PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Champ

Ace
09-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Congrats Dynamite on win #71. What a heck of a way to end the championship season by winning for the 4th time this year and to do it with everyone there is icing on the cake.:cheers:

Also Congrats to you and Bub for winning the MOST POPULAR driver award.:cool:

RT-01
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
congats dt on winning the title..

bulldozer
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Icing on the cake winning by a straightway. 4wins, 10 top 3s, a fourth, fifth,and a 12th while leading and wire burnt up on a double point night. The goat is the best nickname ever. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. 71 wins. WOW. I think that has to be one of the greatest seasons ever. Imagine he would've won that double pointer. 56 years old and amazing, just amazing. The BEST.

fastgal
09-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm happy Mr "A flush is better than a full house" bought you guys a championship.

turbett
09-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Fastgal you are with out a doubt not a fan but you can't buy a championship, you have to be able to drive a race car and do it well and that's what my dad does. Congrats on a great season, Dad, you are truly the best out there...:cheers: Till next year..

P.S Just to let you all know, there were two cop cars for the incident. If you noticed there was another incident with two modified drivers that were FIST Fighting that had about 6 cop cars there..Hmmm, I wonder where the post is for that fight. :confused:

fastgal
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
No Doug = no $ = no new car = unlikely championship. Plus, there should never be any reason, unless someone had a medical emergency, for police or EMT's to attend any problems in the pits after racing. I guess you did not see the many disgusted faces who left the facility without getting to see their favorite drivers. Doug didn't have to be an idiot trailer jumping. JR should have been thrown out after the first fight. Mujsce should have been chucked also. Same as Fortin. It is a privilige to have this place to race, not make fools out of ourselves. Don't defend anyone because it should never have happened.

W. J.
09-10-2007, 09:37 AM
This one is going in the wrong direction also (fastgal). Not happy with who won, fine. Bashing the owner for 'buying' a Championship? Was someone paid off? No, I didn't see you write that. Bought a top shelf car for a good driver. Driver won the Championship. Not all that unusual, happens at every race track I know of, not to mention in Cup, Busch, etc. Sour grapes aside, I don't see a problem here.

RGeeProductions
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats Dan on your 2007 Championship........

Charlie's Angel
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I agree with Walter.. you can't buy a championship. I would also like to say whether or not it was a top of the line car or a junk box.. Put Dan in it and he can drive it.

Dan you deserve this win as you deserved every previous one you have gotten. You can drive, that is for sure. Great win! Congratulations!!!:cheers:

Ace
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you WJ. I couldn't have said it better myself. Dynamite can take any car to the front, the guy is a RACER who keeps getting better with age.

W. J.
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Mujsce should have been chucked also.
For what, defending his girlfriend from an unprovoked attack, when she was doing nothing but hanging out in Mike's trailer? You really need to get all your facts straight before making such a statement.

fastgal
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm saying all parties involved in fights should be asked to leave.

W. J.
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
i'm saying all parties involved in fights should be asked to leave
You just didn't include ALL of them in your post.

turn1cowboy
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Way to go BIG DANNY T.:cheers: From all your fans in TURN 1!!!!!!!:applause:

dynamite
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
:angel: Hey WJ, I think I'm taking out the ice cream truck this week in the spectator drags LOL LOL. After I win, ice cream for everyone.:angel:

catfish
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Dan, Just keep Doug off the roof please

W. J.
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll take a double-chocolate cone, please.:wave:

leah28racing
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Congrats Dan the man:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers:

from me and the 28 figure 8 racing team. Job well done .

vsmidge68
09-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Way to Go Dan.....:applause:

Tracy87BB
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Dan... I'm thinking we should find someone to give you a ride in a Blunderbust car next year...maybe you could eventually complete a clean sweep and hold a title in EVERY division at Riverhead! Congrats again!

top row crew
09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
The celebration for that Late Model title wasn't necessary, 9 -12 cars every week. Take it easy 8 and 98. Take the trophy and go home quietly. Congrats anyway.

Ace
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
top row crew
The Figure 8's had 9 cars run all the races, the Chargers had 6 run every race, I guess those champions shouldn't celebrate either.

As Tower Man wrote in another thread "Hey Bulldozer, don't worry about low car counts. The old man still earned more points than anyone else. " well said Joe L.

fisherman
09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Congrats Dan. :cheers:

CheckerWon
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
You can have the best car, the best motor, the best crew, it does not matter..... You need a lot of racing luck and most importantly, a Great driver, and Danny is a great Driver, period, the end!!!!!! He deserved and earned this Championship !!!!! Congrats Danny !!!! Artie P.

dynamite
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
top row crew
Wow, what a sheltered life you must live, our birthday partys are just as loud and long, our barbecues on Sundays are louder and or noiser than that, we live life to the fullest (live each day as if its your last) we enjoy music and our friends. No apologies for loving life, you had the option to leave the pits at any time if you didn't like our crowd, which was mostly other crews and family members. Sorry about your boring life. (PS) All were welcomed to eat and drink and dance with us, we didn't refuse anybody, not even you. Dan Turbush, # 8 Late Model Champ ,56 years young, and soon to be a 7 time grandfather. Life is goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Wheel Racing
09-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Congrats Dan. It has been a pleasure to watch you race whatever and wherever over the years. There is a reason you have won so many races and championships over that time. You are just that damn good Congrats again.

Turbo
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Ahh, you know what they say, there are always a few negative people who seem to not like to live life to the fullest!! Im glad my family does, because I know I like to enjoy life... for those who don't, don't tell us your boring life if you would've won, because OBVIOUSLY we are not YOU! HAHA

Hey, smile, they say you will live longer if ya do! :wave:

CONGRATS ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP FELLAS (and ladies), LET'S CELEBRATE THIS SATURDAY TOO!!! HOOODDY HOOO :applause:

Ka$h25
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
The post about 'buying' the championship was funny, but the over-celebration post, thats hilarious. Perhaps you could've gotten in a Late Model yourself and TRIED to keep up. I'm not trying to take a championship away from ANYONE, but let's look around the track. In the modifieds, the champion won by 12 points to a driver who missed a race! Looks like the same thing might happen with the Chargers. Should they not celebrate?

As for the late models, in 2005 only 9 drivers were there for every start. In 06'- only 10. What makes this year any less of an accomplishment?

And finally, that low car count managed to produce 9 different winners. The Chargers and Blunderbusts only had 7 each (so far). More cars does NOT mean more competitive.

leah28racing
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
:wave: Yes there was low car counts this year, But the CHAMPIONS this year also have won with much higher car counts as well. :wave:

So it's not like they haven't proven themselves. These drivers have always been strong runners. 9 car count, 14 car count or 25 car count.