PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Angelillo

chrome horn
09-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Just read in this mornings paper that Marilyn Angelillo, wife of NEMA Midget owner Gene, passed away.

Marilyn A. Angelillo

Wolcott

Marilyn A. Angelillo

Mrs. Marilyn A. (Zukauskas) Angelillo, 61, of 12 Badger Road, Wolcott, died after a courageous battle with cancer in the presence of her loving family on Tuesday September 4, 2007 at St. Mary's Hospital. She was the beloved wife of Eugene Angelillo.

Marilyn was born in Waterbury on December 13, 1945, daughter of the late James "Big Jim" and Adeline (Tomasaitis) Zukauskas. She graduated from St. Joseph's Grammar School and Waterbury Catholic High School. She ran the office of Sanitary Refuse Inc. until 1988 when she became a bookkeeper at Zackin and Zeminsky Accounting Firm and the Santoro Brother's Tire until her illness on March of this year. She was an avid participant and fan of Midget Auto Racing. She was long time secretary of the Northeastern Midget Auto Racing Association and a former Midget Race Car owner, car # 45. She was a communicant of St. Michael Church.

Besides her husband of 26 years she leaves a daughter, Laura Kibbe and her husband Curt of Middlebury, a brother, James Zukauskas Jr. and his wife Catherine of Torrington, and two granddaughters, Tiana Kibbe and Brooke Kibbe of Middlebury.

Arrangements: Funeral Friday 8:45 AM at Chase Parkway Memorial/The Albini Family Funeral Home 430 Chase Parkway to St. Michael's Church for a mass at 10 AM. Entombment in Calvary's Queen of Peace Mausoleum. Calling hours Thursday from 2 PM to 4 PM and 6 PM to 9 PM at the funeral home.

Contributions to either Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center 1075 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 06708 or North Eastern Midget Auto Racing Association at www.nemaracing.com.

For more info visit: www.chaseparkwaymemorial.com

I send my deepest sympathy to Gene, Joey, the 45 team and all the people involved with NEMA.

CynthiaTork
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I am very stunned and saddened to read this news. She will be missed by all in the NEMA ranks. My best wishes go out to Gene and the family.