PDA

View Full Version : Important - Rule Change????

Sac-Man
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
At the Labor Day Junk-o-Thon, Bob Wink, the tech inspector, announced that he did not want to see any more aluminum rims.
This is fine, with a couple of exceptions pertaining to the way this is being implemented.
If this is a rule change, then YOU must change the rules on the NEETS website, otherwise it is not enforceable.
I would also like to state I am not a fan of changing the rules mid-season.
I know that most of the drivers are already using steel rims, and I'm not contesting the use of aluminum rims, even though I have not seen one fail in all the events that I have participated in.
What I am contesting is the way this is being implemented. If you verbally state a rule change mid-season, and do not back up any of the supporting documentation, then if you try to enforce the rule, you will anger both sides of the rule. Whether you enforce it or not. This hurts everyone and the takes away from the validity of the series.
Sorry Wink, I love you man! But we can't do it like this!!!

Braddock Bandit
09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Please say it's not truly going to be enforced until next season. I myself just got my act together with all the spare wheels and tires for my car "all aluminum". NO one got beat up out on that track any more than me this last race. The ONLY THING NOT BENT ON MY CAR WAS MY ALUMINUM WHEELS. I say give us to next season to get steel wheels. Thanks for your consideration on this matter. Dennis Sizemore 69 4 cyl P.S. Great first five races everyone!!!:cheers:

CJfilms
09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Sorry about any confusion Sac-Man... There will be no enforcement of rule changes.

Wink, along with myself, would like to see the drivers move to using a steel wheel in the future for lower costs, they're easier to fix, and yes, a bit safer...

IF there is to be a major change, YES it would be posted on the website IMMEDIATELY!!!! Since this is more or less a 'desire' to increase safety and not a mandatory change, it is not being put in the rulebooks...

Sorry for any confusion!!!:wave:

Sac-Man
09-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Joe,
Thanks for clearing that up.:) My memory is not what it used to be.:( I know the conversation came up in the drivers meeting and now several weeks later I'm trying to remember if it is a switch I have to make for the next race.:help: Now I know I still have the option and don't have to panic.:eek:

CJfilms
09-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Don't even get me started about memory!!!! ...I have to carry a little notebook with me now because I always forget about important things and dates I NEED to remember...you can ask Erin, it's true!!!

And the only reason I remember the meeting so well....it's written down!

ps...speaking about meetings...I think I'm going to write down in my book to call you this weekend!!