PDA

View Full Version : An Off-Season Idea...But I Need Your Help!

Tracy87BB
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey everyone...here is your chance to be part of the Jam during the off-season. I have communicated with JA, and we are working on a few ideas to keep the Jam interesting during the off-season. One thing we are going to try is going to be a monthly "Editor's News and Notes" column. Anything of interest that happens with you or your teams can be emailed to me at tchirico@longislandjam.com, and - who knows - it may be included in the column. This applies to racing-related things (trips of interest to races, developments in your team's plans) and also general-interest news (engagements, weddings, births). Our goal is to have some fresh information at least once a month to keep us all in touch with one another and up-to-date on what is going on with the racing community. As frustrated as we can all get with each other during the season, most of us spend more time (for six months out of the year, anyway) with our "racing family" than we do with most of our ACTUAL family! Let's have some fun with this!

Tracy87BB
10-21-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm hoping to have the first installment written early this week, so if anyone has any last-minute info they'd like to pass on, now's the time to do it...
Thanks!

SuperShafts
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
You could be following the fight for a track like Newsday, Riverhead News Review, Riverhead news, News12 (poor job) Riverhead community does everytime we do something.

Another thing would be letting your motorsports public living in Riverhead know what a liar Cardinale is.
You might want to get the inside scoop on the degenerates running for office and expose them like we do, so they don't vote for Bartunek, Cardinale and Amy.

You do want them to vote for Stark, Buckley and Wooten

See you Sunday, 10-28, at 10am, Speedworld FX.

RGeeProductions
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Once again.
Rock and a hard place.
STARK HAD HIS CHANCE!!!
Lasted 2 years and we voted him out!!!
So, remember Riverhead folks, you're voting for a town board here is ONLY BASED ON SUPERSHAFTS REQUIREMENTS. Nothing else in this town matters.....
Sorry dude, the overall picture means more to me.. and many more who actually live here.......and I am in no way against a track at EPCAL.....
BTW, I feel a track will be at EPCAL in a different location....despite who is Supervisor or Council people......
....and watch the name calling, I have about had it with it in this forum....
As for website support, we let you post the info here, we don't get politically involved. We, here at RacerHub, voice our PERSONAL opinions and not that of the websites themselves.
Support the people who want to do this (developer) and not bash the board/politicians......
It's NOT the way to get what you want accomplished.....

W. J.
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
We all WILL get back on the subject that Tracy started with, or I will whittle this thread down to what it is supposed to be about.

I hope I've made myself clear. I will be watching.

Tracy87BB
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
To get back to my original post...
I have decided to delay the first installment of the offseason news and notes for a week or two. In speaking with JA and the Jam staff, it has been decided that some of the information originally intended to be included in the column would be better suited for feature articles. You can look for some of them to be posted on the main page of the Jam over the next few weeks. In the meantime, feel free to email me (tchirico@longislandjam.com) with info about you/your teams/your families that you'd like to see included.

To hit on one of the topics of interest discussed here so far during the offseason, if you have a Legends car that you're planning to bring back out, or if you have a Legends car that you're looking to sell for someone to run in 2008, drop me a line and let me know...

Tracy87BB
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm happy to say that the response I received from the November Offseason News and Notes was very positive. It's almost time for me to sit down and put together the column for December. I'm hoping to write it next weekend, and post it during the following week. I've received quite a few emails from people in the last month...if you have any news you'd like to share - racing or otherwise - be sure to drop me a line this week!

Tracy87BB
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
OK, guys and gals...I'm planning to write the January installment of the Offseason News and Notes column sometime in the next week or so. If you have any news that you want to share, please drop me a line at tchirico@longislandjam.com!

Tracy87BB
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Last call for info to be included in the January Offseason News and Notes! I hope to have it written and posted either late this week or early next week (depends how much editing my editors decide it needs, I guess...ha ha). Email me at tchirico@longislandjam.com.

Tracy87BB
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
It's about that time again...I'm getting ready to put together the February Offseason News and Notes... If anyone has any info they'd like to share, email me at tchirico@longislandjam.com.

Tracy87BB
03-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, the offseason is drawing to a close, so there are only two more installments of the Offseason News and Notes (March and April). If you or your team have any info you'd like to share, you can email me at tchirico@longislandjam.com. I hope to have this month's column written within the next week or so...