PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday at 8 am is the new day

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
He turned it into a game and told them he wants a sealed bid and nothing under $140 million or no deal... He kept everyone waiting ...

2 bids were handed in, and we have to wait for 8am Wednesday?

If anyone votes for Cardinale....do not let me know about it!

randomrodder
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
You will have to refer to one of my prior posts. I wasn't kidding.

Rich Mergl
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Hopefully Levy will push him. Maybe this is a good thing. Levy seems to really want this track.

concordcharlie
09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Levy will push him. Maybe this is a good thing. Levy seems to really want this track.
Is this going to be a Nascar track?

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
It will be a full motorsports complex, with 2 ovals....

If if Cardinale can stop playing games and ruin it for everyone..if he hasn't already.

RGeeProductions
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
concordcharlie: See here (http://www.rexcorprealty.com/portfolio_detail_116.htm)
Mind you, the new plan is edited a bit, like the amount of race seating, for example.
And it's not just a full motorsports complex, with 2 ovals. There is additional entertainment and sports with it.

00 RBDJ
09-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Marty

By any chance was there any talk about a figure 8 track going in also? Because in the plans it does not say anything. There has only been talks of an oval. If this does get approved, there is a good chance that Riverhead won't be around forever and we are a little concerned about what's going to happen to our division. Everyone is saying all motorsports, but are Figure8's included in all?

Denise

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Im not exactly sure of the layout of the smaller oval, but i believe it is a 1/4 mile oval, i would rather see a 3/8 but i never asked about if it would be set up to have an X thru it...

I can find out more on the details of things...

As per the exact layout yes it is more then just motorsports, other then a road course with a second purpose and a few switch backs and the 2 ovals,
there will be a coliseum, equestrian area, fair grounds, museum, cultural center, hotel, conference building, and all kinds of other stuff that it really will have everything in one area where you could go as a family and all have your individual interests taken care of...

I just really hope at this point this mental patient uses his head...

Not for nothing, but how in the world do the snow cone people expect to make that 140 mil back...The whole of upstate ny maybe maybe makes a % of that number in total revenue dispersed across in every area...BUT Upstate NY isn't running no freezer to keep snow as snow during the winter when temps here aren't cold enough to sustain snow...so that cuts lipa out of killing upstate NY with there fuel surcharges that they will have along with the making of snow

Then after listening to this mental patient on the news i could commit murder... The decision isn't based on money, but the better plan....oh wth what about what your people want you hammer head...you know like when you take office you are supposed to do of, by, and for the people

SuperShafts
09-17-2007, 11:42 PM
concordcharlie: See here (http://www.rexcorprealty.com/portfolio_detail_116.htm)
Mind you, the new plan is edited a bit, like the amount of race seating, for example.

Yes and you can thank cardinale for that bs also...which if it is kept and is made a problem you can kiss any chance of ever seeing any nascar event other then modified tours...there will be no major nascar event with only 5k seating...
Originally it was supposed to begin with 15,000 and grow to 80,000, but he said he wanted only 5,000...again with the he said he wants bs..

Now he has the property over 185,000 an acre...where in that contract did it give soul power over the property to the town sup...that boy was a lawyer...he can't understand speedway operations...he claims it means not zoned for contest of speed racing, and he definitely can't read what the govt wrote into that agreement, who voted for this idiot?

I am sorry but you have no idea how this is driving me insane

Dwight Clock
09-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Log on to www.newsday.com and read the article in todays edition. Leave a comment at the end and let them know how you feel.

W. J.
09-18-2007, 07:28 AM
This is the direct link to this story: www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzrive185379709sep18,0,7420397.story Mr. Cardinale apparently has turned this into a bidding war.

RGeeProductions
09-18-2007, 07:34 AM
To save time trying to find the article, took me 20 minutes, it is here (http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzrive185379709sep18,0,7420397.story).

W. J.
09-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Ah, Richie, we think alike, LOL! (Same Link)

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah but no one said anything.....

spabler
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I may be wrong here but I thought any two Nascar sanctioned tracks have to be a quite a few miles away from each other or they would have to run on alternate nights. If that is the case I think Riverhead will still be in operation for a long time to come and you will still have a place to go figure eight racing. All this assuming the new track is a Nascar sanctioned track.

CIN
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Great piece on WHY EPCAL!

http://newsdayontheroad.blogspot.com/2007/09/motorsports-should-be-backbone-of-plans.html

rocket
09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Well said, A 3/8 oval and a 1/4 mile Dragstrip works for me.

W. J.
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
There can be a NASCAR sanction as long as they don't run the same day.

W. J.
09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Great piece on WHY EPCAL!

http://newsdayontheroad.blogspot.com/2007/09/motorsports-should-be-backbone-of-plans.html
It is great, thanks for the link, Cin. I added a comment to it, hope the politico's have someone reading it.

CIN
09-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh come now WJ...
you actually think that politicians can read....
Is that really a requirement to run for office....
couldn't prove it by me....
We all know that reading takes some brains...
And if they had any we wouldn't be on here saying they should be doing this...
They would have already....
We gave them all the information they needed. Proved to them with Yaphank that it would be a win win situation and look what they did. So, reading. Nope. I want Rexcorp....but we'll get a @#$% indoor ski slop that will go the way of Bald Hill....Oh wait a minute...the other bidder (who is not even from this country) wants to have it be an olympic training facility, where they would transport in, straight from the airport all the atheletes and have them stay on the site and train. Wow now that does a lot for the local economy. Along with an indoor water park...don't we have a water park within walking distance from EPCAL....don't get me started either. I had enough with politicians with Yaphank. I don't trust any of them.

READ....not on your life.....all they know how to do is smile in your face, give you some BS and lie...then do what they want to do anyway....no matter what the voting public says.

So, when I vote this year, anyone that was in office the last few years is not getting my vote....

SuperShafts
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Cindy were backing Peter Busacca for county ex

W. J.
09-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Cin, I didn't say politicians could read, I said I hoped they had someone reading it.
I'm not re-electing anyone either, haven't for a few years now. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 08:29 AM
You got a mountain...

All 4 have to go

I don't want to hear about how any of them should keep their jobs

Now that im somewhat calm....

4 to 1....

155 mil to 153 mil

When that ski mountain goes under...I'm going to find the 4 of them...

CIN
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Marty,
Just got the same word. I'm going South.
CIN

broz
09-19-2007, 09:18 AM
And now I know that my Dad truly had vision when we moved to Texas oh so many years ago. :rolleyes:
What a travesty! Once again the community of Riverhead and the surrounding area have been sold out by the local government. Nothing will ever change in that town. My heart-felt condolences to you all :*-(

It's up to you all as voters to let them know how you feel!

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
You're right, let them know how you feel...

Bottom line is they work for the people...

The people told them what they wanted

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU ! !

nos2424
09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
All of the letters, emails and phone calls meant nothing to these four people. Riverhead residents please vote them out of office. This is unbelievable!

W. J.
09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
So it seems like this time the money went over the top of the table, not underneath? They've demonstrated to the people that they have no forward thinking vision, only what appears in the money bag today. Sad, really sad.

Teds Race Tours
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Were these sealed bids actually opened in front of witnesses?

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
IM planning a rally right at the town hall...

Who is in....

debbie33
09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
I work right across the street from Town Hall there is still a news van in the parking lot but other than that it looks quiet.

The Bullfather
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
so I basically guess this is final with the piece of land??? It's so horible, they really could have been greedy and sold half and half and still had both! Can Rexcorp buy in? :O)

Drumz1959
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I take it these are the same builders, they are all the same around the world......
http://www.skidubai.com/ski-dubai/resort/

the photos are wild

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I work right across the street from Town Hall there is still a news van in the parking lot but other than that it looks quiet.

Go over there and talk to Shirleen and tell her how you feel...

Tell her about the 6500 letters we know for a fact are there...

Ask her why the govt does not uphold their oath of "of the people, by the people, for the people"? It is never upheld...ask her to ask them why!!!!

Send her to me....

We want to rally at the town hall...

We must let them see and hear us, we can not take this and lay down...They need to see the mistake and hear us yell..

Turn2Guru
09-19-2007, 12:07 PM
The price for skiing, 2 adults and 2 children for 2 hours, $152.00. TWO HOURS? I can't see to many families going more than once at those prices.

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
i take it these are the same builders, they are all the same around the world......
http://www.skidubai.com/ski-dubai/resort/

the photos are wild

Yeah, wait till they find out about the chemicals involved with the reefer to keep it cold in there and make the snow...if that spills or leaks..

Worried about the environment? But noise is bad...noise ain't never caused cancer.

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 12:12 PM
The price for skiing, 2 adults and 2 children for 2 hours, $152.00. TWO HOURS? I can't see to many families going more than once at those prices.

I'm not going at all, but I'll make sure it's all unionized with engineers and everything..they want to be here... I'll show them hell.

Jaws
09-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Very sad, very sad.

Drumz1959
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
It's a little more expensive in Dubai.......lol. I wouldn't compare those prices to U.S. prices, Those rates are in Dirhams, not U.S. Dollars ..................................Anyway, it sucks, no race track.

debbie33
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
How high is the proposed mountain? What is the skier going to get 30 45 seconds down a hill? Why bother?

Again big big mistake by Riverhead Town.

wayne
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
How high were the four people when they voted yes to it ??

CIN
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh and let's see FAKE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's what the Town Board was high on.
Can anyone say Bald Hill?
And let's see how fast LIPA has a problem with them making their own electricity.
And the best of it, to the Town Board....let's just support a company that does NOT have roots in the USA. Wow...talk about support on what used to be government property, where our planes were made to support our rights. NICE!

Duke22
09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I wonder how many thousands of letters they received from skiers?

I just wanted to thank Marty for the effort. Your posts got my attention and got me to write letters.

Turn2Guru
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I would assume, with the cost of the land now, the construction costs and whatever other misc. costs that will definitely arise, the cost to ski indoors on Long Island will probably be more than in Dubai. Think of how much a lift ticket is to ski on a real mountain in NY, now people are paying for the convenience. I grew up skiing, but you will never see me indoors. I'll be at the races, somewere...

W. J.
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing when the 'real' skiers see it from inside for the first time, they will reject it. It's not possible to build anything like that to the satisfaction of a real skier. Compare it to how intersted we'd all have been if the Rexcorp proposal was for a 1/16 mile oval with 300 seats. That's the equivalent of what the skiers are going ot end up with, and not even anything like real snow to ski on, either. Stupid Politicians! :mad:

CIN
09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Link to the Newsday article and the comments....let's post on there too!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liriv0920,0,6979056.story?coll=ny_home_rail_headli nes

RGeeProductions
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Funny about this, only 2 people of the 64 posts are from Riverhead.
Great support peoples!!!!

W. J.
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I posted, and I used my real name, too, LOL!

Teds Race Tours
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Richie. I lived in Riverhead for 38 years, so you can count my posts as Riverhead.

RGeeProductions
09-19-2007, 04:54 PM
And I am the other one!!! LOL
Now I see another thread started about picketing the town hall. Well, fine and dandy, if not Riverhead townspeople, then fruitless.
And also, I hate to say it, it won't be overturned otherwise, they will get sued big time by the ski people.
UPDATE: Yet ANOTHER thread started....This is like, hey, want something to eat then have if JAMMED down your throat already....

CIN
09-19-2007, 04:58 PM
The only way this would change now is the company doesn't come up with the funds. And the original person behind the ski resort was a scam artist. Oh well, like I said earlier, out of here in a couple of years. Just waiting for my daughter to graduate HS....then down to where they say you'll instead of youz guys....

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 05:01 PM
If you read the deal about Calverton the government wrote, they even wanted to see motorsports, as they wrote in the deal...but they went on to say for all the people of Suffolk County...not one town..for the use to benefit of the entire of Suffolk County. So in my eyes, we have a breach.

CIN
09-19-2007, 05:04 PM
And Marty
You are Surprised.....
Come on now....
I know you of all people spoke to more politicians that said don't worry, you'll get your tracks.....

RGeeProductions
09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
CIN, great point, failure to come up with $$$$$. Pray for this as it will probably be the only way out.
As for the Suffolk government, again, they have no power/say/rights to any of it. Then can voice support, which is great pr but have NO POWER TO CHANGE IT.
Not banging my head any more on this, trying to get you to see it's RIVERHEAD, RIVERHEAD TOWN PEOPLE, not the county or state. And if changed now, LAWSUIT TIME!!!
And the Supervisor is a lawyer, HA!!!!
NOT ONE OF THEM HAVE MY VOTE BUT EDDIE.
Then again, he's changing to Highway Sup, bummer.....

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 05:30 PM
As I sat up last night I was thinking I'm having a big bbq right about now. I thought it all out, checked a few things...what does upstate do in total during the winter, and at cheaper prices then what they will charge. I thought how much it will cost them to operate the reefer for that snow cone...and to keep it from melting away. Then I thought, people will freak about the chemicals and how bad they are when leaks happen. Then I thought, ah the little water park area...they wouldn't dare stick it to Splish Splash..who is dumping another $100+ million into his facility. So yeah I honestly thought we finally were going to get a wonderul place to have fun at...
Then I thought you know what...what would it be like to have nothing to fight over... we got trumped with Trump when we got behind him, I was shocked then. We got screwed again with Montecalvo when we got behind him and they did nothing... Top Gun got shot down at Calverton and Yaphank and lied to thru smiling faces, and now with RC, we just plain got _____ because a group of women think the noise, the noise that will be a whisper from Rte 25, and never heard compared to Grumman..freaked out and scared Tim Bishop...and Tim scares Riverhead and the only one that is man enough to vote his mind and not be compromised is Ed Densieski ...for that I am proud...never ever back down to anyone for anything because there scared. I'll get enough people behind US to support this then those ladies can ever imagine. Where are you scared nameless ladies for CNC...I'm right here, I hope you are ready.
Wait till you see what I do, Tim. AND I'M NOT DONE. Rex Farr and all the rest. I'm going to get to all of you, and the list of enemies will grow. My grandfather and my uncle, along with a few friends are buried there, and they wouldn't be upset at all with a track down the block...they would be upset if I quit....that Ain't happening.

RovinPromotions
09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm sure there are 2 track owners in NYC having a party!! It's a crying shame that we can never get a break. We pay some of the highest property taxes in the USA and we still have the good ole politicians not only robbing us blind, but making typical self centered "votes "for me decisions. Sick and tired of all the politicians BS. Don't forget this day Riverhead voters, you will have your turn to vote someday soon. :mad:

randomrodder
09-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I sure wish the news was better then this though I am not surprised in the least.

Some people have race lovers stereotyped as; down South rednecks. Northerners, toothless beer guzzlers. Sorry gang, but that's the way some people see us. Yes, even when they are looking right at us. There are none so blind as those that will not see.

RE: Sealed bids. BS. No such thing. Yes, the envelopes are sealed, but the bids are well know in advance. How do I know? Don't ask.

Jaws
09-19-2007, 11:02 PM
As I sat up last night I was thinking I'm having a big bbq right about now. I thought it all out, checked a few things...what does upstate do in total during the winter, and at cheaper prices then what they will charge. I thought how much it will cost them to operate the reefer for that snow cone...and to keep it from melting away. Then I thought, people will freak about the chemicals and how bad they are when leaks happen. Then I thought, ah the little water park area...they wouldn't dare stick it to Splish Splash..who is dumping another $100+ million into his facility. So yeah I honestly thought we finally were going to get a wonderul place to have fun at...
Then I thought you know what...what would it be like to have nothing to fight over... we got trumped with Trump when we got behind him, I was shocked then. We got screwed again with Montecalvo when we got behind him and they did nothing... Top Gun got shot down at Calverton and Yaphank and lied to thru smiling faces, and now with RC, we just plain got _____ because a group of women think the noise, the noise that will be a whisper from Rte 25, and never heard compared to Grumman..freaked out and scared Tim Bishop...and Tim scares Riverhead and the only one that is man enough to vote his mind and not be compromised is Ed Densieski ...for that I am proud...never ever back down to anyone for anything because there scared. I'll get enough people behind US to support this then those ladies can ever imagine. Where are you scared nameless ladies for CNC...I'm right here, I hope you are ready.
Wait till you see what I do, Tim. AND I'M NOT DONE. Rex Farr and all the rest. I'm going to get to all of you, and the list of enemies will grow. My grandfather and my uncle, along with a few friends are buried there, and they wouldn't be upset at all with a track down the block...they would be upset if I quit....that Ain't happening.

For whatever reason members of the Town Board have always had a bad attitude about racing.

About 7 or 8 years ago I met one of the members at the Town Hall in Huntington ( I was there on business and the Town of Riverhead was there for their own meeting) and she was down right nasty in her comments about building a race track at the Gruman site. I remember being stunned by her comments, so if its the same people on the board today I am not shocked by the outcome.

I can not wait for this to blow up in their faces.

Thanks Ed Denseski for sticking by your racing friends, when they open the new track some day you should be driving the pace car.

Indoor sking....I don't think so!

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
For whatever reason members of the Town Board have always had a bad attitude about racing.

About 7 or 8 years ago I met one of the members at the Town Hall in Huntington ( I was there on business and the Town of Riverhead was there for their own meeting) and she was down right nasty in her comments about building a race track at the Gruman site.

What's her name, someone is against it, let me know i'll be happy to take it up with them too...

This is what other groups do, we can add her to mailing list and phone list..