PDA

View Full Version : CJ Lehmann

Mortgage Guy
09-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey congratulations on a great season for you. You have had quite a few good runs this year and to be in the top 10 in points at your age is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work and we will try and get up there to see you race before the season is over.

jm31
09-18-2007, 09:14 AM
He has been doing one heck of a job. With more seat time, next year I bet he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Mortgage Guy
09-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I could not agree with you more.....At his age I was riding bikes and chasing girls........ Not this kid, he lives and breaths racing and people need to take note of his accomplishments as a young man. When all the other kids are doing what I mentioned before, he is in the shop working on his race car to make it better, with a Dad who wants to see nothing but his boy succeed. They deserve success and I for one hope they get it....:D

jm31
09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Succeed he will. We have had a blast helping them this year and look forward to the remaining races. Scott is a great coach and knows that car inside and out. No doubt this is the beginning of a great career.

Tracy87BB
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I heard that CJ finished 5th in the King of the Mountain street stock feature. Way to go, CJ! Not too shabby for a young kid in an old car!

I sure hope you're planning on running the street stock race next week...I'd love to get the chance to see you race, and I'll be up there covering the race for LongIslandJam.com. Hope to see you there!

Mortgage Guy
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Great job by him, I think he will be racing the next 2 races before the end of the year. I am going to try and get up there before the end of the season. I was there opening day and CJ was over 4 seconds off the pace and to end up 5th at this race is a true show of improvement. I don't even think his dad has finished that good in that race. I think his best finish was a 6th place. Way to go CJ.

Tracy87BB
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
You should come this Sunday then. I'm bringing both Chris and Bryan with me (if you were planning on bringing your boys). It should be a good time!

Let's not be so tough on Dad, either...:disgusted not nice...

W. J.
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't forget, Tracy, he can also come NELMA weekend, when the Street Stocks are also included in the show, and watch this very talented driver do his thing then, too.

Mortgage Guy
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
WJ, did he race his way to the front or were there a lot of wrecks?? How did his race play out??

W. J.
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
He was running around 7th when an on track incident between Rich Dimarco and Jimmy White Jr caused them to be sent to the rear, moving him to 5th, where he stayed really well right through the end of the race. No positions really changed much after that incident on lap 32.
I should point out that I made mention to a person sitting near me during the race just how old the original car was, and they were quite surprised to know it was still a viable race car after all those years.

Maddawg
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
WJ, not to correct ya, but re inform ya, it wasn't Jimmy White, it was some clown from Wall who couldn't race clean if he was the only car on the track who spun Richie while running 2nd.

W. J.
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Sorry, I stand corrected. Afternoon sun made it hard to read the car numbers from turn 1 tower.

Maddawg
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
No prob W.J. Now for the real reason I was on this topic. Congrats C.J. you did run an excellent race. You have been running good all season, just sometimes bad luck, bad track position, whatever, cost you some other good runs too...... Talk to ya soon--------- Maddawg

CSLMOTORSPORTS
10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone, and although I did finish better than my dad, I bet the old guy could still wear me out any day. Tracy, we will be running both shows, but there is a real small chance my dad will be in the car for the NELMA race, not sure yet, but I figure he gave up his seat for me, why not let him run the thing once.
Hope to see all of you at the track this weekend!

CJ Lehmann

Tracy87BB
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
If that is indeed the case CJ, then I'll be the lucky one. I'll be at the NELMA race as well, so maybe I'll get to see your dad race too. I still have a picture of the Nova when it was blue...if Mortgage Guy can find it...ha ha.
See you guys Sunday. Congrats again and good luck this weekend!