PDA

View Full Version : Dunk tank

figure849
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
It seems there will be a dunk tank at the car show that will be at Four Seasons, Sept 29-30 to support S.A.F.E.R. Maybe with all the heat at the track, people can cool off and raise money for the figure 8 point fund. Challange who ever you have a problem with at the track to sit on the seat. Come out and have a good time, and get a little off your chest.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Sounds like fun!!

leah28racing
09-11-2007, 02:21 PM
4 Seasons is only having car show.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
WHY? What happened to the dunk tank? and everything else we talked about?

maestri fan 1
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Well if there is a dunk tank I would like to volunteer myself as one of the dunkees. I've always wanted to sit there and yell at people.lol

W. J.
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
:wave: If it's you, Matt, I bet I could find it in myself to throw 3 straight strikes, LOL!

maestri fan 1
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Exactly!!!! People would love it.

leah28racing
09-12-2007, 09:05 AM
4 Seasons does not have a way to fill the tank they said or to refill it etc..............I'm not exactly sure why else, You'd have to ask Kathy.

I'm working on something for next year though over the winter. We'll have more time to plan things. Anybody open for suggestions email me:) :p

W. J.
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Maybe everyone can stop by their local grocery store and pick up a gallon of water. If enough people do, then the tank can be filled. No ice please, LOL!

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Walter would that mean that you would be volunteering to go in the dunk tank? Hey with the mouth:lol: I've got and the dunk tank, SAFER would make a ton of money. LOL! How about everyone come with all of your coolers full of water that way we could full it, or everyone make a chain from the nearest sink and fill it with cups, we could start the Saturday before. LOL!

W. J.
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I never enter water that measures less than 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
People wouldn't want to throw at me anyway, at least most of you, who know all too well, I throw back!!! :-B

leah28racing
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
If I was in it. W.J. be first on line :lol: :lol:
Dorothea, they'd have to keep the car show open till Monday for everyone to get their turn at you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Especially the 13 crew.

W. J.
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Well Leah, I actually would have to be first, since I don't get onto long lines for ANY reason, LOL.:lol:

Now in Dor's case, it might actually have to be a month long festival, from what I hear.:p

More importantly, I won't be able to attend. I have an out of town race to cover that whole weekend of Sept 29-30. Sorry, I hope it works out to be a good thing for SAFER.:)

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
70 degrees? For me it would have to be at least 90 degrees!!!! Well, Walter if it was a month long festival, is that how long it would take you to get back from the race you have to cover? A month long like I said SAFER would make a ton, Even though I don't think it would last that long, one throw, you miss, I laugh! :lol: :lol: One throw, you get it, you laugh!:lol:
The SOME crews wouldn't be there they don't put money into the point fund.
Too bad you won't be able to make it Walter, now that would be a pretty good story and nice pictures!!

W. J.
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
70 Degrees is the temperature that makes you wide awake! Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe we'll send Tracy.

Hey Tracy, have you got a BLUE (LI Jam) bathing suit, lol!

Tracy87BB
09-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Woah, hold on there WJ...how is it that I'm getting volunteered to go IN the dunk tank? Trust me, no one wants to see me in a bathing suit, anyway:eek: ...they might dunk me just so they didn't have to look!:lol:

W. J.
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Woah, hold on there WJ...how is it that I'm getting volunteered to go IN the dunk tank? Trust me, no one wants to see me in a bathing suit, anyway:eek: ...they might dunk me just so they didn't have to look!:lol:
Because most of the rest of us have other commitments that weekend. Hmmm, maybe we could send Peter???

Tracy87BB
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
My question wasn't so much why I was being volunteered to go as it was why I was being volunteered by you (my fellow JAM staff member) to be dunked...

Matt, be careful what you volunteer yourself for...I know you didn't run a full season, but you never know how many people you ticked off at some time or another until you offer to let them dunk you (be careful too, you don't know what kind of aim people have...they might tell you they're aiming for the bullseye and hit YOU instead!).

maestri fan 1
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
LOL!!! Well Tracy, fortunately I don't think that I got anyone angry this year. I also believe there is a cage of some sort in front of the person who is being dunked. So I wouldn't mind it. I said it before, if a dunk tank is present, let me know, and I will gladly take the seat.

W. J.
09-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Seriously, getting back to the issue of how to fill the tank. If you contact the local Fire Dept. and ask, they may just be able to send a truck and a couple of guys out to fill it for you. Many FD's do that as a public service for fund raising event like this one. It's worth asking; the worst that can happen is they say no.

If you can get them to do it, the only problem left is how to warm up the water. Either that, or the person going in is going to need a wetsuit, LOL!

RickFigure8
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I remember when they would even fill a pool if you went and asked them. I was a fireman back then. Of course backyard pools were not so common back then, lol.

racerwife
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Rick.. we remember those days of filling pools with a fire truck too. Boy, was that water COLD coming out if the hydrants and sitting in the tanks of the trucks. BRRRRR!!!!
I don't know if that's even a possibility anymore... they add an additive nowadays, light water (of all names). It helps the water to be more effective with less amounts needed... however, I don't know if its safe to be "dunked/immersed" in. Yeah, firemen get wet sometimes, but not soaked to the skin... and if they do, they are de-contaminated at the scene or the firehouse very quickly.

Hey Rick... remember trying to put out car fires that had magnesium engines???? Thousands of gallons of water later and it was still burning!

Karen