing he's gone. What a man and a driver.

allhailunc
09-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Those of you that know me, know how much of an Earnhardt fan I was, along with the rest of the family. I have no problems saying I sat there last night crying:*-( at times. Some of those tears were of sadness, but many of them were from joy and remembering Dale and his career. The way they did his 500 win was great (little segments at a time), his Talladega "charge" still brings goosebumps to my body-heck even Jr's charge to win the Pepsi 400. :applause: The race after the accident at Daytona-to which we had the greatest seats in the world to see live, I can stll remember standing and yelling at the top of my lungs as he was closing in "go you son of a "B",go". This movie is a must see and I know I'll be first(sorry Dale, not 3rd) in line when and if it goes on sale (my luck it already has), for not only Dale fans, but of Nascar fans as a whole. The only part I had a problem with watching is when they showed the accident (including the in car camera showing the actual impact into the wall) for it's is still so very fresh to me and the legions of fans this man has accumulated. But CMT, you've done the Nascar world, us as fans, and especially The "Intimidator" himself proud. :applause: :applause: :applause:

W. J.
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I did a little research, and the movie, originally released in theaters this past February, is not yet out on DVD, but will be soon. Just Google "Dale The Movie", and there is one link that lets you sign up to a newsletter site that will automatically send out an email so you can be the 4th (sorry Larry) to buy the movie when it is released.

SuperShafts
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
They're Dale fans.....they should have known about that site a year ago..

I noticed you guy's hate posting links...

http://raceshopusa.com/dale-movie.htm?gclid=CL_BzOfIrI4CFQ0ogAodIwTavw

Go there and hit e-mail updates.....

racing#s
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I thought the movie was awesome. But, they did miss one thing that really showed his character. I believe it took place at Talladega? He was in a wreck, and flipped his car, & slid down the track. When he was in the ambulance, he asked a track worker to see if the car started. It did start, the next thing you know, he's strapping back into it, and actually drove it back onto the track. They actually made a diecast car based on this occurrance, (which I eventually purchased). RIP Dale.

W. J.
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah Andy, I wondered why that was missing from it, too. That really was a neat thing, him telling the track worker to get out after the car fired, and rejoining the race. If that doesn't show the true heart of a guy who just wanted to race, I don't know what does.
The movie serves as a reminder of what we are missing with today's whiney generation of Cup drivers.

randomrodder
09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I was kind of surprised Michael Waltrip was a no show. I know he was tight with Dale, maybe too tight and didn't want to be in it?

Steve did a stand up job and added a bit of levity to the show also.

SuperShafts
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought the movie was awesome. But, they did miss one thing that really showed his character. I believe it took place at Talladega? He was in a wreck, and flipped his car, & slid down the track. When he was in the ambulance, he asked a track worker to see if the car started. It did start, the next thing you know, he's strapping back into it, and actually drove it back onto the track. They actually made a diecast car based on this occurrance, (which I eventually purchased). RIP Dale.

They did show that...watch it again they just left out the going back to the car...I believe it was Daytona though.

allhailunc
09-06-2007, 02:04 AM
They did quickly show the Talladega crash and him being walked to the ambulance all the time looking at the cars. Matter of fact, I thought they were going to show him getting back into the car, which would have only lent more to the legend, but they cut the scene just as they were "trying" to load him into the ambulance and you could see the whole time his eyes focused on the car and it appeared he "might" have been giving the ambulance workers just a wee bit of trouble:lol:

P.S.-Racing#s-got my hands on one of them too-was actually able to secure one of the select few platinum versions (man was my wife upset over the cost though:lol: )

x_factor
09-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a dvd of this movie.