PDA

View Full Version : Feel better Jessica Cohan

smiley27414
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Jess, I hope you are feeling better. Rest today and listen to what the doctor said!

Wheel Racing
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Are there any updates on Jessica? How is she doing?

Tracy87BB
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I know that she was released from the hospital...beyond that, I don't really have any information.

Jessica, take it easy and I hope you're feeling better soon!

rabbid1
09-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Jess , Get well soon . It was nice racing with you this season . Best of luck to you and your crew in your new ride next season .

randomrodder
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Jessica, get well soon. I've known your dad for years and your grandfather before him. You come from good stock.

Good luck next year!

Emil

voodoocadoo
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
What happened? Is she ok?

Russ

W. J.
09-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Early word is she injured hersself earlier in the day at work, and apparently suffered a bruised disc in her neck, which got swollen later in the day, causing a mild paralysis. She had to be removed from her car, and was transported to the hospital for a check-up, but she's going to be okay, the last we heard.
We will be sure to pass along any further information that we get.

Tower Man
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Jessica...hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

smiley27414
09-16-2007, 09:43 PM
This is what happened to jessica i was at the hospital with her so here goes
3: yesterday she was helping put the door up at her dads candy stand & the bracket snapped & the corner of the door hit her in the head causing her to have back pain, a headache, and a lil neck pain, then she was feeling ok & she wanted to race so she did then in the middle of the race someone slammed into the back of her, and as the checkered flag was thrown another driver lost his brakes and was right in back of her so as she slowed down after passing the start/finish line he ended up hittng her HARD and she came off the track crying that she had a headache, and was having neck, & back pains so she couldn't get out of the car, they had to disassemble the roof &windsheild to get her on to a back bored while no moving her head. i was at the hospital to see her last nght & she called me after they left & they want her to not move as much as she does usually.

Tracy87BB
09-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the explanation and the update. I fielded calls and emails today from several people who wanted to make sure she was okay. The information I had was pretty limited, but I did let everyone I spoke to know that she had been released. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Wheel Racing
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Feel better Jessica.I know what those types of hits feel like.Take it easy and listen to the Dr's

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Feel Better Jessica, Look on the bright side at least you don't have to race again till April. Now just take it easy and you should and need to be in tip top shape for a Great season next year.

maestri fan 1
09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Get well soon!!!!!

blunderbust8
09-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I figured I should let every one know how I'm doing. The doctor said that I'm going to be sore, but if the pain continues to be worse than last night (as it is), then I should go back, because I may have done something to the disks in my back. He also said that I should try to limit my movement and take the pain medicine he perscibed to me (that makes me sick, so I am not taking it).
I will keep everyone updated as I find out more...

Thank You to everyone for caring about me, especially who ever helped disassemble the car last night & get me out of it. Also to Artie Pedersen for trying to keep me calm and letting me squeeze his hand as I was being removed from the car. To everyone who came to the hospital last night to be there with me & see how I was, & to Tommy Walkowiak for my monkey (my dog keeps trying to steal it from me, but I'm not letting him).

Love,
Jessica

LongIslandJam
09-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Get well soon Jessica! Take it easy and relax. I know that's a tough thing to do. I'm glad to hear you'll be alright...

vsmidge68
09-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon. :wave:

blunderbust8
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I also wanted to thank Terry Stiles, Bea, and Robin. They were the one who had checked me out after the first incident. =)

I am also feeling a little better, but as the day goes on, it hurts more, but I'll be fine. =)

TheVinylAnswer
09-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Jessica, glad you are feeling better.. :)

voodoocadoo
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Jes feel better. One question; can you drive that new convertable you have in the Blunderbust division next year?

Russ

blunderbust8
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I went to the doctor's on Friday for a follow up. They said that the hospital should've done a CAT scan, but if I still have any type of soreness by next Thursday, then I have to go back & they may want to do a CAT scan.

blunderbust8
09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to say that while I was in school today, the doctor called my mom, and said that she asked the hospital for the x-rays, and all of the paperwork concerning last Saturday. As the doctor reviewed them, she realized that I may have a hairline fracture in my right sholder that was overlooked. It now crack & pops sometimes when I move it, & is still very sore, like my back. I will keep everyone updated on any new news, but let's hope for the best.

Jessica