PDA

View Full Version : Favorite!!!

gzenduro12
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
With all this negativity, let's change gears and focus on the positives. What was your favorite moment or race of the year?
I enjoyed watching Kenny A. march through the field in the best LM run of the year, DQ or not. My second choice is the great runs by Justin B. And Bill Park in the tour race. Let's hear other opinions.

00 RBDJ
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I would have to say when Tom Ferrara won his first feature....

W. J.
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Justin Bonsignore's 4th place in the WMT race, and 1st Modified victory a few weeks later. What a comeback from an unfortunate injury early in the season. Kenny Alfano's run in the LM's was great too.

RGeeProductions
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I gotta go with Justin's WMT race. Staying outta trouble and being in the right place at the right time at the line. Even if the accident didn't happen, 2 more spots back would still have been awesome!!!!

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Justin Bonsignore's 1st Modified Victory Win, :cheers: and Tom Ferrara 1st Figure 8 Victory Win!
Not sure if any one else had their first Victory Win?
Can't forget about My Girls, Marrissa's 6th place in the Modified and Jessica's 9th place two top 10's way to go girls!

valin187
09-11-2007, 05:03 AM
My favorite memory was Paul Parisi's first feature win after 9 years of trying. Goes to show you even on a low budget anything is possible.

Tower Man
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
I have two favorites...my cousin Tom Ferrara's first win with his parents there to share in the joy.

Watching my daughter race this year made the entire season my favorite and I've have been going to races since 1965. I am so proud of her.

rydogg97
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Paul Parisi's victory!!! A well deserved victory!!:cheers:

SuperShafts
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
The T-rex getting spanked by a Jeep

rocket
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I have to say Terry Stiles rise to the top in the Truck Enduros. It may have been a bumpy road, but he's walking the walk now. Way to go Terry.

maestri fan 1
09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Holding off Scott Malisewski and Gary Caldwell for my first career heat win. I can't imagine what a real win feels like.

W. J.
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I want to add one more. Marissa Niederauer's 1st win in a Modified heat. So convincing, nearly half a lap ahead of EVERYONE else, and a totally pleasent surprise.

CRog00
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
My favorite is when the WILD CHILD Tommy Walkowiak became the all time winner in the blunderbusts. That night was awesome because my cousin Tom Rogers Jr won the Cromarty Cup again.

bulldozer
09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I would say Justin's run in the Mod Tour, what a surprise and what fun to watch him run with the big boys. 81

RacinRob
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Gotta be when I proposed to my girlfriend Bethany and then won the heat race!

modprincess8x
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Justin's first win was definitely the favorite moment of the year for me, and by reading all the posts the past couple of days, my second favorite moment is being at Thompson far away from all the chaos that took place Sat. night.

Turbo
09-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Justins run in the tour race :applause: :applause:

leah28racing
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I have to say my dad winning the The Ernie Maynor Memorial race.:cheers: :cheers: :p

Tommy and Mikey doing the spectator drag with shopping carts:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tommy smokes and still won.

hollywoodmic
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
This may not work for this particular post, but my favorite racing moment of the year was seeing Jimmy Blewett get back into a racecar at Martinsville. At Riverhead it was my own trip when I went to NHIS to see Donny Lia get his first win there and then made it back in time for the features at Riverhead. It was a great day of racing for me.

Teds Race Tours
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
This may not work for this particular post, but my favorite racing moment of the year was seeing Jimmy Blewett get back into a racecar at Martinsville. At Riverhead it was my own trip when I went to NHIS to see Donny Lia get his first win there and then made it back in time for the features at Riverhead. It was a great day of racing for me.

I gotta agree. Your day at NHIS/Riverhead has to top them all.

Ka$h25
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
My personal favorite was without doubt Ferrara's first win. Not far behind would be Jess Larsen's top 10.

Other then the family success, without doubt would be seeing Justin run so well with the tour.

vsmidge68
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I've been reading this for the last day or so and first I want to thank Greg for starting this one. Trying to decide my favorite moment this year is hard because even with all the bs, I've had a lot of fun this year..........seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Running on Sundays with the Grands is always fun, because they are a great bunch of people...Watching my son drive @ RR like his father and grandfather before him...well that is something special. But I think the night Donny finished third tops them all. I swear after all the problems with the car all season long, it wasn't looking that great. The look on Frank's face and then Donny being so happy and almost speechless (and for those of you who know him, you know that's really something LOL), well that was it for me. I guess most of you know that feeling....

tstiles
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanx Richie. I have to just say, if in my 4 wins this year I had to pick, I'd have to say my Saturday night race in July was my favorite.
I have to say Terry Stiles rise to the top in the Truck Enduros. It may have been a bumpy road, but he's walking the walk now. Way to go Terry.

BumperBoy
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
My most favorite was Paul Parisi's first win! :applause:

Golf Guy
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I thought the tour race was the best race of the year. But my biased opinion, Mighty Mike sideways off turn four for the victory had me jumpin' up and down!

fig8wife
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I have to agree golf guy, Mighty Mike's win was my favorite also!!! Miss him so much!!

Turbo
09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I did that same trip Mr Halpin!! BUT you didn't see me in NHIS!! YOU BUM...haha I even got to catch the first 25 laps of the Busch race!!! Didn't think I was gonna make it to see any racing at RH, but made it for the fireworks and the mods!!

hollywoodmic
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Turbo, I flew so I caught the National Anthem and all the features. It was great. Sorry I didn't see you. One question: if you saw me, why didn't you come say Hi?? Who's the BUM??

BOWATCHER
09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I would have to say Kenny Alfanos win made the most noise in my book even if the final page was missing!!! Also, them fireworks keep getting better every time. Ps Hollywood Mic, what about the night before your NHIS/RIV. adventure? Same bet????? Same cars????

unowho243
09-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I enjoyed the whole season watching some of my best friends race. You all did a great job Matt, Wayne, Rob an Boom Boom

randomrodder
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Mine was a toss up between watching Wayne get his 30th win and Bill taking the Mod Championship and also his 2nd place showing in the WMT race. Another 5 laps and he would have won it.