PDA

View Full Version : Rally info for Saturday

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
On Saturday, September 29th, there will be a motorcade from the county line to Epcal.....

1. Meet at the the east bound side of the lie service road from exit 48 up is where we should start lining up.. at 9am..do to the media wanting exact times we will be pulling out at 9:20am

2. The lead vehicle: a Dodge Crew Cab, will have the banners with the appropriate slogans for all of us, and should be clear enough that others will want to join us in procession..

3. We will proceed at a calm 50/55 mph for all the guy's bringing their cars that have steep gears. This is not a race, we want to be seen, we want everyone to see how many of us are being ignored.

4. When you get there, if the line up is long, go to the front and line up down 1 of the intersecting streets...or hit the REST STOP between 49 and 50..and when the truck goes by with the banners, merge in...

I extend this invitation out to our 2 wheel handicapped brothers on Bikes..

unowho243
09-19-2007, 09:25 PM
what time?

CIN
09-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I think it would be a good idea....
The more the merrier

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 08:51 AM
We'll keep calling the town for now, but the press is going to be there. News 12 can't cover the news fast enough, as you can see im a day ahead of them. Imagine them having to be at Epcal and Town Hall..riiiiight

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 05:56 PM
PLEASE continue to call everyday... 1 call to the Riverhead Town and 1 to Tim Bishops' office..

Do not lay down like a beaten, broken, soul and let them win, this is how every other organization gets their way. 2 phone calls everyday....everyone

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Working on some slogans for the vehicles to have on them...

W. J.
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
How about "They commited a 'CARDINALE' Sin!"? "Tomorrow's economy SOLD OUT for todays $$$"

Just stay away from "There are already enough 'ski's' in Riverhead", LOL.

Sorry, I'll have to miss it. I'll be at Mountain Speedway, covering KoTM weekend.

btgoss
09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Someone needs to have signs that say something to the effect of;

I support the resort. Riverhead needs more Illegal workers.

I support the resort. Prostitutes need work too.

My point is, this is a political battle, and will have to be won as a political battle.

Resorts like this require huge amounts of cheap labor to run. We need to make the good people of Riverhead understand this will mean more illegals, and the problems that they fear come with that.

Orlando is another resort town. Drug abuse and prostitution are rampant in the area surrounding Disney. We need to highlight all of the bad that a giant resort project like this can bring.

The we need to high light that the track is small, needs a smaller more skilled labor force, and will be very quiet for a large part of the year. With little drug use and prostitution being part and parcel of it's operation.

You have to convince the voting public in Riverhead, that is what awaits them should they keep Cardinale in office, and allow this project to continue.

Can it be done?

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I like the Cardinale sin....with a Bishop involved.....

I am gonna use my crew cab for this one and if no one objects to me leading, I would love to get a 'bang', in your face slogan that everyone gets as soon as they see it......

Nice and big too. I'll make my own bracket to fly it out the bed....

W. J.
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
'Bang' for the banner? "CARDINALE sins with BISHOP!"

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Someone needs to have signs that say something to the effect of;

I support the resort. Riverhead needs more Illegal workers.

I support the resort. Prostitutes need work too.

My point is, this is a political battle, and will have to be won as a political battle.

Resorts like this require huge amounts of cheap labor to run. We need to make the good people of Riverhead understand this will mean more illegals, and the problems that they fear come with that.

Orlando is another resort town. Drug abuse and prostitution are rampant in the area surrounding Disney. We need to highlight all of the bad that a giant resort project like this can bring.

The we need to high light that the track is small, needs a smaller more skilled labor force, and will be very quiet for a large part of the year. With little drug use and prostitution being part and parcel of it's operation.

You have to convince the voting public in Riverhead, that is what awaits them should they keep Cardinale in office, and allow this project to continue.

Can it be done?

There will be plenty of vehicles that day, and we can have the signs for the destination and fly them there, but i would love to have them flown all the way down the l.i.e....

It would be hard to get that much info out there on signs like that, and let me tell you if we had more time i would look to see who i can get with trailers and have them all signed down the side and run them up and down...

You have no idea..

Just get pictures of Englishtown airial view...20 years ago 80k....now you need a million...

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Lol that's good but only we will know what that means...lol but i like it

Oh yeah and E-town has grown since 20 yrs ago from a drag strip to a motorsports park.....but it's a milion dollar neighborhood now...

Property value will go down...i want to smack everyone of them that say that.

I'll fly 2 big banners my truck has the power to deal with all that wind resistance

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Have you guy's been to these yet...

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/newsday/T6Q0LG634866AU9TA#lastPost

http://libizblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/19/riverhead-is-for-skiers-not-racers/#comment-1871

http://www.topix.com/forum/outdoors/T07E1GTND2NK9JF1H/p13#lastPost

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/newsday/T575IOQO6NLBI3DKV/p3#lastPost

http://libizblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/someone-must-want-the-ski-resort/#comment-1937

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Another... see a good chance for stark to win

http://twinforks.com/

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 11:30 PM
OK the 1st was WJ's and the 2nd is one of my buddies...

"They commited a 'CARDINALE' Sin!"? "Tomorrow's economy SOLD OUT for todays $$$"

"Tim Bishop To Riverheads Pawn: 'Got My Check, Mate'?!"

Any other ideas, I'm kinda liking these 2 ...
Oh.. Hey Bob, thank you kid, appreciate the help there, master of the microphone.
Too bad I was late for spec drag....

I've got a 7 month sentence now, without the fun

00 RBDJ
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I heard something over the PA system last night about a rally on rte 25 by the Planes in Calverton..But I really couldn't hear everything over the cars. What day, where is it starting and ending, and what time? I can assume this is to do with Calverton?

W. J.
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
We know it's on Friday, and we know it's by the entrance with the planes.

When we get complete details, look for them to be posted here.

There is also a demonstration set for Saturday, a drive from Suffolk County line to Calverton or Riverhead Town Hall, nothing set in stone just yet, but Supershafts will let us know the definite plans later this week.

SuperShafts
09-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Most of the info for the rally is at lidragracing. Now I just heard the press conference is for Tuesday at the f-14 display.

SuperShafts
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
For stickers: Black flag Cardinale and Bartunek, Black flag Riverhead Town Council.

Any ideas or input as to these ideas? Feel free.

SuperShafts
09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
If you are thinking of coming and might be afraid because you may break down. I can get you a tow, or my truck can pull at least 4 cars if need be. No excuses....c'mon out...

W. J.
09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
The more people who do this, the better the chance that the politicians will HAVE TO listen. Sorry I can't be there myself, but race coverage beckons, and I have a job to do.

The Bullfather
09-26-2007, 05:09 PM
where and when??? It keeps changing, let us know for sure when it is!

W. J.
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
where and when??? It keeps changing, let us know for sure when it is!
READ the first post in this thread, it has all the information about it.

RGeeProductions
09-26-2007, 07:14 PM
WJ, it is confusing. Title states: Rally info for Saturday.
Then 3rd post says "We have another issue developing Friday at 10am at Epcal. Let's let that have center stage."
Then 7th post "We are planning a parade style rally from county line and to proceed to Epcal. This is for Saturday the 29th, I'm still working on a time, but we are at 9 or 10 am."
So, it could be a bit confusing as the thread has no focus and all over on other issues Marty has.

W. J.
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
A bit confusing, maybe, but then if you read the dates on the posts, it is a little less so. The title was changed (by Me) at Marty's request, to eliminate confusion.
Earlier mergers of threads, as requested by others, created whatever confusion there was here. I will re-edit the first post in the thread to totally eliminate any confusion.

SuperShafts
09-27-2007, 06:39 AM
WJ, it is confusing. Title states: Rally info for Saturday.
Then 3rd post says "We have another issue developing Friday at 10am at Epcal. Let's let that have center stage."
Then 7th post "We are planning a parade style rally from county line and to proceed to Epcal. This is for Saturday the 29th, I'm still working on a time, but we are at 9 or 10 am."
So, it could be a bit confusing as the thread has no focus and all over on other issues Marty has.
Now you see why I Start New Threads......you can have multiple topics dealing with an area but all having totally different material
Everything I started was titled correctly for what you expected to find inside...
Just read and follow the very 1st post. The 1st post is what is going on.

00 RBDJ
09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
We will not be able to make the rally that day due to obligations at the Four Seasons car show. Good luck with the rally and I hope you accomplish what you are trying to. See you at the next one..

Denise

SuperShafts
09-28-2007, 06:20 PM
For those that aren't going to be there tomorrow... You are going to miss the biggest event on Long Island...

Trust me...it's gonna be huge

RickFigure8
09-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Not to be rude or anything but, biggest event on Long Island and not a word about it here, did it even happen?

RGeeProductions
09-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Funny Rick, I was wondering about that myself.
Well, off to Stafford for the BIG BOYS!!!

SuperShafts
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Why would i post something new in a past post...

See the news for what you missed

RGeeProductions
09-30-2007, 11:50 PM
This thread is titled:
Rally info for Saturday, SEPTEMBER 29TH!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday, September 29th, there will be a motorcade from the county line to Epcal.....

So most would think the info would be here.

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Past...this should be gone now...

00 RBDJ
10-01-2007, 09:16 AM
All anyone wants to know is how you made out this past saturday. Why start another thread when it is about the rally that went on this "past" saturday?:confused:

RGeeProductions
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
The point is:

THIS is the thread about that particular rally.
Any info or news of 'that' rally SHOULD be here.
We have gone through this about multiple threads.
EXAMPLE: A thread is started congratulating someone Saturday night for their win at Riverhead. Now, Sunday comes, that means the thread is 'past' and a new one started? NO.
If a new rally is planned, then we can see a new thread. It is not about PAST, it is about topic, PERIOD!!!
This is extremely simple to understand.
If it continues, we will merge as we see fit. That's when it gets confusing because some can't stay focused on issues.