PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Points Update - 9/8/07

Tracy87BB
09-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Following tonight's feature, rookie points are as follows:

Oliver - 128 (2007 Blunderbust Rookie of the Year)
Bader - 110
Larsen - 104
Cunaccia - 75
Cohan - 69
Battisti - 61
Greenan - 51
Stiles - 31
Aquino - 24
Kohler - 21

Congratulations to Donny Oliver on clinching the 2007 Blunderbust Rookie of the Year title!

W. J.
09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Congratulations to Donny Oliver and his whole team on winning the Rookie of the Year Award in the Blunderbust division. He ran consistently each week, improving his position overall in the BB's, and is a truly deserving winner of this award.
His competitors for the award deserve some praise also, as there was a really fine effort by all involved in this competition, and they, along with Donny Oliver, made the Blunderbust division stonger and better for their efforts. Hats off to Donny once more :wave: and a round of applause for the rest of the R.o.t.Y. competitors!:applause:

wayne
09-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Congrats To Frank, Boom Boom, Vicky, Uncle Bill and Kyle. Not bad for the first year in the bb division. And with missing a race you're still ready to crack the top ten!!

nobandwagonhere
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Now that its official, I can finally talk.:lol: I didnt want to say ANYTHING early for fear of going in the fence during the heat and not starting the feature :help: :help: (hey...you never know.)
I have a few questions and a few words also.
1: Where, when, and if this will be presented? (Reason being, I have family/friends that would like to be there)
2: Will it be on the track, off the track, banquet, or other?

Now, first off, I just want to get this out to be on the safe side (in case I dont have a chance to do so).
Thanks to all for the congrats. I know R.O.T.Y. is not a regular thing, but to me it means a lot. (I personally think an entry level division SHOULD have a R.O.T.Y. every year.)
To set a goal, chase that goal, and achieve it to me is something to be proud of. We had a roller coaster year, but toughed it out no matter what.
I could not have done this at all without:
Flanders Automotive-Frank and Vicki Curtis....you 2 deserve your own award. Thank you for such a valuable Season.
Wilson Distributions- Tom Wilson
Wild Bill Trucking- Uncle Billy Oliver
Twin Forks Bicycles
Guys on the crew: Kyle, Tweet (he kept the ice-cream man busy), Little Billy, Den-Den,
Wayne and Jamie, Darryl
Robin and Elaine Vollmoeller
Christie for making me "Work" and starting me "DEEP".
Bobby Finan for doing what he does best
Tracy Chirico for being on top of this contest all year!
JTL Enterprises for Making this R.O.T.Y possible. He gave us rookies something to shoot for...kind of like our own little points chase. Very cool. Very much appreciated. Believe it or not, it helped me look away from the feeling of "Being in the way". Thank you again.

Most of the Blunderbust drivers that came and talked, asked how the car was, gave a few pointers, gave a few "good lucks" and handshakes. (you all know who you are) Thank you.
The ones that are left, thanks for turning my car in to a wad of bent/broken junk. You're the best.

But let's not take away from the others. I really think this could've gone either way. Rob Bader gave a heck of a chase, and Jessica, I feel, has improved tremendously over the course of the season. She has come a long way.
Had she started the season the way she finished it, Id be congratulating her.

Thanks again to all of you.

W. J.
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Donny,

I found this in the original thread where Joe Larsen offered the program and the award. I'm sure he will clarify it for us soon. I hope this helps.

The driver with the most points is the 2007 Rookie of the Year, and will receive their award at a suitable time as the track allows or at a small gathering in the pit area at the end of the season. Or maybe at the 2008 S.A.F.E.R. Banquet if Joe Saraceno allows me.

I will have someone keep track of this for me while I am doing the WMT races. I will supply the decals when you "register".

CIN
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Donny,
Congrats on Rookie of the Year. Well deserved.

rabbid1
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Donny , congratulations on winning rookie of the year , and to your team as well

unowho243
09-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Congrats Boom Boom you rock!

W. J.
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I received this information from Joe Larsen today, and wanted to pass it along.

The top 3 get the following:

First - $250 and a plaque.
2nd - $150 and a plaque
3rd - $100 and a plaque

All other contenders, (and this was never mentioned), a commemorative plaque as a participant in the John Kraft Memorial Rookie of The Year Award presented by JTL Enterprises.

Further information on when and where the presentation will take place will be announced when it is determined.

vsmidge68
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Very nice. Thanks for the info W.J.

Tracy87BB
09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow. That is very nice of Joe Larsen and JTL Enterprises. A big "thank you" for making this possible at all. It is always nice to see someone do that little something extra to benefit drivers, the division and racing as a whole. As Donny pointed out earlier, I think the contest gave all of the rookies a little something extra to shoot for. It gave them a goal that they could move towards, something tangible to strive for. And the rookies put on a heck of a show...looking at the whole picture, some of them have done surprsingly well. Donny had a heck of a season, in spite of missing a week when (as he told me) the car was in pieces on the garage floor. Rob Bader essentially made himself a rookie twice this season, switching cars and starting at square one again in June. Jessica Larsen performed very well in the rookie standings, especially considering that she has opted on several occasions to start in the rear, putting herself at a disadvantage in terms of ROTY points in favor of getting some valuable experience. EVERYONE who participated deserves a round of applause. Thanks to Vicki Curtis also, for being my watchdog and making sure I had complete and accurate information. And, once again, thanks to Joe Larsen and JTL. Congratulations to Donny, and good luck to Rob Bader and Jessica Larsen this coming week, since 2nd is mathematically still up for grabs!