PDA

View Full Version : Message from Joe

Erin C
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
If anyone is trying to get a hold of Joe you need to call his cell phone 267-767-4923

His internet went down today and he hurt his back pretty bad yesterday and had to go to the hospital for tests and physical therapy so he is not mobile enough to fix the problem yet.

If it isn't an emergency you can send him an email but it may take him a few days to respond.

End.

Get well soon Joseph!

LongIslandJam
09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Get Well Joe! Hope you'll feel better soon from your recent calamity!

Richie
09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
He never had problems till he got married. Get well soon Joe. ;>)

W. J.
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Marriage will do that to you.:lol:

Get well soon, Joe, and I hope your internet 'heals', as well.:)

rydogg97
09-19-2007, 08:37 AM
His internet went down and he tripped on it and hurt his back?lol!! I'm sitting home with back problems too, so I know what it's like!! Feel better!! :lol:

Erin C
09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Funny but no, lol...he was cleaning out his garage to make room for my new motor and transmission (so it's my fault!!! SORRY!). When he was lifting a box of hardwood floors he felt a lot of pain and could barely move. He went to the ER for x-rays then the next day to get an MRI. He has a herniated disc and pinched nerves. He has physical therapy for 4 weeks and is "out of commission" for '8' weeks on top of steroids to shrink the hernia. But on top of that he came home from the hospital and physical therapist to no cable and cant really move around to try to fix the problem.

But have no fear! It's Nurse Bartley to the rescue today! lol
After I leave work I will be leaving to go take care of him for the rest of the week! My luck he'll end up worse than what he is now! :eek:

Sac-Man
09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Hope you get better fast!;)
Call me if you need help with the internet.

RacerMom56k
09-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I know the feeling of getting hurt and can't move:( . Just get some rest.
Get well.
Maria
Grouch Racing 56K

CJfilms
09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah...

So...It's not your fault Erin...I can't blame anyone but myself here.

I started losing feeling in my left foot about a week ago and just thought I bumped it funny and it was swelling up...no, not swelling, just loss of feeling. So while I was reorganizing my garage, moving boxes of hardwood floors and 40 lb bags of wood pellets, I felt a little tension when I stood up...then I went down...and crawled to my living room and had to wait until I could get a ride to the ER. I love the ER, I only had to sit for about an hour and a half...

Two patients came out, an ambulance drives by...then guy comes in with a bloody foot...so I waited another half hour before I got into the HALLWAY!!! Then I finally got a room...well a curtain! They shot me up with some good old drugs!!!! Valium, steroids, percocet, and Ibuprofin....WEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I slept for a few hours, then I got my x-rays and went home...my doctor sent me for an immediate MRI since the x-ray showed nothing. Appearently, I have herniated disc which is pinching my Sciatic nerve.....wonderful feeling!

So I will be in physical therapy for about 6 months...if that doesn't work then...I have to get a series of epidural shots directly to that disc to shrink it up.....yeah! I know how my luck is, I'll probably be getting the shots! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, I am going to be out of sight for a while, I should be online time to time, but for the most part, CALL ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!!!

267-767-4923

Also, a while I was in the ER my phone rang about 20 times, I had to stop answering after about the 6th call, so if you did try to reach me Monday, try me again now.

Thanks everyone!!!

W. J.
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Joe, epidural steroid shots are a GOOD thing. I had one for my back problem (2 herniated disks), and it worked really well. At the hospital I went to, it only took 1/2 hour in the O.R., and most of that was waiting for the doctor to come in and do a 5 minute procedure. Get the local anesthetic, and they'll have you on your way less than an hour later. It's a piece of cake, so don't worry. Best of all, the local will make the whole area numb (no PAIN) for about 4-5 hours. I may just go for another!!!

Geno
09-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Get "back" at it soon Joe..

modprincess8x
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Geez you can't be left alone at all! Feel better soon, I'm sure Erin will take good care of you.