PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night at the Fights

DriveitinDeep
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
what a freaking disgrace Saturday night became in the pits.
Very, very sad to say the least.

chris061
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I have to agree, it was a good night gone bad in a hurry. Also Greg, I hope Louie is feeling better. That was a scary scene that certainly could have been avoided!

fisherman
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
9 cars and still fighting? What, not enough room to race clean?

fred card
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Greg, I hope your wife is ok. Great job for the 8 team winning champs, but your car owner was out of line, maybe too much to drink, you think? Anyhow, great job Dan T.

big502cubes
09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
It was good to see Riverhead track security was right there to stop it. What a Joke.

SuperShafts
09-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Again a fight in the pits ! :confused: ! ? ?

W. J.
09-09-2007, 10:35 AM
It was good to see Riverhead track security was right there to stop it. What a Joke.
Realistically, there were too many fights, and too many involved to even believe that Riverhead's security could have done much. In some cases, it was left to the 'cooler heads' in the vicinity of the fights to calm them down and stop them.
Ultimately, it is up to the fighters themselves to grow up and act responsibly, thinking before throwing punches, and talk out their problems like a mature adult should. The disgusting display of violence that occurred last night reflects badly on all of us, for the actions of the few who should know better. We all got to witness some "heroes who really aren't" in action last night. :mad:

voodoocadoo
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
How many of these people fighting are not allowed back in?

big502cubes
09-09-2007, 11:15 AM
When all the fights where going on, I did not see one security guard around to break it up. That goes for the fight inside the pits and the one in the parking lot. Why are they there; what is the purpose of them, to tell eveyone to stay behind the yellow line? The track needs to get some better security and maybe some of this would stop.

SuperShafts
09-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Well one day they will learn the hard way...with all the tech out there, I'm surprised a video hasn't made it to others with all the cell phone cams and video cams there.....and rules enforced from beyond, taking the tied hands theory and tossing it right out the window.

Turbo
09-09-2007, 11:36 AM
First off I hope that Greg's wife is ok, that's what is important now.. it definitely all could have been avoided and wish it never happened at all!

Doug was little excited and hopped on top of our trailers, then I guess wandered down on top of fellow trailers all the way up to the 36 charger trailer. Now from what I know, you can fix trailers with money without any problems, but when someone throws a chair and beers at the guy who is on top of the trailer, very unacceptable. All you do is tell the guy to please stay off our trialer, appreciate it!! NOT THROWING CHAIRS!! Just imagine if the chair hit Doug and he fell off a trailer!! Now you can't fix the injuries that would have occurred with money, but as for a trailer, money is the cure! For that person who threw the chair on the ........ :disgusted :disgusted

Nascarracerso
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
This was just stupid. After a certain car owner decided it would be entertaining to go trailer hopping, this led to the owner of a trailer getting aggravated (which he should have been) at the fact that his trailer should not be used as a trampoline. This stupidity led to more stupidity. Then this car owner decided that he wanted to fight with the owner of the trailer he just kangarooed off of. Of course, everybody has to get a piece of the action, so a fight between 2 people ended up being a fight between dozens of people from various crews. The result of all this was an innocent wife of a well respected driver getting knocked down and sent to the hospital. Meanwhile, you still have people partying and celebrating their "championship" while a woman is injured on the ground, literally two pits next to them. This is not the way for a championship owner/driver to act. Previous championship teams that I have witnessed just sit quietly in their pit, and sit back and enjoy the night. They just minded their own business. Not these "champions," they have to get involved in violence that could have EASILY been avoided. THIS IS WRONG.
Great job by the crews of Eric Lutz and Roger Oxee for doing their best to break up the fight.

An Observer
09-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Whoa:help:

fradom
09-09-2007, 12:44 PM
One question! Why was a mature man, owner/sponsor of 2 teams, one of which just won the feature, championship, and most popular driver awards, hopping from roof to roof of trailers? My first concern was that he might miss a step in the dark and his well deserved celebration would be short lived. When the "victory dance" expanded to other people's property, it was poor sportsmanship and potential damage to others property. The teams seemed to have a nice celebration party going on with music and food and when the fans came into the pits they would have been able to see the fruits of winning, instead of the ugly display of ego and testosterone that took place. I understand he has been a positive force in local racing for a long time, and believe he even pulled his sponsorship from other drivers because of questionable behavior. I hope this can be settled between the parties involved. I've enjoyed local racing for many years and hope to for many more. Between the cost of racing, admission, food, on track incidents, and fights in the pits, there will be no one left in the stands OR to race and Riverhead Raceway WILL become a Lowes! My best wishes to the injured party. Also, congratulations to Dan Turbush on what should have been one of the best nights of his career. Always a class act on and off the track. Might be time to find a new sponsor and move up to mods. Could you ever imagine the owners of Smithtown Nissan, Savin Copiers, or Eastport Feed (all champions) hopping along the roofs of trailers?

fastgal
09-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Why did Danny jump on Greg during the incident when Doug Wholey accidently punched Greg's wife. Also, did anyone see what happened outside the pits when Danny's group wanted to get into it with someone in a grey van and the 11 mods crew? I guess getting rid of Mighty Mike wasn't enough for Ideal Cesspool group. One terrific sponsor is flushing the division down the s..t.r. I hope Doug is happy that maybe there will only only be 6 Late Models next year.:mad: Who wants to put up with his crap. Very, very, sad.

allhailunc
09-09-2007, 01:30 PM
The only intelligent thing said in this whole series of posts was the reference to the cool headed actions of certain crews-goes to show that some folks are responsible. As for a team owner punching a woman? Well, I was not there, so judgement cannot be 1st hand, but from my own personal view, that's not a man, thats an ***(obvious by his actions posted here). When is everyone out there going to grow up and act accordingly? Maybe as one poster said when they close the track down. It's horse crap like this that is the excuse the town needs to close the place down. The police will get tired of being called in each and every weekend. Sad to think that at one time I actually enjoyed not only the excitement of Saturday night racing, but the great camaradardie that once existed. Sad, really sad. :disgusted

big502cubes
09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
The bottom line is that this track favorite stuff has to stop. Everyone that fought last night are the track's pets and there is no control over them.

Ace
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
fastgal

I believe Danny went to the aid of his car owner. Stop by the 81 pit this week and ask Danny for yourself.

It wasn't Doug who punched Greg's wife.

Danny's group of idiots as you called us :rolleyes: tried to play peace maker with 2 people who had a heated discussion.

Nascarracerso
09-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Someone said the idiot who punched Greg's wife was a sponsor of the 98 or 8 car. I've heard that no one knows who he is, and that this is either the first or one of the first times anybody has seen him. He fled from the scene so no one could find him.

racerwife
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Regarding the fighting ...

If a few just punishments & fines were handed out to the offenders in ALL the divisions that had fights/altercations I bet the track would not see car counts go down, but quite the opposite, increase as word would quickly spread that things are different & better at Riverhead. Car counts for each and every division were down and disgraceful this year. Sadly, many of our better competitors/race teams left to race at other tracks due to the fighting between everyone. Unfortunately, when the cars leave so do the fans that support them.
Maybe if we can act like responsible adults and not a bunch of ??? things would improve. The biggest thing all need to do is called RESPECT each other, you don't need to like someone, but respect them. If you can't do that then stay away from them and ignore them. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats... more like the adults you claim to be when you fill in your NASCAR license forms with a date of birth.

maestri fan 1
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Well seeing I left right after the Modified feature, Ii didn't see the post race "activities" but I did hear about them from a certain individual and the most pathetic part about it is, he told me there were about 10 police cars there, how many late models were there? Oh that's right, 9 (that should say a lot for people who want to know what's wrong with the track). We should call the cops next year and have them run a late model feature, seeing they had more cars show up.

What upsets me a lot is the fact that last night I was walking around that track and for some reason I considered what it would be like if the track closed down. Let's face it, regardless of what anyone says about it, the track is the racing community home. If it closes, well I don't know about anyone else, but I can't afford traveling. Bottom line is everyone needs to keep their crews in line and stop all of the BS.

W. J.
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I am happy to report that a reliable source confirms that Greg Kleila's wife is home and resting comfortably after her ordeal from last night. Thank God she was not injured more than that. Too bad she had to suffer from this in the first place, as she did nothing to provoke the attack she suffered. A big thanks to the ambulance crew and track security for all they did to see to her comfort.

rydogg97
09-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Glad to see Greg's wife is ok! But as was stated earlier on in this and many other threads, that the favoritism has to stop!! Just because you can pave, put in drainage, and remove cars, or anything else that gets done there should not be given any more rights than the next guy!!! Also as was stated, if a few more punishments were handed out that stung a little, maybe there would not be as many. For repeat offenders, no matter who it is, and it seems to be the same one every week, they need some guts and turn that person away at the gate!! Well, there's always next year? Congrats to all the champ of 07'!!:cheers:

nobandwagonhere
09-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I didnt want to comment too much on this because I have a LOT of respect for the Turbush's. I think Danny is one of the Best drivers at Riverhead. He knows how to get a car around the track no matter how out of shape the car is. That family has had parties year after year, and yes, they know how to have a good time. It's always a fun time at the Turbush trailer. The whole family is/are one of the remaining "Old School" racing families left. The heat of the moment, don't take any crap, defend their own to the fullest.
I hate to see what happened Sat. night reflect on the Turbushs'. Personally, I'm glad he was not jumping on my enclosed trailer. He might have the $$$ to buy 10 of them, but sorry,..I don't. I'm not condoning the chair/ beer throwing at all....another stupid move and look what happened. Someone got hurt. But why provoke the issue? Why do something so STUPID and not expect anyone to do anything about it? That's like teasing a lion, and suing the zoo because he bit you. Having a good time, celebrating, that's one thing. Acting just stupid is another. Yes, okay, he was "Celebrating". But who are you to jump on the roofs of other people's trailer? I mean c'mon. What gives you that right?
Please dont take this as anything negative towards the Turbush's AT ALL. Like I said, I love the Turbush's to death. A great family with outstanding abilities. It just stinks that their car owner can't have the same qualities.

PS: Danny, congrats brother. Bub, hell of a year...next year's yours.

bulldozer
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
The late model season is over. It was an unfortunate happening. [I'm glad to hear Mrs K. is ok.] There wasn't an incident that happened on the track. It was a guy having too much fun and he shouldn't've jumped on the trailers, I know. The guy that threw the chair and beer at Doug could've had more class too. He could've knocked Doug off the trailer and really hurt him. Two wrongs don't make a right. The positives always outnumber the negatives at the track, but the negatives always get the most discussion. There was no fighting going on, just a little pushing and unfortunate Mrs K was in the middle. It should've been avoided. Sorry to the whole 72 team and the people in the pits. CHRIS TURBUSH

Turbo
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Glad to see she is ok!!

My father never jumped on Greg. Maybe you mistook Greg as being me? Because I was keeping him away from everything (just ask Roger, as he was right there when I was) Reason why he went over there was because of the concern for Doug and my brother (in which they confronted the guy who threw the chair and beer).

I, too, apologize for any inconvenience to the Kleila team and to the Oxee team.

RACENUT
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
If Somebody Was Jumping Around On My Trailer, I Would Throw Something At Him To And It Would Be Something Harder Then A Chair.

dynamite
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
To Steve Oxee: you really should fill in the blanks you left out. Yeah, that was dumb of Doug, but we all know how Doug is a happy go lucky guy no matter what happens. Doug used to buy a tie or fender if he crashed you on the track (and a true fact) he just won a championship as a car owner and he was being happy. Did he need beer cans and a chair thrown at him while he was told to get off? NO: I take it you didn't see that, right? And you didn't see the crew member of the 44 mod get in this guys face as either the chair or can hit somebody by the trailer of the 44. Did Doug injure somebody, bodily?? NO. Yeah, Doug went to confront him and the guy challenged him, I saw this and with only Doug there, I went over there, but the crew of 8 and 81 started holding me, and by the time I got there, it was over with Greg's wife on the ground. Celebrate? Yes we did, and yes we were concerned about Greg's wife, what did you want us to do, sit in rocking chairs and smoke our cigars? No we had a DJ and your crew was invited and Greg's crew was invited to join us before this went down. Half the pits came over and ate with us. If you can remember back to 2003, 2004, 2005, we did the same thing, and 2005, your dad had a big celebration of his own, or don't you remember, he wasn't quiet, and he didn't just sit there doing nothing or did he?? DO YOU REMEMBER??? Sorry to be a little stern, but just need truth to be heard, not bit and pieces. We love your father and also Greg, we don't need hard feelings, that wouldn't be good, so half the blame goes to Doug and half to the guy who threw those projectiles. This is end of subject, we had a great season, we are grateful that Lucretia is ok and hope she shows up Sat. with Greg, along with Roger, so we can go to TGI Fridays and get that same waiter who cut Greg off from drinking soda? Or was that Wayne. DAN TURBUSH

The Bullfather
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
EVERYONE, NEEDS TO GROW UP! This is crazy, I left the track because of everything going on! Why open the pits after a race? To bring the kids in to sign autographs and make future drivers and future fans of racing. I wanted to talk around the pits with my pops, but saw all the incidents on BOTH sides of the pits. Cops and EMTs on both sides of the pits, do you want your kids there? I didn't want to be there! I left after I saw the disgrace.... thanks to to the few who make a good night go bad! Don't go blaming others, some people need to take responsibilties! Innocent people don't need to defend themselves, one being Greg's wife!

Nascarracerso
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes Dynamite, I did see what happened. I saw the beer can and the chair get thrown considering I was standing in the 72 pit, right where it happened. Remember our pit is between both yours and right next to Greg’s. We probably had the best point of view of watching this childish incident go on. On the other hand in 2005, yes we won the championship, and we celebrated. BUT we were quiet aside from the OCCASIONAL shouting from the constant dumping of water coolers on my dads head (LOL). The only thing we had was a classy championship banner on our once NOT DENTED trailer. We just sat back in our chairs, drank, and relaxed. We even packed up and went home early! Hey the music is nice and all that, but it gets to be too much, especially when there is an injured person on the ground who had nothing to do with this fight. You asked me what I would like you to do; what I would like you to do is stop the music for a few minutes and go and see if Greg’s wife was ok (considering one of your guys just caused her to get hurt), and after that, go ahead and blast your brains out with your music. What I didn’t like is when the music stayed on and people were still hootin and yellin like nothing happened just a few pits down. I don’t mean to sound bitter, but this is just my opinion, and I am entitled to one. Take it or leave it.

big502cubes
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
The whole reason for this is because no one has respect for each other. Doug shouldn't have been on the trailers and that's the bottom line. He should've hung out and enjoyed himself, but he didn't and that's why we have something to talk about. THANKS DOUG, FOR BEING YOURSELF.

Zemco117e
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess their on track celebration was not enough...When more police cars end up at the track than racecars in one division, that should tell you something...:disgusted

W. J.
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Okay, enough of this already. It's getting too personal, and it's time to end the discussion. All sides seem to have been presented, so this thread is closed.