PDA

View Full Version : Property...300 acres or more

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Even though things are going to have a change in events soon. Keep up the pressure...

IF someone knows of someone, a farmer, or whoever, that might want to part with 300 acres or more, we can talk seriously...

The Bullfather
09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
on long island? Thats hard! The only place I know of is still the piece of land in YAPANK! Idiots who want to build and people who want to buy next to sewage treament plant, a larger jail, a dump, a land recycle place, industrial park and a farm are crazy! How much is it a done deal with Levy and Yapank, it crazy for anyone to think it's safe place for kids to be raised and not have some kinda problems later on in life. Plus you have Grucci's right there, I live across the bay from Bellport and my house felt it when it exploded. We thought some kinda bomb went off. Did they see the house that were down the streets from it??? Windows were gone!

You need to find a rock quary that is dug down in the ground and has natual barriers!

SuperShafts
09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
If you know of any farmer or anyone...there is land out east, who owns the land off exit 70...

But if you know of anyone let me know

W. J.
09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
...and then you'll have to fight the land preservationists or the Pine Barrens commission.....

randomrodder
09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
A good place would be an old sand and gravel mining pit. In most cases the track would be surrounded by natural sound barriers on 3 sides already. They are out there. Many get turned into landfills while others get turned into developments. I always thought one would be an ideal spot. IMHO.

W. J.
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree, Randomrodder, but I don't think it would be a good idea to look in Riverhead Town. Not a very a receptive place to race fans. Heck, I won't ever spend my money there on anything ever again.

The Bullfather
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Middle Island, Ridge and Rocky Point has a few great spots! Couple old sand pits and what-not!

Jaws
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Even though things are going to have a change in events soon. Keep up the pressure...

IF someone knows of someone, a farmer, or whoever, that might want to part with 300 acres or more, we can talk seriously...

You have that kind of money?? What would that be $15 $20 Million?

The Bullfather
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone have Ira Rennert's phone Number???

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
You have that kind of money?? What would that be $15 $20 Million?

I can take care of it....

I don't make posts for the sake of making posts....

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 08:40 AM
...and then you'll have to fight the land preservationists or the Pine Barrens commission.....

I like fighting with Dick Amper..... He's so worried about the island, but he still isn't on the Canary Islands removing that mountain..

I could easily give him an ulcer, at the very least

btgoss
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
With a more receptive Levy, why not propose the current plan for the Pilgrim State land?

The existing truck depot plan has lost most of it's steam, and is going to have a huge amount of negative press and local reaction.

I think a realistic plan to rehabilitate the Pilgrim state site married to a motorsports complex can get lot of support.

Infrastructure is still going to be a problem. But where would it not be? Pilgrim state is close enough to the expressway to make things a bit easier.

But that is just a suggestion. Of course it would be awesome for me in West Babylon. I would get to more then one race a year then.

Jaws
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
With a more receptive Levy, why not propose the current plan for the Pilgrim State land?

The existing truck depot plan has lost most of it's steam, and is going to have a huge amount of negative press and local reaction.

I think a realistic plan to rehabilitate the Pilgrim state site married to a motorsports complex can get lot of support.

Infrastructure is still going to be a problem. But where would it not be? Pilgrim state is close enough to the expressway to make things a bit easier.

But that is just a suggestion. Of course it would be awesome for me in West Babylon. I would get to more then one race a year then.

It would be a great location, but just like any other place on LI they have already built too many houses near by, it would never fly.

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Pilgrim state is the one up by indian head rd? is it that 1?

That one would be a problem if it is the one i am thinking of

W. J.
09-21-2007, 10:48 PM
No Marty, that's Kings Park.

Pilgrim State is South of LIE, West of Saktikos pkwy.

SuperShafts
09-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I was thinking of that other abandoned site then ok

randomrodder
09-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Pilgrim State wouldn't be a bad site, it's large enough. Plenty of Parkway and Expressway routes, centralized in Suffolk County.

Sure, there might be homes around the area, but a healthy tax cut for the owners might be a good incentive for them to deal with a bit of noise and traffic now and then.

I'd still rather see it go to Calverton. Not sure if there is enough space left at Central Islip.

rydogg97
09-22-2007, 08:20 AM
It would be a great site! Build it like Wall Stadium. Terrace it into the ground and there is your noise problem solved. That's why a sand pit or large excavated area would be great.

W. J.
09-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Only problem with Pilgrim State site is that there is a plan on the boards to build an intermodal train/truck transfer station on the site, and the neighbors are up in arms about THAT! They'd like to see it be nothing; main complaint, traffic and diesel truck fumes. One neighborhood involved is Eastern Dix Hills. That should say it all.

00 RBDJ
09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I think that Pilgrim is supposed to be the new Tangier Outlets. My brothers doing the fire sprinklers. I am pretty sure thats where he said. Sorry

J.D.
09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Do You need that much land, for a nice half mile oval ?

RGeeProductions
09-22-2007, 10:37 AM
In these times, I don't think just a track would make enough to pay the bills. Pre-exsisting like Riverhead, it could. A new facility would have to be a multi-purpose facility and that means more land.

W. J.
09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
The rail facility is located in a different spot than the new Tanger.

Jaws
09-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Thats the biggest problem on an "Island" with just so much land and a growing population.

No matter where you go, you will have people that would vote it down.

There are not enough of us race fans left to garner enough support.

If this were the 70's, maybe.

Remember in those days, 2,000 at Riverhead, 12,000 at Islip and and 3,000 at Freeport, plus a few thousand at NY National drags, all on the same Sat night. That's probably over 20,000 race fans at the same time.

Now we have a hard time drawing 2,000 or 3,000 at Riverhead on a good night (I know that opens a whole other thread).

I think in future years the true race fan on LI will have to get used to traveling.

J.D.
09-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I think you are right Jaws, We are just going to have to enjoy some tracks in Conn. and Elsewhere. It's too bad they can't build a good half mile on the island, I almost think they could, but there would have to be some very good promotion for it.

randomrodder
09-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Promotion? LOL, just look at what NASCAR did with Staten Island. Made me laugh when I first heard of it. That whole area is contaminated with just about every chemical known to man, ok, so I exaggerate a bit.

Talk about stupity. Yeah, so they own the land, big deal, a track at that location would have been a total disaster. Thankfully it didn't work out.

Maybe someone should have put them onto Calverton. Though I am sure they knew about the goings on.

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Whooaaaaa guy's....

We have over 15,000 drag racers....alone....participating not fans. That's just the guy's we have signed up...

That doesn't include fans...nor truck fans, tuner, nascar, scca, karting, irl, cart, F-1

On the Island, there are more then 150,000 motorsports oriented. The problem is, very many of them are in denial we can win, and the other large majority is lazy....

There are so many big shops here catering to motorsports it would shock you, and about 8 have left NY for this reason in the past 3 years.

We had several rallies with 2500 people, and our list was missing over another 18,000 people....it's those people's lack of support that makes what were doing very, very hard.

On the way to Riverhead last night, while running late and missing to run in the spec drags...I counted 15 Ford GT's....not Mustang GT's, but 15 GT's with nothing to do but cruise the L.I.E. Now if I could get to everyone, I would say at least 5 of those 15 would participate...going by my past experiences dealing with my own motorsports family and their sickening attitude and lack of want and desire to try.

As for the property, they want 300 plus, at 300 it is just enough to do it all.

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Nascar is determined to be in the shadow of the NYC skyline, and they're not done yet with that situation in S.I..

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 08:53 PM
This is exactly the problem i just explained that we have.....

This is rampant in the motorsports community

I am totally for a entertainment/motorsports complex at Grumman, but I do not want to waste time on something that will not change anything. I think it is time to focus on something that may make a change of mind on the board. At this time, I really don't see that and do hope and pray they fail the $$$$$ test for starting this project as I think it is a totally ridiculous venture and will be bankrupt within 3 years of opening!

My PERSONAL opinion,
Richie Grodski

As for joining all these posts it would be a mess....

How many posts are closed when they get a little off topic, and you want to join this post with the post for land, and the rally and the news conference...
That would be a utter mess

randomrodder
09-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Nascar is determined to be in the shadow of the NYC skyline, and there not done yet with that situation in S.I..

I won't debate you on this matter but, I don't see it happening there. Traffic control and parking, (yeah, yeah, I know, buses) would kill it on it's own.

I am sure you've tried crossing Staten Island during rush hour. Plus, the Goethals bridges looks like it's ready to collapse. Of course people coming from the south could use Rte 440. Can you imagine those from the north using the BQE? Or, or, or...........

Time will tell. We'll see. If they do it, fine, if not.........something else will come along for them I'm sure.

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I have done the S.I. trip many of times...

I wish they would get behind us rather then wait till they get what they want in office to try again..

Traffic control would be great...it's not scpd doing it...nypd..much better at that stuff

Mike Fields
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I've seen Staten Island locked up on a Saturday night returning from Wall at 11:00 - 12:00 midnight. It's never an easy trip--- even during "Off Peak" hours.

art11758
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
In as far as the proposed Edgewood truck rail facility... What some folks don't remember is that was s'posed to be a incinerater (remember the "five towns" thing??) which already has rail acess (the tracks are from the old passenger depot at Pilgrim) and if built correctly benefits all. The SI track. If all else fails, it was a great real estate venture. J.A. and I talked about this five years ago with regards to infrastructure etc. It and all the hotels are on the NJ side. (right at the airport complete with light rail to get you there((just add the connection...)) ) {{pm for more about these things....I love transportation stuff}}Traffic?? Ever been to Daytona for the 500? ISC seems to have that problem handled. Next?? Just support a multipurpose facility that features some sort of motorsports venue. It takes a fraction of your life to make a difference. I've been writing letters, going to some pretty inane "civic association" meetings, a few rallies and distributing literature. If I can squeeze in a little time (5 hr comute daily, plus a night job,blah, blah, blah) anyone can. It still amazes me how anything gets done with the amount negativity, NIMBYism, general indifference,and defeatism that exists on LI.:mad: