PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Rescheduled Again!!

Photog1
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
(CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL DATE ANNOUNCED)

SCHEDULE SET FOR SUNDAY CONCLUSION OF SUNOCO MODIFIED MANIA

THOMPSON, CT The completion of the Sunoco Modified Mania Program has been set for Sunday, September 23rd. Rain forced track officials to look for a date that was compatible for all concerned. Following lengthy discussions the day after the rain out, the new race day was set to be the afternoon of Sunday, September 23rd.

Four of the six-divisions in competition for Sunoco Modified Mania were able to complete their events. But, shortly after the True Value Modifieds hit the track, the skies opened, the rains came and everything was brought to a stop. That left the True Value Modifieds and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour ducking for cover and looking for a date to complete their portion of the Sunoco Modified Mania program.

Grandstands will open at 11:30 AM on Sunday, September 23rd. Racecars from these two divisions will be allowed to practice until 2 PM. The True Value Modified feature event will pick up with two laps complete at 2:15 PM and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will run their entire 150-lap main event at about 3:30 PM.

Race fans are urged to hold on to their tickets or pit passes. Both will be honored as rain checks on the 23rd. However, anyone who was not able to attend the original event will be able to purchase a ticket to watch these two exciting touring divisions at a huge discount. Adult tickets will be priced at only $25.00 and any youngsters age 14 and under will be admitted absolutely free. It’s a great family entertainment value and tickets will be available on race day.

The entire day’s schedule may be found on the Thompson Speedway web page which is www.thompsonspeedway.com Anyone seeking additional information may contact the Thompson International Speedway track office at 860-923-2280.

I'll be at Waterford's finale!

Rabbit504
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
There are some teams that are loyal to NASCAR, However there are some that are not.
Why should they change a date for a race with a built in rain date to accomidate another series?
I guess Tony Hirshman crying at the NASCAR trailer means more than loyalty.:confused:

Jaws
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
There are some teams that are loyal to NASCAR, However there are some that are not.
Why should they change a date for a race with a built in rain date to accomidate another series?
I guess Tony Hirshman crying at the NASCAR trailer means more than loyalty.:confused:

Because the ROC was just part of their raceweekend and they want to work with them too I'm sure.

All the mod series need to work together.

By the way is there a Pats game that Sunday too? lol