PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Bob Finan and Dennis from Oval Speed

bulldozer
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I want to thank Bob F. and Dennis from Oval Speed for all they do for everyone of us race car drivers. Bob keeps all the sponsors and the track running to the best of his ability. The nicknames, the jokes, he is a great asset to Riverhead Raceway. I dont know what it would be like without him there. He's so easy to get along with and is friends with everyone.

Now Dennis, this guy gives us a credit card without the interest. He keeps the racers on the track, no matter how far they are in the hole. He gets all of us drivers anything we need and want on our cars. I hope every race drivers thanks this guy at the end of the year. Not only does he help us with anything we need as far as parts, he is the first one I ever see whenever there is a wreck on my car and many others in the pit, he is right there turning a wrench, pulling a fender and so on and so on. Just to see us get back on the track and maybe pick up some valuable points. :So to both of you guys THANK YOU. Chris Turbush 81

Hollywood
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Dennis offers CREDIT?
Just when you thought you knew someone. :cheers:

Charlie's Angel
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Very well said Chris. Bob is a great guy and always there to promote you and your sponsors. I love this guy. :)

As for Dennis.. You couldn't have said it any better. He is there for parts as well as radios for many teams, lends a hand in fixing the cars of many. We all owe him a big thanks. I'm glad you started this thread. I think with all the negativity on this site.. it's nice to see the guys behind the scenes get some positive recognition.

Thank you again, Bob Finan and Dennis Freese. We racers couldn't do this without your help.

top row crew
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey Finan, aka Skippy, we love ya up at the top row crew.:cheers:

wayne
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Well said, Thanks Bob and Dennis.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Both Chris and Angel, you both took the words right out of my head!!
Bob, my daughter loves being up there with you each and every week! She has told me some of your jokes both on and OFF the mike. Just so you people know, some of those jokes need to be finished off the mike. Bob, you do a lot of the behind the scenes to help promote the race track and that's why we are always around to help, thanks for all you do!!
As far a Dennis Freese goes, I met Dennis about 20 years ago, walked into Oval Speed to buy a fire suit for Kenny, and Dennis asked me if he had a helmet. I told him not yet, and Dennis told me he had to have one. He told me he would put it on credit, waiting for my little card, he hands me a pink piece of paper. Now Dennis has never seen me before, has never meet Kenny and I walked out with the fire suit, helmet and my pink slip. So now that's a joke with Kenny, I and Dennis. Did Kenny get the pink slip for Christmas? Kenny got stuck paying for his helmet I got him for Christmas! So Dennis always knows he's getting paid. Sometimes it's a shame he hasn't done credit checks on others first. And yeah, some people think they can get things cheaper elsewhere, but for the interest he's not charging, when you don't have the cash, and need it now, it works out, sometimes cheaper! Plus, who could pass up the fact that Dennis always knows which part, and what it's for, that your looking for!! Dennis we couldn't Thank you enough for all that you do for us and the rest of the race teams!! Your one Heck of a businessman, with a big heart for racing, THANK YOU!!! Yeah, Yeah, I know, paying you in full is thanks enought, Right? When the flakes start falling.

RickFigure8
09-11-2007, 05:42 AM
I totally agree. A huge part of Long Island racing would be missing without Dennis or Bob. It has always seemed like any part off the car I needed Dennis has had stashed away somewhere in his truck. Bob has been a close friend for almost more years than I'd like to say. I worked closely with him back in 86 and 87 when I did the public address system and scoreboard for the track and it was Bob who handed me my first checkered flag in 81 at New Egypt when I had my first win, a consi, while he was the flagman there, not to mention the many nights in bars that either he or Tommy bartended.

Rick

Tower Man
09-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Yes, I agree. Dennis works with everyone. Kind of like an unsung hero. Couldn't race without him.

Now I have known Bob for over 30 years. Whenever a team asks him to pump up a sponsor, he does. When you need help securing a sponsor, he is there to help. If you need to call the office and vent, he listens.

The best..if you have one or two in your cooler, he'll help make it disappear so the cooler is lighter when you empty it Sunday morning.

voodoocadoo
09-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Oh yes Dennis is a life saver and always there for you, and yes, Bob as well to talk about your sponsors. Thanx Guys

Russ

P.S Dennis, Ya need more Voo Doo parts, LoL

Do You Voo Doo?

LongIslandJam
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, without Dennis, there would be very few racers out there. Not only does he have a great credit system, but he's always willing to help a racer out. So thanks Dennis!

And in addition, thanks Bob for the great announcing. You keep us well entertained during the down times (even if it is bad jokes LOL).

Gravel
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
The best..if you have a pint or two in your cooler, he'll help make it disappear so the cooler is lighter when you empty it Sunday morning.

I remember [somewhat] a backyard party where he and Mike C. emptied a keg.[Thank goodness, because it was HEAVY!!] Without a doubt, the best PR guy in auto racing.

CIN
09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Dennis - Thanks for everything for all the teams.

And Bob...well what can I say...anyone who can talk for two days to make the escape artist look good has to be the best. You deserve a trophy for that one.:cheers: