PDA

View Full Version : Wondering Why

Fig8 T.K.
09-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Can anyone explain to me what happened to Slim. He was leading the race and spun in turn 2, as I past Slim still spinning, the caution flag was out. The caution should have been for Will Farrell sitting in turn 1, and we never completed the lap. Why didn't Slim restart first?

T.K.

racerwife
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Tom... I guess for the same reason that the yellow was thrown for Kenny Hyde when he spun, Paul got hit into him broadside, when you and a few more cars piled into the back of Paul and each other, making Kennys' damage worse. All of us were sent to the back for that one too, although none of us were the reason for the caution and all cars were able to move off on our own. Go figure !!!

Karen

Fig8 T.K.
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Karen, you are right, but not everyone that stopped had to go to the rear. Roger and Tom Graff were put back in their spots. I have checked with the Co-Chief Stewards, scorers and Mike R. and nobody has been able to tell me who made the call. I know for a fact that the chief stewards were not on the ramp for the incident.

T.K

figure849
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
What I saw was Slim spun all by himself, going in to deep, maybe Farrell got on the brakes a little too hard when he saw Slim go around, but the caution was for Slim.

W. J.
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Those of us who monitor the track's Nascar frequency heard it said that the caution was for both. Not saying I agree, but that's what they said on the radio.

racerwife
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
So Tom... based upon what WJ heard broadcast over the Nascar radios and the fact that they say it was for both Slim and Kenny... I guess EVERYONE else should also have been returned to their position. Bottom line... you and Paul and who ever else was sent to the rear was SCREWED !!! And no one knows who made the call or why... just a perfect answer now isn't it???
Karen

RickFigure8
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
You can see clearly on the video on youtube all four cars stacked up, Paul, Tom, Tom and Roger. Can clearly see Roger into the rear of the 00, and if you look up, the flag is out and lights on before anyone moved. Either all or none should have gone to the rear.