PDA

View Full Version : Officials Sept. 8th

Rich Mergl
09-09-2007, 09:53 AM
How does a driver take out three drivers in the main, and one blatant one on the last lap. I THINK EVERYONE KNEW THAT WAS COMING. And not get black flagged for ruff riding. And come out with a third place finish!

ONLY AT RIVERHEAD

big502cubes
09-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Forget about what happened on the track what about all the fighting in the back. It's real nice for little kids watch their favorite drivers race, then fight like a bunch girls in the pits. No security to stop the fighting. When does this end?

randomrodder
09-09-2007, 10:25 AM
You can only do so much when your hands are tied. As far as the fighting in the pits and outside them? It was enough to disgust me to make me go home earlier then I would have liked to.

Local law enforcement work wonders breaking up fights and such. But, just how often will they do this in the same place so often before they put a stop to it permanently?

wayne
09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
The Golden Child !!

W. J.
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, the pits closed early last night. At the 'request' of the police, everyone was informrd over the PA at 12:20 AM that, "The pit lights will be turned off in 15 minutes".

voodoocadoo
09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
May be the cops should be there at the end of Racing every night like in other states and this Bull would stop!

Ace
09-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Maybe WJ can look into this, I heard that the 2 was dq'ed for his actions on the track. I do know that the car was lined up to go over the scales after the race but never did as he was pushed back out of the scale area.

SuperShafts
09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Maybe video it and send it to nascar....then things will be handed down..

Other drivers no longer drive do to such things...

Nascar has tossed quite a few for that kind of bs...

Wasn't a super mod driver last year or the year before tossed indefinately because a local media outlet showed it and espn replayed it and someone higher up seen it...

There are always other way's to get response...

W. J.
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe WJ can look into this, I heard that the 2 was dq'ed for his actions on the track. I do know that the car was lined up to go over the scales after the race but never did as he was pushed back out of the scale area.

Nothing official on it yet, but the word before I left was he was DQed, then reinstated. That's where it stood when I left at 12:25 AM.

wayne
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
HOW DO YOU GET DQ'ed, THEN REINSTATED????????????? OH NEVERMIND, I FORGOT WHO WE WERE TALKING ABOUT

fastgal
09-09-2007, 01:11 PM
How did he get third? He never went over the scales.

allhailunc
09-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Supershafts-forget the tape idea. While good they refuse to get involved, "it's your problem-you fix it" is their attitude (take it from someone with personal experience. One idea suggested is to have local/state police there every night. This WOULD stop all the horse manure that is obviously going on each and every week and you really want to know when an end will be put to it? When someone gets seriously injured or worse than that, eternal "sword of Damocles" will yield a mighty blow. Until then, good luck and hopefully have a good remaining season-JMO

P.S.-I've been going to Boston/Vegas/AC etc to see fights when I could be staying right in my owm back yard? Where did I go wrong?:lol: :lol: :lol:

fisherman
09-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Last week you all praised them. this :mad: :mad: :wave: :applause: week, throw 'em under the bus.

Rich Mergl
09-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Not under a bus. Just strap them (Two) a bumper so they can get a Birds Eye View.

randomrodder
09-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Someone call Jerry Cook. Or, has he retired?

fastgal
09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm confused as to why those people who were the reasons for the police being called weren't told to leave. You had Greg's wife taken away in a ambulance, fighting by Mujsce, JR fighting Mike Andrews in the parking lot, then another in the pit with Fortin and what seemed to be the whole police force show up and then had to tell the track to shut down. I guess that wrecking each other on the track WITHOUT repercussions has spilled into the pits. There is no longer any control of the facility.

randomrodder
09-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I did notice the new blacktopping............

and a lot less security around Saturday night.

Jeff T
09-09-2007, 10:54 PM
On the subject of the 2 getting his finishing position back, it doesn't surprise me one bit. It seems that certain car owners and drivers are allowed to have free rein without penalty. That was absolutely evident last night. The 11 was flat out and purposely spun coming out of two by the 2. When the 84 was coming for the checkered flag, again the 2 comes out from under the bumps and deliberately wrecks the 84. Word in the pits is that the 2 is DQ'ed for rough riding. But wait....NEWS FLASH.....The 2 gets 3rd place back for some unknown and unexplained reason (could it have something to do with the need for junk car removal or school buses needed for the school bus demo's??? H-h-m-m-m-m-m-m....). This is not the first time this has happened, and obviously, it will not be the last. I guess all the other modified teams will ALL need to accept this permanent handicap going into each and every race.
Everyone screamed and yelled to get the old Chief Steward out because of claims of favoritism on the part of certain teams. Now look at what you have, TWO new puppets driving the track deeper into the crapper. They must have burned all the black flags, since they are never used for rough riding anymore. People (myself included), as the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish for...You just might get it.". After seeing how the second half of the season with the departure of even more race teams due to inconsistant officiating, I imagine the "former" Chief Steward had a good laugh seeing how much worse the place has become since his forced resignation.

rydogg97
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Favoritism stinks!! Why bother racing, why doesnt this kid join the UFC or WWE?!! It's a real shame that a person who has the talent to drive a racecar resorts to crap like this!! Why waste time and money!!! He should learn from the other team driver how to conduct himself!!!!! I think I hear the lock master coming!! Why not, everything else has been locked up!!

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2007, 12:30 AM
After seeing how the second half of the season with the departure of even more race teams due to inconsistent officiating, I imagine the "former" Chief Steward had a good laugh seeing how much worse the place has become since his forced resignation.
I wasn't a Denniston fan, But, when I heard that Jim was taking his place I KNEW it was going to be BAD!! :help: Yea, you couldn't talk to Bill while the races were going on but if you talked to him later you had a better chance he would listen. Does any one know were Jim is after the races?? Hiding in the NASCAR trailer or Gone. He don't want to hear anything. Jim just has that Bad COP attitude, JMO, there are great cops and and just ok cops . Mike, he will listen, I just think he doesn't have enough experience being an Official, give him time and I think he will be much better than the past couple.
I sat here last week and read how well the officials were doing last Saturday night and thought, wow, maybe we'll have some good racing this week, Boy was I disappointed! :disgusted

The Bullfather
09-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Maybe it the conduct how people approach the officials! If you want to talk with an official after a race not during, walk over and ask if you can have a few mins. of their time. Most likely they will listen to you. Both Jim and Mike can be seen after the races and are not hiding in the trailer. I saw a few drivers walk over to both and both of them did take time to talk with the drivers.

W. J.
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I have to laugh at all this. A few weeks back, while I was back by Gary McDonald's pit area talking with friends, Jim Maggio was "hiding there", also talking with fans and enjoying a bite to eat. Jim and I chatted for about 5 minutes, and no one seemed to be looking for him at that time, over 30 minutes after the races were over. The bright lights, the white shirt, etc., made him so hard to see. LOL!

Fig8 T.K.
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
I needed to speak with Mike and/or Jim Saturday night after the races. I had no problem finding them since they were standing right in front of the pit bathrooms talking to John Fortin ( I guess he was able to find them too.)

Kathy K

racerwife
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I saw both Jim and Mike after the races. In fact they were at Mike Mujsce's trailer inquiring as to if he was okay after being hit repeatedly and unprovoked by numerous drivers during the race. They wanted to make sure he wasn't looking for a fight. He wasn't. In fact, they were waiting for the police to arrive that they called for since Dor Hyde had hurt Debbie. They didn't want the violence to escalate any further, as they have been threatened in the past by her and her husband.
Dor, as to giving the officials no credit... Saturday night's display of your being out of control was witnessed by all competitors and many fans during our race. How could you not hear the filth from your mouth and the actions of you pushing around and screaming at Jim Maggio, and the screaming at Mike Cappiello also. It was also witnessed by everyone, the most unsportsmanlike behavior of your husband going after Mike Mujsce repeatedly on the track to destroy his car and potentially hurt him. And when the officails ALLOWED Kenny to return after his car restarted, he once again went after Mike. This time though, my car was in the middle of Mike and Kenny, so Kenny took aim on Paul to hit. IT IS UNEXCUSABLE BEHAVIOR ON BOTH OF YOU !!! If nothing else, both you and Kenny need to take anger management classes. You are a danger to yourselves and others when you are like this.
I think Jim and Mike had their hands full of hot, angry drivers and crews Saturday night and were overwhelmed. They did the best they could with what they were dealing with. Maybe we should give them credit for at least caring about the well-being of the racers and crews. Hiding in the trailer... they were so visible after the races, I actually physically bumped into them while walking in the pits and needed to apologize for stepping on one of their feet.
Personally, I've never had a problem being able to speak with either Jim or Mike. They have always been more than courteous and reasonable, listened and gave me an answer as quickly as possible if one was warranted.
JMO... but we are all entitled to them.
Karen Specht

KickItUp
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Bumper Boy leaves, and all heck breaks loose! Bring back Bumper Boy!

00 RBDJ
09-10-2007, 01:19 PM
All I know is with all the nonsense that went on this past Saturday, I hope they are watching very carefully this weekend.

CJfilms
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, the pits closed early last night. At the 'request' of the police, everyone was informed over the PA at 12:20 AM that, "The pit lights will be turned off in 15 minutes".

I hate to butt in....but there are few times this happens and the few times it does we all should have a little fun here!!!

WJ, isn't is spelled 'informEd'...not informrd?

Sorry, so few chances to do that!!! :p

W. J.
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Enjoy it while you can Joe. :wave: Looks for future PM's about the same subject.:lol: People in glass houses......:lol: :lol: :lol:

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
First of all Karen, you need to take your rosy little glasses off, because you are starting to see the races just like The :confused: Mujsce's!!

Mujsce, "after being hit repeatedly and unprovoked by "numerous" drivers during the race."
And he still can't take a hint!
"In fact, they were waiting for the police to arrive that they called for since Dor Hyde had hurt Debbie."
How did I hurt her?? Did I hurt her feelings, by telling her AGAIN THAT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER TRAILER BEING TRASHED or what ever the words are that was being used. When the cops came to me, they told me that I punched Debbie, and I told the cops that if I would have punched her, she would have been in the ambulance, not standing there telling the cops A LIE!!
"the actions of you pushing around and screaming at Jim Maggio, and the screaming at Mike Cappiello also."
First of all, PUSHING AROUND what's that supposed to mean? Screaming at Jim, yeah I was. But I would NEVER, NEVER Scream at Mike Cappiello, he has NEVER shown me any disrespect, which means I wouldn't disrespect him.
"It was also witnessed by everyone the most unsportsmanlike behavior of your husband going after Mike Mujsce repeatedly on the track to destroy his car and potentially hurt him. And the officials ALLOWED Kenny to return after his car restarted,"
First of all, where have you been Karen for the last 10 years?? Or was that before your rosy glasses? Kenny and Mike have been going at it, BOTH EQUALLY, forever, and Kenny is the one who usually ends up being the one DESTROYED!! Then, Kenny didn't have a problem restarting, his bumper was half pulled off after Mike spun Kenny and Paul had nowhere to go. I also would have thought that you knew Kenny a little better than that, if Kenny had a problem with Paul, Kenny would have went over to talk to Paul!
"IT IS UNEXCUSABLE BEHAVIOR ON BOTH OF YOU !!! If nothing else, both you and Kenny need to take anger management classes. You are a danger to yourselves and others when you are like this."
Just for your info Karen, Kenny and I have been without our mental medication all Summer!! Does that help you understand any better???
"Personally, I've never had a problem being able to speak with either Jim or Mike. They have always been more than courteous and reasonable, listened and gave me an answer as quickly as possible if one was warranted"
Karen, I kinda remember seeing you up on the ramp, a LITTLE Loud, too... And yelling at me! They listened to you? They gave you a reason?? I don't think so.....
And where does the 26 Mod. park? Way in the back of the pits? Right? I think he should be up closer to the NASCAR office or the track. I wasn't looking for them this past week, but have been in the past. I can find Dennis for Oval Speed faster than an official, and everyone knows he just keeps running around.

Erin C
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
OK...I am not defending anyone here because I have no clue what happened...but I think this speaks for itself!!! Calling people out only leads to MORE arguments...EVERYONE IS WORKING W.J. TODAY, I think you all need to calm it. I don't even know if he had a chance to have supper with the family yet he's been so busy watching things don't get out of hand!

I think before ANYONE posts anything else they should READ THIS! It is "Sticky" for a reason!

http://racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12877

W.J. I definitely think you need a hand for today, you've been on the ball all day! :applause: You're eyes must be hurting from watching the monitor all day!

W. J.
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Erin, all this and a few nasty PM's, and I still had time to eat Supper with my wife. Thanks for your concern. It's my job, and it's not as hard as it may look. You just need to be the person in the room who keeps their wits about them. I've been able to do that, though I know not all would agree. They need to follow your link and read that post, then maybe sanity will return.

randomrodder
09-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Personal affronts should be taken to PMs and not posted on the board. Wash your laundry in the laundry room please. JMO. Now I'll go mind my own business.

racerwife
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Erin, thanks for the sticky... I haven't seen it yet, will later on.

However, Dor... I really don't care that you haven't taken your "MENTAL MEDICATION" all summer long. That's your problem. We work for the same school bus company and have health benefits available to us for the summer, if you are willing to pay for them, obviously you don't choose to take care of your health first and foremost. That's your decision. If that's the excuse you use for being out of control Saturday night, shame on you! You obviously need to be on your medication.
As for how many years Kenny and Mike have been "going at it"??? I really don't care. I care that people were put in harms way because of ANGER and a car being used as a weapon against another human being. I couldn't care who was in that car.. that person has a mother, wife, children...loved ones who care that someone tried to hurt them by damaging the race car they were in. It is just beyond my comprehension that Kenny must literally hate Mike this much to try to hurt him. IT'S SICK!!!
As for the Mod... I have no idea of what you are talking about!
And trashing a trailer... if you own up to knowing about something... so be it. I heard that tires were being thrown around, not the trailer being trashed. That came from other racers who went to see what was going on and returned.
And yes, indeed I was yelling...AT YOU.. I didn't understand why my husband had to be caught in the middle of your on going argument, feud... I don't care what you want to call it... it's long overdue to be put to rest.
Did I yell over to the officials... yep... and did they turn around and look at me... yes they did. No they didn't answer me, didn't expect them to. But did I and a lot of others see you screaming at Jim and pushing him. YOU BET!!! And Mike took your his share of your tirade as he was standing next to Jim during all of it. If you can't remember what you did .... let's leave it unsaid.
Dor, unfortunately, we will never agree on this one. Do I have rose colored glasses... sure do,.. just like you do regarding this matter.... mine happened to be crystal clear Saturday night during our race. What I witnessed was a disgrace.
Paul has no problem with Kenny, never did, never will. I just don't appreciate my husband being caught in the middle of your "???". I care what happens to him. I do indeed value his safety, his life and love him with all my heart.
I don't want to see him hurt.
I'm entitled to voicing my feelings and opinions, just as you are in refuting them. And people can, will and did draw their own conclusions based on what they all heard and saw going on both on and off the track.
As far as I'm concerned this is a dead topic for me... enough of the venom and poison spewed from all. So have fun and write all you want... you just dig a deeper hole to lie in...
Good Night All.
Karen

W. J.
09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
You'll all have to find another spot to vent, because this is closed. Enough is enough.