PDA

View Full Version : Get well Ellen Dimino driver of the 9x

Mack
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Talked to John Thompson , one-half of the Turn 1 Cowboy's. His girl friend, Ellen Dimino driver of the 9x go-kart in the Lite Division, is going to be ok. The doctor's want her to stay in the hospital for a couple of days, just to make sure she has no problems. If you didn't hear by now, Ellen had a wicked crash Sunday during the Lite Go-kart main. Have to thank the EMT's, Robin and Bea for the wonderful job they did. They kept Ellen calm and stabilized before she was transported to the hospital.

unowho243
09-17-2007, 11:55 PM
get well Ellen!

tstiles
09-18-2007, 10:32 AM
I recently have been following the posts regarding go carts because I will be getting involved in it soon with my son. He is a little young now, (almost 4) but I feel I should start taking him out there to watch and get him familiar with the whole scene. I was not there last week, but was concerned how that accident occured with the little girl. And is there any way it could have been avoided? Or is there something that could be done for the future to prevent it?
Get well soon Ellen. I know racing is not the safest sport, but with so many smart, good parents involved, I was just wondering if any more precautions could be taken for the future? If you need help with any of it, I would like to offer my help. If any extra help is neede in the carts, please PM me, I would love to help.

Scotty Wolf
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow, that's great news, yes, thanks to the EMT'S. Get well soon Ellen.

Scotty Wolf
09-18-2007, 12:34 PM
TSTILES, they will be doubling up on the tires up by the wall in the corners start on the next event which will be in 2 weeks, Sunday 9/30, come on down, great fun.

curiousellen
09-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support and nice comments. I'm home now wishing for a RAPID recovery too. Going to get a lot of rest. Hope to see everyone soon!!

kartracer120
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I saw that crash and I hope to see you out there soon.

Tracy87BB
09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear you're home and recuperating!

Mortgage Guy
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
First off I am glad to hear you are doing well, everyone involved did a great job and kept everyone very calm. Terry, I will be there with my boys on the 30th and I have a 2 cycle kid kart if you would like to let your son sit in it and check it out. Hope to see you there.

Tim Halpin