PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Craftsman Truck Series???

Mortgage Guy
09-17-2007, 06:14 AM
I went on to the NASCAR site and was looking at the results page and what not. I got to the awards page and my favorite Ken Schrader won the most improved driver. He improved 12 positions. Now Donny Lia improved 16 positions, 4 spots more than Schrader. Why doesn't he win that award?? Is it because he is not a regular on the series? For me, I think that would have gone a long way for him to try and gain something solid in that series for next year, being his first start and he gained more spots than anyone else. Any input??

LongIslandJam
09-17-2007, 07:24 AM
It may be due to lack of participation. You have to participate in a program and must carry their decal.

One classic example is any Petty car and the Bud Pole Award program. A Petty car may win the pole, but not the Bud Pole Award as they do not carry any alcohol sponsorship. So the 2nd place starter will get the Bud Pole Award, as long as they participate and they will get the credit.

I assume this may be the case for Lia.

RGeeProductions
09-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Actually, the results say Schrader started 15th and finished 17th.
That's a 2 position loss.
Truck Finish (http://www.nascar.com/races/truck/2007/18/data/results_unofficial.html)
No where can I find that he started farther back for any reason, which may be the case plus what JA mentioned then.

Fkraft99
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Timmy in the mod series the "Most Improved" award goes to the driver that improves the most from where he Finished in the previous race, not where he started in that race. That may be what's going on here.

FK

Tower Man
09-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Fred you are correct. Wow one day in the spotter's stand with me and you know the rules.

Fkraft99
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
RULES?!?!?!? You mean like the new rule that if a Nextel cup driver is DUMPING water, we do enough parade laps to let it dry before we bring him down pitroad to check if he's leaking... lol

Tower Man
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Didn't you get the bulletin?

Mortgage Guy
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for your input.......All I know is that I am proud to be a friend of Donny Lia and that he kicked *** on Saturday, and I hope he wins the WMT championship.