PDA

View Full Version : Congrats

CIN
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Congrats to all the winners yesterday and to all those that won the first ever Riverhead Enduro championships in their divisions.

And just a little "soap box" from me:

I am extremely proud of all the enduro drivers and all the people that are associated with them. No fighting. No yelling. No name calling. And from one driver almost a sadness that he won the race and the championship because his fellow driver's car broke. I know that is not how either of them wanted it to happen. They would have rather been door to door at the finish line.

And to any of the Saturday night people reading this, maybe you should take some lessons from those that you call "circus acts". Maybe they don't have the amount of money in their cars you do, but each and every one of them puts themselves into these cars. Maybe that's the answer. They might "only" be enduro drivers, but they are more of a class act than most of those on Saturday night. This is just my opinion.

Again, CONGRATS to all those that won and CONGRATS to all those that participated. See you at the banquet or next year.

vsmidge68
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Nicely put, Cin. This division has the most respect between drivers and we absolutely had an awesome year.

Thank You Cindy, for sticking with it this year. I know it was tough at times. You really made Donny's night last night and I saw the look on your face giving out the trophies, like the proud "Godmother".

Also, we would like to congratulate Bobby Pease on his win and Championship. We can always count on him running you as hard and as clean as he can. Truly a class act.

always amazed
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
As I recall it was former enduro graduates that stood by the gate and booed the Most Popular Driver in the Blunderbust division, after being awarded the championship. Another former driver throwing his helmet on 2 occasions. So please, let's all keep the criticism down. As you see, we all can throw stones.

vsmidge68
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
key word is "former".

always amazed
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Former, That must be as far back as your Sept 1 blunderbust entry. That's what I call throwing somebody under the bus.

W. J.
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I can spell out that always amazed better get back on topic.

The theme of the thread is congrats. Let's stay on that, okay?

Bobby Pease
09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Holy cow, great season! I would like to send congrats out to everyone also! Not just the winners, all enduro drivers, especially the ones I race with! This division is by far the cleanest one out there. Also, it's the most respectful. Yes, we sometimes have disagreements, but it's talked about after the race, then it's gone!
DONNY, sick race dude, super clean and tons of patience back there.. WELL, Ray, John, Greg, Don, Pete, James, Tommy, Brian and the rest, Until next season, Be safe, enjoy your time off.. (I gotta fix my rear.LOL)... CYAz all soon..
BOBBY PEASE

Tracy87BB
09-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Congratulations to each and every one of you...

Hey Bobby, better to be replacing your rear now than right after the first lap of the 2008 season...congrats!

richardpetey
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Way to go Peaseman!...................:applause:
Great job by all you guys..................:cool:
Wish I could've made it up to more of the Grands..............:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

gzenduro12
09-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Congrats to the whole grand family.:wave:
Bobby & Ray way to make it all come down to the last race. We have a great thing going here. We've got to put our heads together and see what we would like for the 08' season. More shows, Rule changes??????? Fans enjoy our style so let's take full advantage & give em' something to cheer about.:applause:
Clean racing and a positive atmosphere in the pits, before & after the race. I guess we'll all speak more at the upcoming meeting, but for now are there any ideas that would make our division even better?
Greg Z #12

racenut38
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Job well done by all the drivers. Donny Oliver for a great race in the grands. I was out of my seat cheering. Woot Lawrence, Jamie Curtis girl in the top ten and she missed the 1st race of the season. Jeff Gregor looking strong in the 6 cyl. Ed Brown great season and can melt a 4cyl like the best of them. Anthony Pizzo showing off his skill in 8s and the 4s and most impressive Shawn Wanat 2 championships in one season .:applause: :cheers: See you all next year.

RebelMtrspts29
09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I would like to first thank Ray Fitz for helping me out this season, and for spending the time with me on those Saturday nights trying to get the car just right.
Greg Zaleski and Papa Dukes, class act guys and true friends, had another fun fun time this year the hot rod 12 always has time to give me a few good taps in the turns! HAHA
Mike Retus and the 51 gang was an excellent addition to our crowd great people , good car and great driver!!!
And to everyone else who helped me and had patience with me on the track John, Donny, Bobby, and everyone else. I had my best year yet, finishing races and being able to run at a respectable pace, but i am coming for all of you guys next year!!!! have a good one, hope to see you all at Mountain to see what the #29 can do in the big ring.

Its time to go hunting!!!!
Brian Obiedzenski and the #29 team

RacinRob
09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
After racing a full saturday night season, I by far had THE MOST fun watchin my father race in the enduros this year and seeing my little cousin Johnny get his feet wet in racing and doing a darn good job. I admire the family type atmosphere that the enduros bring and I feel that the saturday night guys can learn alot from all the enduro guys and girls. The grands are an execptionally talented division and I would love nothing more to see them run more...I think Greg Z, Bobby, Ray, John and Donny are an excellent nucleus and Brian O., and Brian Brown really improved and are going to be very tough to deal with next season. I loved the experience of Saturday night racing but love all my enduro boys to death have a healty and safe offseason.

rocket
09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Congrats to Bobby,Russ and all the other enduro winners and racers. Great people great fun and a great division. Rich #7 Trux.

nobandwagonhere
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
First off, Cindy thank you so much for your dedication. I know it was only a 2nd place trophy, but to be awarded a trophy at a Rich Johnson memorial race is truly an honor. It took a lot to hold back the tears of joy on Sat. You kept with this through the hardest of times and it has not gone unappreciated AT ALL. Thank you so much for ALL your hard work.
WOW, what a year. Some great, great racing. The icing on the cake would be to go to Sat. nights next year and show the Sat. night fans the show that only we know how to show.
I ran Blunderbusts for the first time this year and let me tell you, say what you want, but I've seen and been part of more actual RACING in one Grand Enduro race than the whole season in Blunderbusts. And that's a fact.
Congrats to Bobby Pease for the win and Championship. What a race brother. You have ALWAYS run me clean, even in the tightest of situations. I would rather race you as clean as possible and settle for second than to do you dirty for a win. I was on a cloud Sat. night and I thank you for that outstanding run. We made that race and I am honored to be part of it.
Ray, tough break at the end, but wow, what a season. You are honestly like a role model to me on that track. You have no idea how much I've learned from you without you saying a word.
John, again, watching you race is like sitting in a classroom. I can't stop learning.
The whole division is just a class of its own. We are truly a class act.
You guys are awesome and words can't describe how I feel when I think about the respect we share on that track. Thank you all.

Cindy, I thank you again. Thank you for not giving up on us. You are the best in every respect of the word. See ya's at the banquet!:wave:

Tracy87BB
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
On a personal note here, it's really nice to see the respect that you guys have for one another. Honestly, I haven't been to many Sunday shows in the last few years. The August Enduro was one of the first in a while. I was floored by the show you guys (and gals) put on. I'm not taking anything away from the Saturday night drivers, but for everyone who says "Enduros aren't racing"...well, you should sit and watch one or two. Some of the best racing I've seen. You run each other hard and to the max, get out of the cars, shake hands and slap each other on the backs for a good race. Amazing.

And it's so nice to see that Cindy's hard work and dedication have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. I have only seen a fraction of what she has done, but even that has been a ton. In my opinion, she deserves as big of a trophy as any one of those drivers out there...thanks for all that you do for racing!

NJ Chick
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
WOW!! Congrats Bobby P on your Enduro Championship!!! I remember a time when you were getting so discouraged...now just look at you!!!:) Dookie!! Congrats on getting 2nd place in the enduro and for being Rookie of the Year in the Blunderbusts!! I'm proud as a peach of both of you guys!!:cheers:

You would be hard pressed to find another Cindy J. She truly is The Godmother of Enduros!!!
:wave: :cool: :wave: :cool: