PDA

View Full Version : Delange Team Prepares For The Race Of Champions

RGeeProductions
09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
The DeLange Racing team is busy with the final preparations for the 57th Annual Sunoco Race of Champions Weekend at Oswego Speedway. The Original Pizza Logs Modifieds will compete on Saturday and the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST will be in action on Friday night.

The crew of the #45 Original Pizza Logs Modified and the #12 SST driven by Erick Rudolph is hard at work in their Ransomville shop, preparing the cars for competition under the watchful eyes of crew chief Charlie Rudolph and team advisor Jim Rudolph. The talented teenager has had a good year in both divisions, including a Race of Champions Modified Tour win at Wyoming County International Speedway in July as a Modified rookie. He hopes to cap off his 2007 schedule with two successful races at Oswego this weekend.

Bobby Holmes of Lockport has had an up-and-down year in the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified. Several accidents have affected his season, but he has also had some good finishes. Holmes loves racing at the Oswego oval and is looking to finish the year with a flourish by running well in the Modified 200-lapper. The crew, led by crew chief Joe Mihalics, is meticulously preparing the racecar to be very competitive.

Team owner Dave DeLange is enthused about his team’s chances headed into the biggest Modified race of the year. “The Race of Champions is the race I have always wanted to win,” says DeLange. “It’s probably my biggest dream as a car owner. I think we have the equipment and people to make that dream a reality. Erick is the finest young talent in the division and he loves racing at Oswego . The experience he gained there last year in the SST and this year in the Modified will really help make a difference this weekend.

“Bobby hasn’t had the best of years, but he is very capable of winning. He is determined to turn his season around with a good run in the RoC. I think if we can stay out of trouble, pit at the right time, and be in the right position late in the race, either of our teams can win. Jim Rudolph’s expertise in these longer races is a very valuable asset for us. I’m looking for both our young drivers to be serious contenders at Oswego .”

Last weekend Rudolph carried the DeLange banner alone, racing the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman at Lancaster Raceway Park last Saturday night. He started the 20-lap feature from the eighth position and moved up to challenge for the win, finishing a close second to Kirk Rutherford. The strong run by the young driver gained him some valuable confidence for the upcoming US Open Weekend at Lancaster of September 29-30.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing