PDA

View Full Version : When Will It All End (Must reading!)

Rubbin&Racin
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
:disgusted 2007 is winding down at the track and I would have to say it's been an interesting year for all and to read what has been going on at the track one has to ask, when will it all end, when will there be respect for each other? So sad to read some of the things going on and you all wonder if Mr.& Mrs. C will sell the track each year and call it quits. I have to say with what has been going on at the track, who could blame them if they decided to sell and enjoy their Golden Years and put Riverhead as a memory of what used to be. Of course you would all be down and blame Mr. & Mrs. C for this, when in fact it would be all those involved with negative thoughts, fights in the pits and on the track. All this is uncalled for and why should the C's have to deal with this and the police at Riverhead? I say to all of you, shame on you and maybe you all need to take the Fall and Winter off and sit back and say, "Hey what did I do this year and man isn't life too short to be acting this way?". Sit back and think of the families that have their children or spouses in Iraq or have lost a loved one to the WTC, man people wake up and smell the roses and be kind to each other. Racing is supposed to be fun and it's what you enjoy with your family and friends, so have a little respect and stop burying yourself or there will be no more Riverhead to race at. I read where your upset because a young lady is named most popular driver in BB, what a darn shame that is, so what if she is 16? When she puts on that racing suit and climbs in her car, it's because she chose to and she is one of you. Did you all forget you were 16 once and had a dream? Well, she is following that dream and maybe you need to remember you were all rookies at one time or another in what ever division you were in. Ask yourself, am I upset with her because she is 16, a girl, got most popular driver or maybe you take it out on her because of her name and who she is, well people, she is Jessica Larsen and she drove it like she stole it, and she is following her dream, so you all need to accept this young lady. Maybe some of you need to stay in your pits after the races and greet your fans and sign them autographs and be proud of who you are, what you do, and your family and sponsors and stop the fights in the pits.
I read there are only 9 Late Models, 9, my goodness and why, ask yourselves why have some left and won't return, not because of the cost of racing, but the crap that goes on at Riverhead. Keep this up and there will be no Late Models. As for Chief Steward, when will you be happy with whoever they put in charge? Come on, be honest have you ever been happy with anyone that has been Chief? You try their job for one Saturday night and let's see what people think of you and what kind of headache you go home with. People sit back and see what's in front of you and stop judging, try and fit in their shoes just 1 night, and see how it feels to have hot tempers flaring all the time because things didn't go your way. Honestly, I am ashamed at what I have been reading on the Jam and it's got to stop. I say stop judging and stop burying your heads in the ground, you all seem to refuse to see what's happening around you, so happy eating top soil but when this happens, you have no one to blame but yourselves, not the C's, not the Chief, not the person pitted next to you, or Bob Finan or the Gate man, it's YOU! So many stories get distorted, how do some of you live with your selves. The animosity has to stop. How about doing more than is expected to make another's life a little more bearable without uttering a single complaint? That's called compassion, help a friend and be kind to one another, that's loyalty and face each difficult Saturday, no matter how bad your night was, with confidence that time will bring you a better tomorrow and never giving up, well that's called confidence. I say to all hold your heads high and make your life and the racing night better. You have one life, one voice and we have one day to make good use of them and that's called Today. We have lost many drivers that we have loved or hated, but we always had a good word when they passed on. Well that's sad, live each day like there is no tomorrow or end, you never know what tomorrows will bring. None of your tomorrows are guaranteed, not even one, so all you have is today. Remember we cast many reflections on the waters of our life some good, some not so good. Count your blessings you have a track to race at and respect each other as a driver and crew. We all know what the cost of racing costs, and what we sacrifice to do what we enjoy, so please take the time and respect the others race car, the driver or his crew or the Chief. Man just be thankful and again I say, respect each other and stop bashing and fights and destroying what your enjoying, and that's Racing. Remember a little goes a long way and a lot goes forever and being kind to each other is a huge and wise investment. Life's treasures are people...together. Go on the Jam and read all the negative posts and mail closed because the bashing of each other. I ask when will this all stop, when someone is really hurt bad or they close Riverhead and put the lock on the gate? This is just my opinion and I don't need any bashing from anyone. I am a race car driver's wife and I know what you do to make it work and what you sacrifice because you love what you're doing, so please don't think because I am so far away, I don't know, because I do know, I had respect and I love being married to my favorite race car driver and so proud of him no matter if we won or not. We didn't have a championship, but what we had is more. To the Late Model Drivers, I ask that you take the Winter, and to the ones that have left, please come back and turn things around at Riverhead. This was a wonderful division to race with and you guys always had respect for each other, so bring that back for 2008 and let's see a full field again and heat races. Thanks and to all the 2007 Champs...Congratulations! Have a wonderful Winter off and take the time to think about what you can do to change and make it work better at Riverhead. To Mr. & Mrs. C., thanks for another year. Bob Finan, always great and has the word, he's the word man, to the Jam and their staff, thanks for the great coverage and pictures and making me feel like I am there. And to JA, Good Luck in your new adventure and Tracy you will fill them shoes. Again this is just my feelings.

Erin C
09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
:applause: B-E-A-Utifully put!

I HAD to comment...these are the statements that I live by...glad to see someone come out and say it! I know there are a lot of you that feel the same way! You could by their passion ;)

W. J.
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Definitely mandatory reading for all. Thank you Jo, you put it beautifully. :)

RGeeProductions
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
.......:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
....:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

unowho243
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
I think we should put this as a sticky post, so it stays up, because I to agree this needs to be read!

W. J.
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
It already is, Jim.

Bad Guy
09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Very Well Said.
Thank You

randomrodder
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
All I have to say is..........Amen Sister.

rabbid1
09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Bravo !!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

00 RBDJ
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: perfectly said....:applause: :applause: :applause:

racerwife
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
:applause: :applause: BRAVO,BRAVO, BRAVO :applause: :applause:

Beautiful words of wisdom... thoughfulness and thankfulness...

Thank-you for reminding us all of what is really important.

vsmidge68
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm with Rgee on this one :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :)

voodoocadoo
09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
AWEOME, Very well said. Maybe over the Winter, with the Jam as a forum, see what the Drivers want from the track or would like and or need from the track with no finger pointing, whining, or long drawn out stories. Maybe get a few people to donate their time clean up, hang some lights, ETC.

Just Thought :cool:

Russ

Do You Voo Doo ?

Erin C
09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
See...that's a neat idea.

I know a few tracks used to have a weekend devoted to "cleaning the track" before the season started. Pick up any trash, cut the grass (if there was any), giving the place a good scrub down and even some touch up paint. I think it would make others appreciate the track a little more because they helped prepare it for the new season! It also brings different crews together to have a little fun.

Modracin07rh
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
WAY TO GO SIS,

YOU ALWAYS HAVE A WAY WITH WORDS..... THERE IS NO ONE OUT THERE WHO COULD HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. BUT THEN AGAIN, NO ONE DID! :cheers: KUDOOOOS TO YOU FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO SPEAK OUT ABOUT ALL THIS. :wave:

ANNETTE
LOVE YA TO THE MOON AND BACK

good2go1963
09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thanks for saying what we have all been thinking Sis!
Miss you!!! Hug Hug