PDA

View Full Version : Great figure 8 race

WEEZER
09-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks to all the fig8 drivers for an awesome race last night, especially from lap 5 to lap 20 or something like that (which seemed like it was going on forever). When you guys get going like last night, as a fan, watching the race was great. Thanks.

Tracy87BB
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I have to say, that was one of the most exciting Figure 8 races I've seen in a while. The long green flag stretch made for some great racing, especially at the X. Great job, guys!

Ka$h25
09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Heck of a job by that 13 too. Everyone knows the 28 is a force and not many are able to hold him off like Mujsce did last night. It got a bit hairy a couple times, but Mike held on tight. The action at the "X" is fun to watch, but anytime it affects the leaders of the race, its not something you enjoy. One driver had a couple close calls, and was paying so much attention to the "X" that he was driving in a bit over his head in the turns.

racenut38
09-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Great job guys, congrats to 13 of Mike Mujsce. good race. :applause: :cheers:

The Bullfather
09-16-2007, 01:32 PM
What a great race, Roger is faster than the whole field, we know it! But it was great watching Mike hold off the King of the 8's. Lap after lap, both of them going tooth and nail, when it looked like Roger had him, they were in another turn. With the green flag laps and coming to the X, we had drivers going through with the leaders coming on strong. I thought for sure we were headed to some kinda accident. Thank the good Lord, it didn't happen! Congrats to Roger for a another championship, congrats to Mike for bringing home another win. I thought Kraft was going to bring it on strong at the end.

racerwife
09-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats. to both Mike and Roger for their fantastic race last night. Mike for his win, Roger his championship.
And as for the rest of the cars they put on a spectacular race too. Everyone was racing hard throughout the entire race. Good show to everyone!!!

W. J.
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
One of the most exciting Figure-8 races I've seen in quite some time. These guys put on a race that had the crowd on the edges of their seats, showing what Figure-8 races are supposed to be all about. Congrats to Mike on his win, to Roger on his charge back to second place and Championship, and the whole field on a wonderful display of Figure-8 racing. BRAVO!!!

00 RBDJ
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Congratulations to Roger on the Championship and to Mike on his win. I think that last nights race was probably one of the most exciting races that we've seen. :applause: Great job everyone..:applause:

Ka$h25
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
There was a good 7-10 laps that Roger was behind Mujsce. NO ONE has held Roger back like that all year. Call it blocking, but it was some gooood blocking. I'm sure we can count on Rick to upload the tape and there should be a good view of the battle. If we could ignore the cars involved we'd see it was a good battle, there shouldn't be a battle for first place without some paint being swapped.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Can't wait to see the video!! Come on Rick everyone is waiting for your GREAT video!!
Way to go Roger 1 more lap you would have gotten him!!

RickFigure8
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
We started the race with very little rear brake. Last week the bracket holding one of the calipers twisted, which it won't do again, and broke the rotor and hat. Fixed all that but the bleeder on the other caliper was froze and we ended up changing the caliper at the track, but still had problems. I believe the master went bad. Tom was actually pumping the brake in the straightaways so he could get some rear brake. It was okay till he he got hit and bent a ball joint and upper and after that had a ton of camber and probably two inches toed out. I noticed as Carl was leaving the tear down his left front looked like it was going soft so who knows what a few more laps would have changed. This was a while after the race so it might have been fine for a few more laps. I hope to have the tape up tonight.

leah28racing
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Yep, they both should've went to the back, They gave Mike back the lead which was bull. It was because of his dirty driving the caution came out. Great officiating!!!! NOT!:mad:

Would like to say thanks:) on behalf of my dad. He doesn't go on here.

W. J.
09-17-2007, 09:31 AM
The officials said the caution was for Roger because he didn't pull away immediately, as Mike did. That's the official reason for their placement in the restarting order.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Leah, I couldn't agree with you more, EVERY word!! I tried to say it just a good as you did but my post got deleted!! And after MANY PM's to W.J. basically I was told, "We are all entitled to think what we think. We are NOT all entitled to put it up on the message boards."

leah28racing
09-17-2007, 09:43 AM
My dad had to start in back again so.....

I actually was cheering on T.K. to beat Mujsce before my father got back up there.:lol: :lol:

W. J.
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
And after MANY PM's to W.J. basically I was told, "We are all entitled to think what we think. We are NOT all entitled to put it up on the message boards."
to continue the thought...'in the language that was used, and with calling the driver something personal'.
It was explained IN DETAIL in the PM's you refer to.

But we've gotten off subject here, so let's get back to 'Great Figure 8 Race'.

Fig8 T.K.
09-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Saturday night was a great last night at Riverhead. Even though Tom had some problems with the car it was a great, exciting race. Had a good time after the races relaxing in the pits BBQing with friends. I need to touch on something that may be deleted for off topic but I will give it a shot. We seemed to have the same problem with the decision of who was involved in an accident last week. Tom and Roger pulled out of an accident at the same time. Roger went back to his spot up front, Tom got put to the rear. I don't remember anyone else complaining about that. Sorry, WJ for stepping off topic. I'll understand if it's deleted.

Kathy K

leah28racing
09-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't think Tom should've gone to the back either. But I guess they felt he was involved. Once again, bad call by the officials.

W. J.
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
It's okay Kathy, at least you ask. I vaguely remember the incident you're talking about, but I have to tell you it's a judgment call by the officials, whether any of us think it's good or bad. It's usually based on what they see, who they thought was involved, versus who stopped to avoid, etc., things like that, and based on the angle they are looking at it from, so you'd really have to ask them; and next time, ask sooner.

00 RBDJ
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Are you sure that the accident was the cause of Roger going to the back? From what I have heard from a few people that it was to do with hitting a cone and when the caution came out that is when they sent him there, and it had nothing to do with him and Mike's accident. It is the same reason that Tom F was sent to the back with the first caution. I maybe wrong it is just what I heard..

leah28racing
09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
No cone there. He wasn't the one who ran over the cone.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
No Denise, after someone hits a cone as long as it's not on the racing surface they will wait for the next caution to put who ever they thought hit the cone to the back. But WHO was the one to cause the accident? The one that wasn't sent to the rear of the field? Right or wrong?

00 RBDJ
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Like I said that is what I heard, not what I saw. I was just asking a question. I am not getting into a who did this and who did that. I was not watching Mike or Roger, so I can't give my opinion on something that I did not see.

Fig8 T.K.
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
The person who causes the accident is never sent to the rear if they are able to continue without stopping. I am not saying anyone is at fault for the accident being talked about here. I think that was just hard racing that had gone on for a few laps. I have seen many accidents where the person at fault kept going without being put to the rear. It is the person who sits on the track and brings out the caution that is put to the rear. Personally, I think the flag came out a little too quick this week but that is up to the officials. Not a bad call but a judgement call. Had no flag been thrown and Roger got hit by another car people would be complaining no flag was thrown.

Kathy K.

RickFigure8
09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
W.J. if you take a look at the video I posted from last weeks race you can see in that incident all four cars stacked up with contact into each other and can clearly see both the flag and lights yellow in the background before anyone was close to driving away. Two cars went back up front and two went to the rear.
This week I really didn't see it. I missed it with the cam too, at least what caused it. I was following Tom at the time. With both cars turning towards the wall as they did it usually means they hooked up, at least for a second. Now, if it was just hard racing or if one came down or the other drifted up I can't say, I didn't see it.
This week's video clip is up on youtube now.

WEEZER
09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
The 13 & 28 had to avoid a lapped car who was going up the track in turn one but all three cars came together, slowed and the 13 drove away, but regardless, this post was about what a great race it was, hopefully next year there'll be more cars and more races like last Saturday.

W. J.
09-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, it happened right in front of where I was sitting, and I was watching closely because it was such an exciting race. Mike and Roger were beating and banging, and Roger was coming up on the outside when they hooked together and headed towards the wall. Mike cut left, freeing his car, and continued. Roger was so close to the wall, he needed to back out, and then the yellow was thrown.
As Weezer and Rick (great video, Rick) pointed out, this was a great race, and let's hope there are more like it next year, with more cars.
As to what the video does or doesn't show, there was so much going on, it would have been impossible for any one camera to get it all. J/M/O

Ka$h25
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
If I was going to complain about anything, I would say the flag came out a little quick. With my father in second, I'd love to say Mike was involved in the accident, or that he should of been black flagged for rough riding, but I really don't believe it. I've said before I was impressed by the way he ran Roger and I was watching the battle closely. Yes, Mike could have given up numerous times when Roger had good position, but each time he fought back. Neither gave the other an inch, and then they ran out of inches. It was also a heck of a job by Mike to keep that car out of the wall and stay ahead of the 8 and 74.