PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Evening Sept 1st

leah28racing
09-05-2007, 10:04 AM
From Mike Rommeney:

Since my name hasn't been verified yet to post on this site, I asked my friend Leah to use her username to post.

So here it is. There is no way the 19 should have gotten the win on Saturday. After watching the tape, The 19, for quite a few laps, was driving below white lines of the track. On the final lap, he decides to go through infield once again by turns 3 and 4, comes up ON TO THE TRACK, hits the 72 into me (THE LEADER) with less than a quarter lap to go. To top things off, no caution flag thrown at all.

How the Officials let him win after causing this wreck is unbelievable. It wasn't a very good call by them. Then they wonder why people don't want to race at Riverhead anymore. :mad: :mad:

vsmidge68
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I have been chomping at the bit to speak on this. Not knowing Mike R., I felt I didn't have the right to. But NOW I'm free to speak........The 19 should have been set down for rough riding throughout the entire race. We were ALL watching him during the race and he beat the heck out of anyone who was near him. Not only that, but his tires were under the white line entering the corners more than they were above. When Bill Brice was the Chief Steward, his excuse was and I quote, "I wasn't looking at that part of the track". I guess the new excuse for Jim is and I quote, "I couldn't see through all the smoke" Hello!!! The smoke came from the wreck, which to me means he didn't see the actual wreck, but looked when he saw the smoke. Other officials saw the ACTUAL wreck, and let him know what happened, but I guess real racers opinions don't matter. This is only my opinion. I don't speak for Donny and I hope this won't affect him. He has his own opinions. (which I'm sure you will all hear, lol)

leah28racing
09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything because I always seem to get attacked on here by certain people, but Mike is one of my best friends, and since he has said his piece, I'll say mine, hehe!

I think the 19 should have been set down too. It would have been great to see Mike win his 1st BB feature. But due to some wreckless driving and bad officiating, somebody won who did not deserve to win at all this past Saturday. If Mike couldn't win, it should've been Wegmann.

19X SHOULD'VE FINISHED LAST, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

vsmidge68
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
God Leah, it sounds like we're cut from the same cloth...lol

CHEESEBOX11
09-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I finally got accepted.
I'm surprised no one commented on this one. I'm still mad he got the win. Thanks to the only two people to stick up for me.

CRog00
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm here for you Mike. He didn't deserve that win. He should've been set down. But that's typical Riverhead for you. What are you gonna do? Go get tomorrow Mike. Good Luck

Chris

Wheel Racing
09-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I finally got accepted.
I'm surprised no one commented on this one. I'm still mad he got the win. Thanks to the only two people to stick up for me.

Sorry Mike, the only reason I haven't replied is because I really didn't get a good look at things as they happened. You ran a great race and I feel for you, but winning this week will make everything better. Good Luck

randomrodder
09-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I was wondering about that win. The 19x had half his car under the white line between turns 3 & 4 while going for the checkers. When he got the flag I figured no one cared in the BB class and that's just the way things were.

KickItUp
09-08-2007, 01:00 PM
You got screwed Cheesebox.. That was your race, you earned that race, you deserved to have that race.. What was done to you was 100% wrong.. It wasn't a simple racing accident, if it was, yeah, it happens.. That's Racing.. But that wasn't racing.. It's hard not to watch this other guy sometimes, as this was not the first time he spent a good part of the race making moves like he did.. Just becuase you are in a fast 4200 pound car doesn't make it right to blast your way thru others, going under the line numerous times no less.. It wasn't right, and it wasn't a deserved win.. It shouldn't have happened, and all I can say, is go get em this week Cheesebox.. You have come along way in the BB and you know how to do it the right way.. At least you don't need to wreck folks to get a win.. Remember that..

I do not know nor have I ever met Cheesebox.. I do watch a lot of BB racing, as I do most divisions.. This post was from a straight up fan of the BB division..

W. J.
09-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Beating this subject to death a week after it happened is a bit much. This thread is closed.