PDA

View Full Version : Points

gripz
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think that the points are right for Lou Strohl the #8 mod. Could you please check them for me? Thank You.

behler29
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Are the mod points right?? Ricky Ross won 11 races this year and is only about 150 pts ahead of 2nd and Travis Fisher won 10 races and is only about 120 ahead, how can there be over 300 points between 1st and 2nd in the mods when Zane Zeiner only won about 3-4 races so far? Just wondering, saw it on Victory Lane and came to the web site to check because I was sure it was a typo on tv. :confused:

LongIslandJam
09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Our points are off from the official points as this past weekend's results are not in our database (which I'm looking into).

According to their points, Zeiner has 1700 , DeFebo has 1341. Keep in mind, Mountain also provides heat points as well, which do add up. I've seen in years past where heat points makes the difference. It also appears Zeiner is more consistent than DeFebo as well (with 14 top 5s).

I hope that clears things up.

461_SS
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah, it is all about consistency. You don't have to win a lot of races to be first in the points. It is the top 5's and top 10's that count and not wrecking out always helps =]

EricaR
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Are the mod points right?? Ricky Ross won 11 races this year and is only about 150 pts ahead of 2nd and Travis Fisher won 10 races and is only about 120 ahead, how can there be over 300 points between 1st and 2nd in the mods when Zane Zeiner only won about 3-4 races so far? Just wondering, saw it on Victory Lane and came to the web site to check because I was sure it was a typo on tv. :confused:

The reason that this is the case is simply because of week to week car counts in the individual divisions. For example, in the Modifieds, if Brian DeFebo were to have a bad week and finish last,and Zane were to win during a week with 20 cars, Zane would get 100 points for the feature win for first place, where as Brian would only get 5 points for 20th place. There is a 95 point difference. However, the Thrillers and 4 Cylinders have had notoriously low car counts for the whole season. So in the case of Ross and Fisher in those divisions, if the second place drivers in points in the Thriller divisions were to have a bad week and Ross and Fisher were to win in a 10 car field, the winner would get 100 points for 1st place and the last place finisher would get 55 points for 10th. That is only a 45 point difference. That is how the Modifieds have such a point spread, simply because of car count. Hope that helps! Erica

behler29
09-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks to both of you for the explanations. As I wrote, I saw it on tv and wanted to check it out. I guess then I can offer congrats to Zane on wrapping up the point title for the mods, from what I see there is no way anyone can beat him.

461_SS
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I dunno, if he does bad the next few races and does poorly in the King of the Mountain race (double points) someone else has a shot to win the title.