PDA

View Full Version : NHIS news from Speed51

RGeeProductions
09-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Here's some news tidbits from Speed51
NHIS Updates (http://speed51.com/2007_stories/Mods_WMT/TracksideNow_NHIS_Thursday_9_13.html)

Groundpounder
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
So is it too early to start speculating as to whether the mods will get screwed again? I mean the forecast isn't exactly the greatest, and Alex Hoag is in the field again, so I'm thinking the situation is ripe for another shortened race. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Teds Race Tours
09-14-2007, 12:23 PM
If they shorten the race for the Trucks, there is an outside possibility of TBax doing some jail time.

Axel
09-14-2007, 12:28 PM
one of the reasons I did not go this year...

gomodsgo
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
So is it too early to start speculating as to whether the mods will get screwed again? I mean the forecast isn't exactly the greatest, and Alex Hoag is in the field again, so I'm thinking the situation is ripe for another shortened race. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

wow... mr. negative... I mean the track IS in New England.... and if you don't like the weather, wait, it will change. There is only a 60% chance of a rain. lol

One might BET that the mods would get screwed, but I am holding out hope that the weather is good from 11-3pm and then whatever the weather wants to do after is fine by me. And not going to comment on the other thing, but lets just keep our fingers crossed that mother nature isn't in a bad mood tomorrow, and some drivers cause many LESS cautions then they usually do. lol

Groundpounder
09-14-2007, 12:49 PM
One can almost BET that the mods will get screwed......

And you're calling ME "Mr. Negative"???? I was merely speculating, you're already BETTING! lol

gomodsgo
09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
:confused: I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL ha ha ha :angel:

uticamike
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Pounder, care to splain' the Alex Hoag comment? I mean nicely.

gomodsgo
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
yeah.... let's hear why, nicely!!!!!

Groundpounder
09-15-2007, 09:14 AM
At the July race, he caused a few cautions that significantly contributed to the race being shortened. That's all I can say... "nicely".

uticamike
09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I've got mail!!! (which i read.....all splained.......and agreed with) Thank you
Pounder for that (nice) response.

Groundpounder
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Well, the mods did get screwed again (shortened to 75 laps), but not nearly as bad as the Silver Crown guys got screwed. They should have run the trucks friday night and the BES Saturday. With no live tv hard schedule, they could have got the features started earlier and probably gotten all of them in with the original advertised distances.

As for the racing itself... well, I'm rather disappointed that when I FINALLY get to NHIS, both times the racing has sucked relative to what I've heard about and seen on tv in the past. I will say that after they thinned the herd this weekend there was some pretty good racing with the cars that were left, unlike July. Oh well... the Twin State race is still the best mod race I've seen all year.

gomodsgo
09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
SO.... I guess that me offering Utica to tag along with you to NHIS next year is kinda out of the question now? lol

It was a pretty rough race. Too bad too, cause they usually put on a heck of a show there. Damn trouble maker that caused those wrecks. ppfftt

hollywoodmic
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't like to speculate without a finish, but if the 2 is disqualified, what will that do to the points race. Matt Hirshman had a bad finish, TC blew a motor, Szegedy may get disqualified, Civali was 6th, and Lia may get 2nd. Would it collectivley be over. I don't know the point totals that are given, RGee could you look into that or is it too much speculation, until Tuesday??

RGeeProductions
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I have put the sent finish into the database.
The Chrome Horn or LIJam have it updated. As for the change if Szegedy is disqualified, well, have to wait till tomorrow night as to refigure the points isn't easy and the database does it automatically when I enter finishes. Unless they release it today, I won't be home till after 7pm tomorrow then I will immediately update the database.
Right now, with the sent finish, Lia leads Szegedy by 178 and Civali by 298 and Matt by 299 with that finish. Big lead.
If Szegedy sent downward, Lia really has it wrapped up with 3 races to go staying out of trouble.